Trash-talking, shot-making Joe Ingles leads Jazz to big win over Thunder

• DNdep West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 23, 2017 12:31 p.m.

Thank you for the correction regarding Adams being from NZ. When I first read the DN story, it gave me the impression that the writer was implying Ingles was from NZ, even though I knew he's an Aussie.

• TerryHaimes Sturgis, MS
    Oct. 22, 2017 8:23 p.m.

It is my understanding that Adams is a Kiwi. I know personally that athletic speaking there is a big big rivalry between Australia and New Zealand.

This team is developing a personalty and identity very early. I had hoped to see this. Ingles, Gobert and Rubio are the keys. I think this will lead Favors, Hood, Burks and Johnson to join in, plus cause them to make a greater effort along with the rest of the team. Go Jazz.

• Wiley Old School RIC, VA
    Oct. 22, 2017 2:16 p.m.

@DNDep

OKC's Adams is from New Zealand and is the "Big Kiwi" that committed the technical foul. (Adams' reaction was possibly due to Joe's aggressive and awesome play!)

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Oct. 22, 2017 11:57 a.m.

OKC has a lot of talent, but it seems largely wasted. They put three All Stars on the floor at the same time who patiently wait their turn for an Isolation play. Right now they looks like the world's most expensive pick-up team.

I like Utah's "defense first" approach, and Joe Ingles' running commentary is certainly part of that. Utah always plays with more confidence on offense after a good defensive stand. I think this team is going to be better than all the pundit's predictions.

• DNdep West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 22, 2017 11:39 a.m.

The term "Kiwi" usually refers to someone from New Zealand. Most Aussies don't care to be referred to this way.

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    Oct. 22, 2017 7:15 a.m.

Still early but thats why we play the games. Good to learn how early in the season. As has been said " it is easier to go to the dentist than play the Jazz.."

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Oct. 22, 2017 12:46 a.m.

"Rookie forward Royce O'Neale made his NBA debut. He didn't register a stat in the final 44 seconds but committed one foul."

Actually, Royce O'Neale did get a stat. He got the final defensive rebound of the game.

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Oct. 21, 2017 11:35 p.m.

Joe Ingle's ability to get under an opponent's skin is why I have given him the moniker of:

"Irritator-in-Chief"