Utah Jazz fans, NBA community react to Gordon Hayward injury (Warning: graphic content)

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Oct. 18, 2017 1:26 p.m.

@Xert

Thanks for posting a great comment; especially, your last two sentences.

Basketball is after all just a game. Hayward's career-threatening injury is far more important than who won or lost last night's game.

Get well soon Gordon.

• Hugh G. Hayter Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 18, 2017 12:33 p.m.

Karma.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 18, 2017 9:42 a.m.

Utah is cheering for you Gordo! You're a good guy and no one should have to go through this. Come back stronger!

• burningblue Provo, UT
    Oct. 18, 2017 9:36 a.m.

At least Dante's injury wasn't this bad...I feel bad for the guy. He's going to be out a long time.

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Oct. 18, 2017 8:39 a.m.

I don't want to look at it and I want to envision Gordon coming back from this. It can be done. We are not living in the Joe Theisman days of rehab and recovery and Gordon is one of the most strong minded individuals in sports. He will come back from this and I will be pulling for him along the way. Folks, if you meet one person who finds joy in this--take the time to let them know that this is a moment that they can use to be less like the hateful nation that we are being divided into. Good luck Gordon! Heal up completely and quickly!

• Bluto Sandy, UT
    Oct. 18, 2017 8:20 a.m.

My family and I were literally brought to tears as you lay on the ground with your leg facing north and your foot facing west.

Godspeed Gordon.

We are praying for you, and we hope this is not a career ending injury.
    Hopefully your ankle was just dislocated and not shattered.

Utah fans were oh so jilted when you chose the Iconic Celtic Jersey over the Wannabee Jazz.
    (Who can blame you?)

As for me and my house, I am now your biggest fan and wish you only good health and success.

• West Jordanians of Utah WEST JORDAN, UT
    Oct. 18, 2017 8:10 a.m.

Such a sad incident. I was planning to follow Boston as my 2nd favorite NBA team mainly because of Hayward. He’s such a classy player and my favorite athlete. Shame on any Jazz fan that says that’s what he gets for leaving us. Gordon Hayward is the last person that deserves that kind of talk. Praying for a full recovery!

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Oct. 18, 2017 7:47 a.m.

@Lia

I also thought about Joe Theismann's injury. Very difficult to watch. Strange that something this severe could happen in basketball. Hopefully Gordon will be back next year, but I don't see him being able to come back this season. Sorry to see this happen.

• TripleB1111 Milford, NH
    Oct. 18, 2017 7:09 a.m.

What a terrible injury! I feel really bad for Hayward and wish him a quick recovery. I doubt he will be back this year. Bad luck for the Celtics.

• Tomahawk Red Miami Beach, FL
    Oct. 18, 2017 6:31 a.m.

Get well soon Gordon!

From a Gordon Hayward fan since 2010.

• scalman Temecula, CA
    Oct. 18, 2017 6:04 a.m.

I feel for you, Gordon. I've seen you do similar plays many, many times. Get well. Next year will come soon enough.

• Lia Sandy, UT
    Oct. 18, 2017 5:41 a.m.

Harder to watch than Joe Theismann's injury.
    Hope there's no permanent damage.

• PacificCreek Puyallup, WA
    Oct. 18, 2017 5:20 a.m.

Sorry to see this happen to what seems to be a solid guy and a budding superstar. Hopefully he can come back from this completely.

• Utah Girl Chronicles Eagle Mountain, UT
    Oct. 17, 2017 10:51 p.m.

Gordon seems like a good guy. So sorry this happened to him.

• cattle IDAHO FALLS, ID
    Oct. 17, 2017 10:34 p.m.

Gordon thanks for all the years of of enjoyment watching you. You and your family are in our prayers .

• VeraLouise Sandy, UT
    Oct. 17, 2017 9:23 p.m.

Oh bummer! Oh (big swear words)! I wouldn't wish this on anybody in the NBA, and NOT for Hayward, no matter how angry I was for his departure. Hope for his full recovery and return to a successful career, which he truly does deserve. So sad for this bad turn of events for him. Bummer!!!

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    Oct. 17, 2017 9:13 p.m.

On another site some people were blaming James and Crowder. Not so. It was just a play that went wrong. Another blamed the training staff. ???? Don't think they had anything to do with it. No one likes to see anyone hurt. But like with Exum injury happens. Good luck to him on a recovery.

• Doug10 Roosevelt, UT
    Oct. 17, 2017 9:03 p.m.

So sorry Gordon, all the preparation and training and hard work and for that to happen is a let down. Sorry to hear that happen to you.

Probably some of the water you drank while in Utah, where the injury bug is alive and well, still