Twitter reactions: Bill Walton steals the show as the BYU-Utah rivalry resumes

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Dec. 18, 2017 11:32 a.m.

As a color commentator, I got tired of him very quickly. If I were paired with him to call a game, I would dread it.

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Dec. 18, 2017 11:24 a.m.

I love Bill Walton. Sometimes I find myself drawn to the Mute button, but for the most part he makes a college basketball game entertaining, and that is not easy to do.

• Karthu South Jordan, UT
    Dec. 18, 2017 9:37 a.m.

As someone who watches a lot of Pac-12 basketball (Go Ducks), I tend to agree with Zyme. Sometimes it's entertaining but you pretty quickly get tired of his commentary. It was more interesting with him talking about his experience at BYU though.

@Not Much of a Fan: That said, I agree - that comment was hilarious.

• Husker2 Aspen, CO
    Dec. 18, 2017 9:06 a.m.

@Zyme "Bill Walton ruins the broadcast of the basketball game. It seems to be all
    about him, the game is secondary."

I only recall Walton talking about himself twice. Once when he was asked about his stuttering and when he mentioned his older brother being somebodies roommate in college. About 99% of his non-basketball related comments were spent raving about the beauty and people of Utah. What's wrong with that??

• Carnak Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 17, 2017 4:00 p.m.

Big Bill is the best and therefore he broadcasts for the conference of champions.

• Zyme Logan, UT
    Dec. 17, 2017 3:30 p.m.

Bill Walton ruins the broadcast of the basketball game. It seems to be all
    about him, the game is secondary. I've ask the PAC-12 to remove him from
    broadcast so we can enjoy the game and not forced to listen to his rambling.
    Generally, I like to listen to the announcers to learn about the team, players
    and game background. With Walton, it all about him. We don't need that. The
    only way to enjoy the game when he's there is to mute the announcers.

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Dec. 17, 2017 11:58 a.m.

Love your colorful and knowledgebale about BYU, Utah, the State of Utah and the Rivalry! Bill Walton is a lot better than Dick Vitale and come back again.

• ConradGurch Salt Lake City, Utah
    Dec. 17, 2017 5:51 a.m.

Love Bill Walton's call and passion for the game. He obviously did some Utah research and even knew where Millard was located. Come again BW you are always welcome!

• PRSomega Cedar Hills, UT
    Dec. 17, 2017 1:56 a.m.

Oh, I see, it doesn't matter when the Utes lose...it only matters when they win. How convenient!

• Not Much of a Fan Irvine, CA
    Dec. 17, 2017 12:56 a.m.

Favorite Walton comment of the night: Overcoming stuttering is my greatest achievement...and your greatest nightmare.