13 political cartoons on gun control, Russia and more

• silo Sandy, UT
    Nov. 13, 2017 2:59 p.m.

@aging psychologist
    "I'm constantly amazed at the left wing anti-Trump cartoons you have in your political collections. "

This 'collection' of cartoons is from a variety of different newspapers across the country, and has nothing to do with the Dnews other than the fact they reprinted them.

In addition, if you think the 'collection' is anti-trump, you need to look through them again.

• rexwhitmer ELFRIDA, AZ
    Nov. 11, 2017 5:26 p.m.

I'll join a couple of your writers above. I was perhaps six years old when I first shot a gun. In my younger years I loved to hunt. I've had a weapon in my home most of my life! I've never pointed a gun at another human being! Fortunately, I've never had to use a weapon to protect either myself or others, but I don't think I would hesitate if it were needed. I admit that there are a lot of people today whom obtain weapons whom have no idea of the sacredness of human life, and would care less if they did have it. I believe that much of our problem on this matter comes from a lack of respect for other human beings. This lack comes from both parental and governmental laziness and a terrible lack of morality. Schools are being told NOT to teach religious perspectives, but morality mainly comes from religion. Liberals cringe at the idea of religion, but scream the loudest it's lack!

• kreese Ivins, UT
    Nov. 11, 2017 2:51 p.m.

@wide awake

Are you sure you were wide awake during the last administration?

I'm repeating myself. Did the anti-Trumpers really want Hillary?

• wide_awake Montpelier, ID
    Nov. 11, 2017 10:46 a.m.

@Aging Psychologist:

"...need s to be saved from the anti-Christ Marxist that were taking us over in the last regime."

So you're referring to President Obama and his supporters as "anti-Christ Marxists"? Sorry to say, I think that's just kooky, and I suspect that your view stems from a bad media diet. Aside from DN, from which other sources do you get your information? Alex Jones' Info Wars? Has he EVER retracted a story he reported?

No media outlet always gets every story perfectly correct, but those that have at least a shred of credibility publish retractions from time to time. Do any media sources that you follow do so?

• Tumbleweed Centerville, UT
    Nov. 11, 2017 9:59 a.m.

The answer is staring us in the face. Just like the good Samaritan used a gun to shoot the killer, more citizens need to be armed and ready at all times. It is what Israel did. They armed their teachers because of mass shootings in their schools and the mass shootings stopped. We need to take on our responsibility as citizens and be part of the solution. Evil has always existed and always will. It will always find a way. We must be prepared, at a moment's notice, to stop evil. Check out YouTube and you will see dozens, if not over a hundred surveillance videos of citizens using firearms for self-defense. Even young kids have used AR-15s in defense against multiple home invaders. American citizens, be prepared to fight back. Be part of the solution, not unarmed fish in a barrel! We need to reject the idea that weapon-free zones make us safer. Reject any candidates who don't get it! Elect law makers who do. We have 20,000 gun laws on the books that have made Americans helpless victims. We should REPEAL most of them!!!! This is the obvious solution as much as leftists will wail and gnash their teeth at the idea. But it IS the solution.

• Aging Psychologist Durango, CO
    Nov. 11, 2017 8:07 a.m.

I'm constantly amazed at the left wing anti-Trump cartoons you have in your political collections. I say, shame on traditionally conservative Utah. This is the "choice land over all other lands" and need s to be saved from the anti-Christ Marxist that were taking us over in the last regime.