Hugh Bonneville, Sutton Foster shine in Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert

• Backtobasics Provo, UT
    Dec. 19, 2017 11:24 a.m.

Each year when I hear of how wonderful the concert was I get upset. The reason ? Only a handful (relatively speaking) get to see this concert as it occurs. It is OUR LDS concert and since the tickets are handed out on a "lucky draw" basis it is reasonably certain there are a number of non-LDS individuals get to see the concert in person. This is unfair since LDS members pay for the cost of the performance (tithing) we should get to see it live too. After-all, we see General Conference twice each year why can't this be broadcast as well ? Continuing to be upset each Christmas.

• msmith9596 Lake Forest, CA
    Dec. 18, 2017 5:32 p.m.

The concert does not need to be "edited," any more than the hundreds of other performances which are broadcast live. From now on, it should be shown live, rather than a full year later.

• calu Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 18, 2017 11:32 a.m.

I sawthem Sunday morning and loved it. I’m just curious how much tickets cost for Thursday night

• ERB Eagle Mountain, UT
    Dec. 16, 2017 8:45 a.m.

We went Thursday night and loved it. A couple songs weren't Christmas songs but were favorites she chose to sing. The arrangement the choir did of Silent Night was my favorite arrangement I've ever heard, of my favorite Christmas song.

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    Dec. 16, 2017 7:58 a.m.

Sunshine on My Shoulder is not a Christmas song...no connection whatsoever.

• SingerGuy59 Orem, UT
    Dec. 15, 2017 9:24 a.m.

Every year the Christmas concert is recorded, carefully edited, and then rebroadcast on PBS the following year. This concert will be next year's television special. Tonight at 7:00 you can enjoy Rolando VillazÓn from last year.

• lalalaleesa FORT WORTH, TX
    Dec. 15, 2017 8:58 a.m.

C Shields - Each year's concert is put on DVD and sold the following year (e.g. the 2017 concert will be sold in 2018). PBS also broadcasts the previous year's concert each December (again, 2017 concert shown in December 2018), so check your local listings - you might be able to catch the 2016 concert this month! Our family owns about 5 concert DVDs from previous years, as we live very far away and attending in-person isn't an option. The DVDs are well worth the price. Deseret Book usually has them discounted during their after-Christmas sale, which is when I buy them.

• Laurels Sandy, UT
    Dec. 15, 2017 8:45 a.m.

It was a beautiful program. Both guest artists did a wonderful job with their songs and readings. I was fortunate to get tickets. Must have timed my login perfectly. It's the first time in several years--either logging in or via the random drawing method. I've watched past performances when they've been posted months after the fact. The difference between "live" sound and a recording--no matter how wonderful and skillful the recording--is marked.

@ C Shields--They announced that Thursday's performance was being videotaped. I believe they make DVDs of it that are made available for purchase through the LDS Church's Distribution Center. They've also posted past Christmas performances on the Tab Choir's websites, but there's usually a bit of a delay. You should eventually be able to see it as it will probably be posted. But it may be a while.

• C Shields c, CA
    Dec. 15, 2017 7:22 a.m.

Is there a video of it that we can watch, since we live out of state? It sounds wonderful and I'd love to see it!