10 of the best and worst types of Halloween candy, according to candystore.com

• hankel Butte, MT
    Oct. 31, 2017 10:35 p.m.

@Not-in-Utah-anymore - , CA
    -"but Bit-O-Honey is another fondly-remembered but not-since-enjoyed treat from my youth. I suspect some of those candies end up on the "worst" list because eating them feels like they're trying to pull the fillings out of your teeth."

Yep. I actually pulled a crown off of my tooth while eating a Bit-O-Honey. That was the last time I will ever eat one of those!

• Z South Jordan, UT
    Oct. 31, 2017 1:17 p.m.

OK, Double dip on Licorice and Good & Plenty on the Bad Candy list, since Good & Plenty is just candy-coated black Licorice.

And Candy Corn is a Love it or Hate it candy. Seems there aren't that many of us in the Love it group anymore, but hey, I like Circus Peanuts too, so there must be something wrong with me :)

• Johnny Triumph Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 31, 2017 10:44 a.m.

It's fantastic that my kids don't like licorice...more for me!

• bikeboy Boise, ID
    Oct. 31, 2017 10:02 a.m.

Mom must not've loved me! She gave me salted-in-the-shell peanuts, instead of Skittles!
    :-O

• Not-in-Utah-anymore , CA
    Oct. 31, 2017 9:38 a.m.

A few months ago I got a (nostalgic) craving for circus peanuts. Just one is more than enough, however, to remind me why I haven't eaten them since I was a kid.

Never heard of Mary Janes, but Bit-O-Honey is another fondly-remembered but not-since-enjoyed treat from my youth. I suspect some of those candies end up on the "worst" list because eating them feels like they're trying to pull the fillings out of your teeth.

• UtahMaus Orem, UT
    Oct. 31, 2017 8:16 a.m.

The article at candystore has a picture of the nasty orange colored (but banana flavored) marshmallow candy called "circus peanuts." Why did the Desert News article choose a picture of real peanuts instead?

• saltlakeman Roy, UT
    Oct. 31, 2017 7:07 a.m.

Obviously the writer has no idea what circus peanuts are.

• bass679 Novi, MI
    Oct. 30, 2017 1:15 p.m.

@toosmartforyou
    I must agree. Maybe they don't have to be in the best list but is anybody sad about tootsie Rolls in their bag? I certainly wasn't as a kid.

Also, I would have put candy corn as the worst. It's... it's just awful.

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    Oct. 28, 2017 8:52 a.m.

Interesting that only one of the bad choices has chocolate in it, yet about 7 or 8 of the best ones do. Chocolate is divine.

And I disagree with Tootsie Rolls not being on the good list.

• HSTucker Holladay, UT
    Oct. 27, 2017 3:48 p.m.

The circus peanuts depicted in the article are the most realistic marshmallow candies I have ever seen. If I didn't know better, I would swear that they were actual peanuts.