Rise and shout, BYU football fans! Basketball season is here

• CoHawk Littleton, CO
    Nov. 24, 2017 9:53 p.m.

Football is horrible! On to basketball....We decided that both Toolson's, Bartley, Nelson, Chatman, Calvert and now Beo weren't good enough to play at BYU after one season, but Worthington is not only good enough to play after 2 seasons, but now he is good enough to start! While Luke would be a worthy addition to our Offensive Line, he is not a D-1 basketball player and tells everyone just how out of touch Rose's recruiting has been the last 6 years. In fact, other than Mika, Rose hasn't recruited a solid big man who is any good in his tenure as coach! I suspect a 5th place finish in the WCC this year and it will be Rose's last at BYU.

• deductive reasoning Arlington, VA
    Nov. 23, 2017 12:01 p.m.

at long last. . .

"Having seen the BB team play a couple of games, were I a fan, I would try to keep the exuberance from becoming excessive. At least for a while. But then, playing big-time teams like UT-Arlington, maybe that exuberance would be justified . . ."

Here's a clue - UT-Arlington would have destroyed U.

Did you see how Utah was DESTROYED 85-58 by an unranked, mid-major program last night,

while UT-Arlington was losing a nail-biter to SEC leader #25 Alabama 77-76?

• HoboA1 Saratoga Springs, UT
    Nov. 22, 2017 9:12 p.m.

This article sounds like spin. Doug Robinson's article was the best I've read about BYU athletics in a long time. He hit the nail on the head. The report was an objective view of the status of the major revenue producing sports at the BYU. In other news; The basketball team will do what it has done for the last six years: Not a whole lot.

• Eastern CO Coug Elizabeth, CO
    Nov. 22, 2017 4:11 p.m.

I like this team much better than last year's team regardless of the ultimate outcome of the season. While I believe they will do just as well as last year, I like what I see in team play- unselfish play so far this season. Lots of passing to the open man, etc. Haws seems to be a much better team player this year. Less stupid passes- although there were a few last night. They flat out had a poor shooting night against UT-Arlington, and this team will likely lose some more games this week, but I like the outlook for this team as they gain confidence. Less one dimensional like last year- throw it in to Mika even when it wasn't working- for example the St. Mary's second game.

• at long last. . . Kirksville , MO
    Nov. 22, 2017 2:39 p.m.

Having seen the BB team play a couple of games, were I a fan, I would try to keep the exuberance from becoming excessive. At least for a while. But then, playing big-time teams like UT-Arlington, maybe that exuberance would be justified . . . Oh, that didn't turn out so well, did it?

• gsjpom Lawrence, KS
    Nov. 22, 2017 2:19 p.m.

SO BYU has finally hit the big time, like here at the University of Kansas - pining for basketball season while a less than successful football season grinds to a screeching halt.