Utes about to conclude a month of Sunday play

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    Jan. 22, 2018 3:03 p.m.

Alekhin:

"This is a great reason for any recruit to choose another school that doesn't play on Sundays. Whether for religious reasons or just for the rest. Why go to a school that you will be forced to play on Sunday?"

What? The only reason for your post is religious. Don't pretend it's for "rest". That is just laughable. Every conference worth it's salt plays games on Sunday, and Sunday games are played in the NCAA tournament. The only exception (I believe) is byu. A look at byu's woeful NCAA tournament results makes me dubious about how beneficial non-Sunday play truly is.

@DeepBlue:

"Teams ranked in KenPom’s Top 50

WCC - 3
    P12 - 3"

Lol. look at the KenPom's SOS for said teams:

WCC - 144, 215, 237
    PAC - 39, 52, 57

How about we look at RPI while we're at it?

Top 7 RPI for PAC: 16, 31, 39, 52, 59, 61, 64
    Top 3 RPI for WCC: 40, 56, 69

Perspective - a byu fan's worst enemy.

Thank you both for your support for all things Utah. We appreciate it!

Go Utes!

• DeepBlue Anaheim, CA
    Jan. 22, 2018 10:41 a.m.

timid sparrow

Teams ranked in KenPom’s Top 50

WCC - 3
    P12 - 3

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Jan. 21, 2018 3:49 p.m.

@Ute busters

"How are u liking the PAC now?"

We like it just fine, thank you. Even if every home game were on a Sunday, it's better than playing in high schools gyms in a low-major conference against teams that even the selection committee has never heard of.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 3:43 p.m.

Chris B

What does the Pope have to say about your Sabbath?

• Tyler McArthur South Jordan, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 2:04 p.m.

The Sabbath is a blessing, not a burden. I know God will bless those that keep his commandments. I don't think that will necessarily mean that a basketball team will win more games if they don't play on Sundays, but their players, coaches and fans will all be blessed as a result.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 1:13 p.m.

Austin

Our coach comes to the Sunday games. So he’s a true fan.

• Alekhin Herriman, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 12:34 p.m.

• Utah rules Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 10:56 a.m.

Chris,
    Because you don't believe in a sacred Sabbath does not believe that true fans should not. Very silly comment.
    I have to say that I am disappointed in the U for selling out what I thought was a core belief for big conference play. Couple that with the recent behavior of our AD I am less if a fan than I used to be. College sports have lost their way.

• Ute buster Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 10:51 a.m.

CB,
    In reality, the more respected teams in the conference get the better schedules. How are u liking the PAC now?

• UoU 1991 Park City, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 9:46 a.m.

Having a day of rest is a gift, rather than a burden.

• Austin Coug Pflugerville, TX
    Jan. 21, 2018 9:39 a.m.

@Chris B

I guess your coach isn't a true "fan" either. Sounds like he doesn't like Sunday games either.

• Idaho forever South Jordan, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 9:08 a.m.

"Chris"

I was a "Ute" before you were born.......and will be "till I die". There is no reason to play college basketball games on Sunday. It has nothing to do with being a fan

• golfrUte SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Jan. 21, 2018 8:53 a.m.

@ Chris B

As an alum and season ticket holder for decades I don't need you to preach to me about being a "fan"

I don't attend sporting events on Sunday, so I give my tickets to family and friends who choose to attend on Sunday. I'm sure there are thousands of "fans" just like me. We love the U, but the fact that we don't attend on Sunday does not correlate to not being a "fan." I've spoken with Dr. Hill about Sunday scheduling and he is doing what he can to minimize Sunday games. How is it appropriate for some PAC12 schools to have zero Sunday games and we have four?

I know it will never happen, but I'd prefer all college sports not be played on Sunday as I believe our student athletes deserve a day off and I hate to miss any Utah games.

Go Utes!!

• The Anti Chris Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 20, 2018 11:05 p.m.

Yes Chris. We know that playing on the Sabbath is not an issue for you.
    U have fewer "fans" than u used to with the recent meltdown on the hill.

• Prodicus Provo, UT
    Jan. 20, 2018 10:01 p.m.

I'm sure, since the Pac12 is so honored to have the privilege of having the mighty Utes in their conference, that all it will take is a call from Chris Hill and the conference will accommodate the U's desire to not play on Sundays. Right?

If not, hey, the Utes could apply for admission to the WCC.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 20, 2018 7:30 p.m.

Love the Sunday games. It separates the fans from “fans”

The fans come. The “fans” don’t

If you can’t support our team 7 days a week, go cheer for the blue

• JJ443 Kaneohe, HI
    Jan. 20, 2018 6:56 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Utah basketball has less fans attending Sunday. Makes sense financially for Utah to keep games on Saturday.