BYU's offensive woes continue in 35-10 loss to Mississippi State

• worf McAllen, TX
    Oct. 15, 2017 3:02 p.m.

Good coaching is not there. Offensive line is weak.

Squally Canada is a four star recruit, and is being wasted, and so is Ula & Riley Burt.

• schokuspokus Orem, Utah
    Oct. 15, 2017 9:02 a.m.

Please fire everyone!

• wahului Stockton, CA
    Oct. 15, 2017 2:48 a.m.

Don't have any insight as to why, but BYU's player attitude/enthusiasm/consistent effort this year just plain sucks!! Both lines getting rolled...running backs tiptoeing up to the line, looking for openings..."pardon me, can I get through here please?..."...apparently the ball is heavier this year and hard to catch or hold on to...oh, and the opposing ball carrier has to be wrapped up with both arms and thrown or knocked down; bumping him as he runs by doesn't count. One last thing for offensive tackles; when a pass play is called, that usually doesn't mean a pass to you. Now you know.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Oct. 14, 2017 5:12 p.m.

It was easy for MSU to make adjustments to the short dink and screen passes as BYU showed little imagination in their offensive game plan. And based on the offensive play calling, it seems BYU Offensive Coordinator threw in the towel early the 2nd half.

Detmer’s game plan was clearly to take pressure off Mangum so he wouldn’t have to throw downfield. My issue with that is if your QB can’t handle the heat put someone in there who can. Don’t call really stupid plays just to keep your QB from having to make a play. I don’t know, maybe Hoge is still not healthy and Tanner is all they have...

As a fan and booster I have been very patient with Detmer since the beginning of last year. But after 6 consecutive losses with the worst performing offense I have EVER seen from a BYU team, my patience has run out. He is in way over his head as an OC, and I suspect he’ll submit his resignation at the end of the season. If not, Sitake will have to make the tough decision.
    The DC isn’t much better and he should be in fear of his job as well.

• CameToPass Everett, WA
    Oct. 14, 2017 4:56 p.m.

Conservative should fit BYU in life but not in football. I predicted the score to be 35-13 today. Gave the offense too much credit. Fortunately, missed watching the game in favor of a dahlia class with my better half. 😀

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Oct. 14, 2017 4:52 p.m.

On the bright side, Bronco and the Virginia Cavaliers are now 5-1 on the season. Maybe if BYU beats everyone left on the schedule the two can meet in a Bowl Game! Wouldn't that be fun?