As BYU coaches take inventory of struggling offense, confident Aleva Hifo's stock rising

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Oct. 26, 2017 5:27 p.m.

What Deemer is saying about being more aggressive by throwing on 1st down and taking chances on 3rd down are what he should have been doing right from the start. That is what has been so frustrating, they haven't been trying the things that could make a difference. Things that the cougs of the 70's, 80's & 90's did all the time and the things that helped them succeed.
    I can't believe he is being forced to take this action, how long does it take for him to realize that what he has been doing for over a year and a half are not cutting it. Ty has a lot to prove to me , I'll give him more time but I want to see him be aggressive and creative.
    I don't agree with those who say we don't have the talent, I think we have at least as good if not much better athletes than we've had in the past, it's a combo of inexperience, and poor coaching, resulting in poor execution.

• BlueHusky Mission Viejo, CA
    Oct. 26, 2017 4:45 p.m.

I love the expertise of my fellow commentators. BYU coaches should start doing what these guys say. In fact, maybe we should have a comment-board coordinator on the sidelines to keep the coaches honest. We could rotate the commentator based on the best comment of the week. Clearly the coaches aren't doing their jobs. Heck, I should probably be advising Detmer on attitude and scheme. Clearly, he doesn't know anything about soccer. Oh, wait ....

As for 35 injuries, it is strange that my fellow commentators haven't recommended some decent doctors. Obviously the team docs don't know what they're doing, either. Tell Kurt Kimball my eye is on him.

• BYUToday OLATHE, KS
    Oct. 26, 2017 4:10 p.m.

Hoping to see a different attitude in the team lead by some aggressive play calls!

• CV Storm Hyrum, UT
    Oct. 26, 2017 4:06 p.m.

Well the Cougies will be playing what is actually the worst team in college football. ECU was supposed to be bad, but the Spartans are worse. If the Cougs can't find their offense against SJS they will never have one. Both the Ags and the Utes steamrolled them, so BYU should be able to do the same thing. If the Cougs lose, they will be #1 on the Bottom 10 list guaranteed. It is already billed as Pillow Fight of the week #1.

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Oct. 26, 2017 11:45 a.m.

Fear not, it's all the player's fault. If they can replace bad players with good ones, their woes will be over.

Please don't put any blame on the coaching staff. This isn't their fault.

• Herbert Gravy Salinas, CA
    Oct. 26, 2017 3:06 a.m.

Wonder if El Bakri will be given significant playing time.

I believe he has shown he can block, run with the ball, and catch it out of the backfield.

😁

• opinion 47 SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Oct. 25, 2017 9:01 p.m.

Hifo botched the first pass of last years game v Utah for a pick 6, then dropped a critical pass with less than 2 min left in the game v Utah this year. Coaches sent him to the bench for 3 weeks after that game and now his stock is rising ? Because he played well against E Carolina ? Media really reaching here ...