Mormon missionary dies in Samoa

• JMPR Murfreesboro, TN
    Nov. 20, 2017 4:36 p.m.

How Special,
    How much Heavenly Father must need Elder Patiole,
    To call him through the Veil at this time,
    To serve his mission to him there.
    Who better to take care of our son's, than their "Father" in Heaven.

• Southernmiss kaysville, UT
    Nov. 20, 2017 1:31 p.m.

My thoughts, love and prayers are with his family.

• Straydog Layton, UT
    Nov. 20, 2017 9:49 a.m.

Thank you QueenJenna for posting these insightful words of Elder Patiole. I have not been smiling enough lately myself and I appreciate his testimony that it is "The Plan of HAPPINESS".

It strikes me that Elder Patiole is serving even after his passing!

• msmith9596 Lake Forest, CA
    Nov. 20, 2017 8:14 a.m.

May the Lord bless this wonderful young Saint.

• BleedCougarBlue Enid, OK
    Nov. 20, 2017 7:30 a.m.

Indeed, where would ANY of us be without the wondrous Plan of Happiness?

God bless this elder and his wonderful family and friends he has temporarily left behind.

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 20, 2017 6:57 a.m.

What a tough call for parents to get. Can't even imagine. Hopefully peace comes to them over such a tragic loss.

• Twin Lights Louisville, KY
    Nov. 19, 2017 3:40 p.m.

I pray his family will have peace and feel the love of the Lord.

• Rabici Vuikadavu Fiji, 00
    Nov. 19, 2017 1:01 p.m.

Condolences to the Family. Thanks for Elder Patiole, he is now continuing his Mission on the other side of The Veil.

• Andrew.Faalelei Australia, 00
    Nov. 19, 2017 12:57 p.m.

He was supernal. Just wonderful to be around. He truly did radiate happiness. His smile bright and very genuine.
    Earth has lost a very passionate and kind young man. A good young man.
    He was a fierce lion in the house of Israel.
    Thus scripture could be said of him.
    "17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto [Aaron Patiole], behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." -
    Alma 48:17
    It wouldn't be fit to say "rest in peace" but work in peace.
    Alofa atu uso

• JSB Sugar City, ID
    Nov. 19, 2017 12:11 p.m.

@ QueenJenna

Thanks for your kind thought. What a blessing Elder Patiole has been to so many other people.

• QueenJenna Lehi, UT
    Nov. 19, 2017 9:09 a.m.

This young man served with a friend of mine a few months ago. Here is something he wrote: "I learned a thing or two from my companion, Elder Patiole, this week. So, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Elder Patiole is smiling. I always thought that was great and all but it wasn't until this week that I understood why. So up until this point my previous companions and I have visited many people with no luck or success. Many of the people just went into the books as "not interested." But this week when we visited them they smiled and accepted our message. At first, I didn't understand because nothing was different in our teaching yet they accepted with a smile. I came to learn this smile was just a reflection of my companion’s big smile. After the lesson was over I talked to my companion about what just happened and he gave me these great words of wisdom. "Elder Richards, it is called the plan of HAPPINESS." I am so grateful for each of my companions and all they teach me. This week I learned to put the "happy" in happiness." My heart breaks for the loss of such a valiant servant of God. My prayers go out to his family and to the missionaries and members who love him in Samoa.