Utes vs. Bronco and Virginia in Sun Bowl? Utah's bowl possibilities are numerous

• rslutefan Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 11, 2017 10:18 a.m.

Personally I hope they CAN win one last game and then it's just a 25 minute drive, I can sleep in my own bed, and I'll only have to spend $50 bucks or so to see them in the Cactus bowl.... not sure they are worth more time, money and effort than that this season.

• wyoming cougar Green River, WY
    Nov. 10, 2017 2:54 p.m.

John-

Some reading comprehension goes a long way- the article was also about Bronco and Virginia's bowl possibility- which I am still very much interested in.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 10, 2017 6:14 a.m.

"I don't read articles solely about the Utes at all"

wyocoog:

Yet here you are, reading and commenting on an article solely about Utah's bowl possibilities.

Another do as I say not what I do coog.

• wyoming cougar Green River, WY
    Nov. 9, 2017 4:50 p.m.

Spokane ute:

Still a Bronco fan, nothing to do with Utah- I don't read articles solely about the Utes at all, but I've seen your name many times on BYU comment boards-

• Uteology East Salt Lake City, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2017 10:56 p.m.

@Jello is Good - ,

But you should read the posts of your fellow Uties. (Chris withstanding.) I have to give it to them. They are mostly very realistic that their chances are not that great for getting a win in the last three games.

-------------

Utah's chances per ESPN:

vs Washington 46%
    at Washington 5%
    vs Colorado 62%

Utah will finish 6-6 and if we play like we did in the 2nd half last game then 7-5.... 8-5 after bowl game.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Nov. 8, 2017 7:37 p.m.

@wyoming cougar

Yet here you are, a cougar fan, calling others out for the same thing you were doing on this Utah article. Good grief!

• wyoming cougar Green River, WY
    Nov. 8, 2017 6:11 p.m.

Stringer Bell - Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:41 a.m.
    front ranger: “Colorado fans couldn't care less about U, which is why you never see Colorado fans posting on this blog.”

"Why would a Colorado fan search out an article about Bowl projections for the University of Utah, and then post a comment?"

You mean like Utah fans (most obsessive fan base) do on every BYU article that doesn't concern them?

• Jello is Good ,
    Nov. 8, 2017 3:35 p.m.

@Who am I sir? - Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 12:30 p.m.
    @Jello

"Live your life dude." - So telling.

"As to others, don't tell them how to think." Irony of Ironies. But it is ok if I tell them what they should eat, drink, wear, look like, believe, and how to behave as long as it is in accordance with what I believe in?"
    ____________________

Actually you are free to eat, drink, wear, look like, believe, and behave however you want. It's called agency. If you don't like the rules at BYU, don't go there. And for any BYU fans that come on here and tell you they are somehow superior because they attend BYU and it's honor code, they are wrong. We are talking about sports. Why are you bringing in other topics?

So really, no irony at all. Maybe this is part of the problem, WAI. You have attributed the teachings of a whole religion based on a few statements and actions by some of its members. I guess everybody at Utah is just like Chris?

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 3:10 p.m.

"Live your life dude. . . . As to others, don't tell them how to think."

Who am I sir?:

Yeah, leave that to jello-rash, who obsessively corrects everybody else.

• Christine B. Hedgefog Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 1:05 p.m.

Spoons - lake tahoe, NV
    Nov. 8, 2017 7:01 a.m.
    ...I don't want to see them play Boise State however. We have seen that show before.

Yes, and been spanked by that show every time you've ever seen it.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 12:30 p.m.

@Jello

"Live your life dude." - So telling.

• Jello is Good ,
    Nov. 8, 2017 12:06 p.m.

@ Ding-a-Ling

Stringer Bell - Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:49 a.m.

Jello: “If you don't think BYU is Utah's rival, then they aren't to you. As to others, don't tell them how to think.”

"His point was was the game against BYU-P means nothing, whereas the game against conference rival Colorado does. Good for you if you wish to try and keep it alive."

Was it? How do you know? Did you ask for clarification? If not, it is your interpretation of what he meant. Once again somebody telling me how to think.

He said: "Unlike the BYU game which has also been by a touchdown or less in each of the last 6 games with only one exception, the games against conference rival, Colorado, truly means so much. Since joining the PAC-12 conference this game has decided which bowls Utah is eligible for or even if Utah is eligible to go to a bowl. This year will be no exception. That is what makes up a rivalry!"

He was defining what to him made up a rivalry. Good for him. I think differently as do most. I don't have to try to keep this going. You and the majority of people out there do by their statements and actions every day.

• Hank Pym Draper, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:49 a.m.

Bowl games before Xmas are mediocre at best.

The Sun Bowl vs UVa is the most appealing for this Utah alum

• Stringer Bell Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:49 a.m.

Utah beat BYU-P and dropped in the polls. Wisconsin fans are now complaining that the out of conference win over hapless BYU-P could keep them out of the playoffs. Overall, the “rival” thing with BYU-P is sinking fast and becoming more and more irrelevant. Good for you if you wish to try and keep it alive.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:42 a.m.

Jello Guy
    ----------
    Considering they are a 1 point under dog this week; and will probably be the favorite at home against Colorado; I would say there chances are better than average; at least statistically. We shall see.

Take Care and Peace!

• Stringer Bell Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:41 a.m.

Why would a Colorado fan search out an article about Bowl projections for the University of Utah, and then post a comment? How’s that “new sheriff”-thing working out for you?

• Jello is Good ,
    Nov. 8, 2017 11:00 a.m.

@Spokey-Dokey

"Wow, you seem awfully testy. There's only one team that will be home for the holiday's regardless of what happens from here on out and we both know who that is."

Not testy at all. typing with a smile on my face and mirth in my heart.

Records don't count until the season is over. Teasing more than anything else.

I personally think it goes against the odds to lose three in a row, but both of our teams have had losing streaks of at least 3 games and against lesser competition than you are about to face.

I would love to see you get that 6th win and face either Utah State or Virginia in a bowl game. A coach and a team Utah has tried to avoid. I would be entertained and watch. Heaven knows I won't be watching my team in the post season this year.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA

Newest
    Most recommended

Jello is Good - ,
    Nov. 8, 2017 9:11 a.m.

@TouchdownUtes - Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:26 a.m.

"I predict the Utes going to a bowl game.....them and Utah State.....And BYU.....oh wait....."

Yep, that's right. All three will be home for the holidays.
    --------
    Wow, you seem awfully testy. There's only one team that will be home for the holliday's regardless of what happens from here on out and we both know who that is.

• Jello is Good ,
    Nov. 8, 2017 9:11 a.m.

@TouchdownUtes - Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:26 a.m.

Yep, that's right. All three will be home for the holidays.

• Jello is Good ,
    Nov. 8, 2017 9:09 a.m.

@Who am I sir? - Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2017 10:35 p.m.

"The path to 6 wins is a tough one! Washington and Washington State are both top 20 teams! And as the article said about Colorado, "rival Colorado, which has always been a tough opponent during six years of Pac-12 play (every game decided by a touchdown or less" Unlike the BYU game which has also been by a touchdown or less in each of the last 6 games with only one exception, the games against conference rival, Colorado, truly means so much. Since joining the PAC-12 conference this game has decided which bowls Utah is eligible for or even if Utah is eligible to go to a bowl. This year will be no exception. That is what makes up a rivalry!"

Who are you trying to convince? Live your life dude. If you don't think BYU is Utah's rival, then they aren't to you. As to others, don't tell them how to think.

• GoRed Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:57 a.m.

Nice try, "front ranger from Colorado". You sound suspiciously like a disgruntled BYU fan. Cheer up, the season is almost (mercifully) over for you guys.

• Pacer Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:58 a.m.

I don't expect Utah to beat either of the Washington schools so it will come down to the Colorado game for bowl eligibility and that hasn't been an easy game since the Utes joined the Pac-12. Personally I think Utah State would be intriguing as a bowl opponent, but I'm one of the few that wishes we kept the rivalry going and played them more often.

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:38 a.m.

That would be fun to face Bronco again. Gotta get that 6th win first, though.

• TouchdownUtes Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:26 a.m.

• Thomas Jefferson Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:09 a.m.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves assuming any bowl. Lets get that win first.

• front ranger Loveland, CO
    Nov. 8, 2017 8:01 a.m.

Who am I sir?

You're only fooling yourself.

Unlike the BYU and Utah fans from all over the country who post on this blog,

Colorado fans couldn't care less about U,

which is why you never see Colorado fans posting on this blog.

To them, Utah is just another conference game, no more important than Arizona or Oregon State.

• Spokane Ute Spokane, WA
    Nov. 8, 2017 7:31 a.m.

I think Utah finishes 7-5; but like others are saying, one game at a time.

@Naval Vet

Totally, Totally agree. All things considered; playing Texas would Rock!

• Spoons lake tahoe, NV
    Nov. 8, 2017 7:01 a.m.

I agree with the posters. Six wins he's going to be difficult and it's disappointing with how weak the pac 12 is this year. When Utah was 8-4 I felt the Las Vegas Bowl was beneath them, however at 6-6 they would belong. I don't want to see them play Boise State however. We have seen that show before. Maybe a nonaffiliated bowl would be something unique. Sun Bowl in my opinion is the best case scenario.

• Mountainman38 Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 7, 2017 10:57 p.m.

Washington State, UW and the Buffs are all tough nuts defensively, and both Wazzu and UW have NFL QB's and monster OL's. Either of UW' RB's are poison to a defense, and if Pettis ever gets his hands on a punt (like last season), it turns into track meet. The Utes will need their best game to win any of these three games. The big plus is that two of the three games are in that friendly stadium on the hill.

• Hailstorm is a coming Riverdale, UT
    Nov. 7, 2017 10:46 p.m.

First win one more game. This game and only this game matters.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Who am I sir? Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2017 10:35 p.m.

• Naval Vet Philadelphia, PA
    Nov. 7, 2017 10:32 p.m.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Utes playing Texas or Virginia in a bowl game!

GO UTES!!!