Southern Utah receives No. 8 seed in FCS playoffs, will face winner of Weber State and Western Illinois in second round

• portlander Arlington, WA
    Nov. 20, 2017 10:28 a.m.

I was worried that the selection committee would snub both Weber as well as Northern Arizona, since they are not the usual elites to come out of the Big Sky, such as Montana and Montana State. So, congrats to the two best teams in Utah, SUU and Weber State! I'm pretty much a Weber fan, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see any team from the Big Sky to win it it all!

• AskJ West Lafayette, IN
    Nov. 20, 2017 9:29 a.m.

Go T-Birds!! True Big Sky Champ, and I hope they go far in the tournament.

• truthwillprevail Cedar City, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 9:20 p.m.

Weber deserves another shot at SUU.
    SUU deserves another shot to show they are the best team in Utah. Hopefully that will occur in Cedar City in 2 weeks. Go TBirds!!!

• Casey See Camarillo, CA
    Nov. 19, 2017 9:13 p.m.

If I remember the prognosticators at the begging of the season suggested that Weber would be 4 or 5 in the Big Sky and SUU would be 6 or 7.

Go T-Birds

• Frankenberry Saint George, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 8:53 p.m.

I have diplomas from both of these schools and I'm excited to see them both in the playoffs. Being in the same bracket isn't too cool but here we are. Good luck to both teams.

• Aggies#1 MURRAY, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 5:07 p.m.

The three best teams in Utah:
    Aggies
    T-Birds
    Wildcats

• CJHR Springville, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 2:59 p.m.

@EPoint
    And a team who lost to SUU. Weber is co-Champ in title only, SUU is the true conference champ based on head to head outcome.

• EPoint Roy, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 2:38 p.m.

Weber State Wildcats are closer to Salt Lake City than SUU, in case Deseret News Sports folks don't know that. I would think you would highlight the Wildcats who tied SUU for their Conference Championship, and defeated the only conference team to beat SUU. Go Wildcats!!

• majmajor Layton, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 1:27 p.m.

Terrible seeding! The 1st and 2nd seeds within a conference should never be on the same side of the bracket, and shouldn't meet so early. Wish both teams well, but GO WILDCATS!

The seeding committee really homered this one.

• CHulet CEDAR CITY, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 9:54 a.m.

Best football being played in Utah? SUU/Weber! I think so.