Apple's original content won't have sex or nudity, reports say

• Chris from Rose Park Hartford, CT
    Oct. 30, 2017 11:18 p.m.

I may just find myself supporting Apple for a change. I can't applaud this enough.

I however did not like the comments from the Recode article. In reference to not having sexual content, the author wrote, “It doesn’t make sense to make bold bets.” I don't like this line of thinking. I've heard many times that sex, nudity, and vulgar language are bold, progressive, etc. People with this perspective just don't get people like me. I find that content shallow and degrading. It's as if the author of that article thinks the only reason to not have that content is because you are not bold enough to have it and you don't want to take the risks. Perhaps Apple didn't want it because they have certain values they want to uphold.

With that said, perhaps I don't fully understand people with the opposite mindset ...

• Back Talk Federal Way, WA
    Oct. 30, 2017 10:58 p.m.

Great idea but I still would like to see companys like Vid Angel to have the right to "filter" other movies to remove the filth that Hollywood wants to force down the publics throat.

Maybe the news about how bad many movie producers are can encourage lawmakers to make it legal for people to screen out the bad things that producers put in there.

• Brent T. Aurora CO Aurora, CO
    Oct. 30, 2017 9:35 p.m.

Sure, this is a good thing. Kudos for this policy.

However, maybe thinking about it a little clearer, maybe violence in movies, television, gaming and literature is a bigger problem than sex, nudity and foul language.

• Chancey Sandy, UT
    Oct. 30, 2017 8:27 p.m.

To the ease and assortment of their apps, to the sameness of operations over all platforms, to iTunes, to security, to the ease of Apple TV, now this. I applaud Apple for the respect they show their customers. I've been won over from the dark side, year by year, byte by byte.

• ClearPlay Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 30, 2017 5:59 p.m.

Applause for Apple!!!

• delasalle Sandy, UT
    Oct. 30, 2017 5:46 p.m.

Congrats to Apple. They also have strict policies on their app store for inappropriate content, although it seems a lot of stuff seems to get by these days.

• Tuffy Parker Salem, UT
    Oct. 30, 2017 12:17 p.m.

Have not historically been a huge Apple fan but this will certainly cause to me reconsider.

It's about time someone in the mainstream demonstrates some willingness to walk away from crass, profane and immoral content that has become so prevalent. I sincerely hope they call pull it off.

• bassoonlady OREM, UT
    Oct. 26, 2017 1:20 p.m.

Wonderful news! I will be supporting them!