Where will Utah and Utah State go bowling? Here are the latest projections

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Dec. 3, 2017 1:47 p.m.

How about Jack and Jill lanes?

• eagle Provo, UT
    Dec. 3, 2017 1:46 p.m.

Boise State just beat Fresno State last night IrieUte. Also, the beat BYU by 17 points in Provo while the Utes beat the Cougars by 6 points. They also beat San Diego State who beat Stanford who beat Utah. So instead of being a high-and-mighty Ute fan that thinks they're special because they can finish 9th place in the PAC-12, you would be lucky or even "blessed" to be chosen to play Boise State.

• Hugo West Jordan, UT
    Dec. 3, 2017 12:02 p.m.

I guess BYU fans are trying to have Boise St. do the talking for them now since the Cougars obviously can't beat Utah.

• Stringer Bell Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 3, 2017 11:55 a.m.

Betcha: “It seems that both schools had not very good seasons, I am surprised that either one is consider for a Bowl game.. There are many other schools that went 9-4 or 8-5 and did not make their playoffs, I would think those schools would be at the top of any ones list to go bowling... ”

There are 81 bowl-eligible teams and 78 available Bowl berths. What does the "many other 9-4 or 8-5 teams that didn’t make their playoffs" have to do with a team being selected for a bowl game? I’ll answer it for you; nothing.

• iNKSpot Wilsonville, OR
    Dec. 3, 2017 11:11 a.m.

Who's going to the Anchor Hocking Cut-glass Punch Bowl? Any projections?

• IrieUte west valley, UT
    Dec. 3, 2017 9:14 a.m.

As a Utes fan who is aware we have better qb, receiving, and safety play than the last time Utah faced (chris petersens) boise st. I would love the oppertunity to watch that matchup. Didnt they just lose to fresno state lol

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Dec. 3, 2017 9:03 a.m.

As a Cougar fan who watched Boise State demolish Utah at RE Stadium a few years ago----- my vote is for Utah and Boise State at the Las Vegas Bowl. --BYU Alum

I commend your bravery in bringing up the Vegas Bowl. When I think "Vegas Bowl"--different little films of more recent times begin to dance around my noggin. Like a Utah d lineman standing on a stage in front of a bunch of Cougar players and simply demanding that they play clean, rather than cheap shot football--then watching the Cougars meekly comply and lose to the Utes the next day. Recalling when the chance had been very real that Utah wouldn't play BYU that season and rack up another easy notch on their brilliant rivalry record against the Cougars. Watching BYU fans being reduced to trying to convince themselves that a staging a big comeback (and coming up short) was almost as good as having won? That's some good rivalry stuff. Still feel like talking about the Vegas Bowl--BYU Alum? No--I don't imagine you do. I say good day, Sir.

• Betcha Waltham, MA
    Dec. 3, 2017 7:48 a.m.

It seems that both schools had not very good seasons, I am surprised that either one is consider for a Bowl game.. There are many other schools that went 9-4 or 8-5 and did not make their playoffs, I would think those schools would be at the top of any ones list to go bowling... Utah and Utah State, better luck next year.

• london_josh lincoln, CA
    Dec. 3, 2017 2:52 a.m.

I want Utah in the Independence Bowl - because the fans might cringe.

all joking aside, Utah has an amazing bowl game record, should be interesting, those are interesting game options.

• Mountainman38 Idaho Falls, ID
    Dec. 3, 2017 12:54 a.m.

If they had their druthers:

The Players----------Hawaii (for fun)
    The Coaches--------Texas (for recruiting)
    The Fans-------------Arizona (cheaper driving to game)
    The Bowl People---Las Vegas (for good attendance)

The Las Vegas Bowl probably is not an option for the Utes because of the pecking order.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Dec. 2, 2017 10:13 p.m.

As a Cougar fan who watched Boise State demolish Utah at RE Stadium a few years ago and thus having Utah opting to NEVER to play Boise State again, my vote is for Utah and Boise State at the Las Vegas Bowl. (or anywhere else!)