Home cooking: Toast might be Bronco Mendenhall's secret to success in Virginia

• Kenngo1969 Pleasant Grove, UT
    Nov. 17, 2017 8:43 p.m.

65TossPowerTrap:

Yep. Hank Stram was quite the guy. Bronco Mendenhall is no Hank Stram, but, then again, can't argue with the success Coach Mendenhall had here at BYU or the success he's having this year at Virginia. As a coach, Coach Stram was a little before my time, but I remember his radio broadcasts of NFL games with Jack Buck.

Regards,

-Ken

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Nov. 15, 2017 4:24 p.m.

"You're a Chiefs fan from way back, I take it?"

Good job. Not necessarily a Chiefs fan, but that was pretty cool Super Bowl. I loved Hank Stram.

• Kenngo1969 Pleasant Grove, UT
    Nov. 15, 2017 6:54 a.m.

Hmm. I'm trying to imagine how the logistics work here. (Perhaps I simply didn't grow up in a large enough family.) Either: (1) Not very many people on (or involved) with the team eat toast; or (2) There's a heck of a long line of people queueing up behind the toaster. Even with, say, an eight-slicer, the people toward the end of that line still have an awfully long wait in store for them. But, hey, whatever works: Can't argue with results (though a correlation is not a cause). Then again, put two or three eight-slicers in service, and I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

Re: 65TossPowerTrap (You're a Chiefs fan from way back, I take it?) - Oh, I dunno. I can think of
    a few. Say, "The [insert-my-team's-name-here] are gonna make toast of the opposition." Or, "The [insert-my-team's-name-here] are the toast of the town." Or, "Let's drink a toast to the [insert-my-team's-name-here]." ;-D

• JJ443 Kaneohe, HI
    Nov. 14, 2017 9:23 p.m.

Burnt toast once Miami is done with them

• BleedCougarBlue Enid, OK
    Nov. 14, 2017 6:03 p.m.

Strange? Who cares? Bronco is winning games.

Go Cougars!

• GeePost slc, UT
    Nov. 14, 2017 5:18 p.m.

Bronco is so awesome. I love some people that are just a little bit different, do things their own way, don't worry some much about how others see them, and then can have success. Mike Leach is a lot like this and I really like him too.

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Nov. 14, 2017 4:50 p.m.

Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I would want my team's name and the word "toast" used in the same sentence.