BYU gets sweet revenge in blowout victory over Utah Valley

• Eastern CO Coug Elizabeth, CO
    Nov. 30, 2017 7:42 p.m.

Much better team play this year. I loved the passing last night. Fun to watch the ball moving around. Got to like this team much better than last year even if their record ends up being similar. Like this team better against the likes of St. Mary's . Last year's plan was to throw it into Mika. Too one dimensional and too much selfish play. Not happening this year.

• rolsol San Antonio, TX
    Nov. 30, 2017 4:16 p.m.

It wasn't only great defense that won the game, it was great defensive commitment the entire game.

That was something I have never seen at BYU. Schroyer was the most valuable element in this game. From what I've heard about the other games with the poor shooting, it probably won the Princeton and UMass games.

Schroyer is intense. Sitake is laid-back. Could that be the difference in what we've seen this year. Portland State did show who BYU football was. Totally disagree with the Ty Detmer situation. I was a little concerned when I heard Micah Hanneman talk about how laid back it was... then you notice the improvement in Virginia. Sitake better be on the hot seat next year.

• gchris rock springs, wy
    Nov. 30, 2017 11:54 a.m.

@amigo

"Can you imagine if the Cougars had Erik Mika and Yoeli Childs!?"

I have tried to imagine that and I think it would look about like last year--ball goes in to Mika who goes one-on-two and passes the ball out only if he doesn't have a shot. The ball movement that you saw last night would have stopped at Mika. This is a better team without him.

• MendonMick Mendon, UT
    Nov. 30, 2017 9:11 a.m.

byu is DOMINANT!

• KimmyP Grantsville, UT
    Nov. 30, 2017 9:08 a.m.

"sweet revenge on UVU" 😂

• talkinsports Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 30, 2017 8:44 a.m.

Great game by Childs, especially going toe-to-toe with athletic 7-0 Manyang.

-----------------------

amigo

"Can you imagine if the Cougars had Erik Mika and Yoeli Childs!?"

I think Mika had the potential to be a lottery pick, but he needed another year in college to fine tune his game. His agent sold him a bill of goods that he was already ready to make the jump to the NBA.

• utahcoyote Saint George, UT
    Nov. 30, 2017 8:27 a.m.

its early days yet, but yoeli childs is the best all around player i have seen at byu. kid looks to be a hard working and talented player.

• amigo sandy, UT
    Nov. 30, 2017 7:32 a.m.

Can you imagine if the Cougars had Erik Mika and Yoeli Childs!? I bet Mika would like to have played with this team before he was blinded by agents and overseas dollar signs! It was only one more year and Mike blew it

• RockOn1224 Spanish Fork, UT