BYU could use more like Fred Warner in this season of futility

• kaysvillecougar KAYSVILLE, UT
    Oct. 16, 2017 11:24 a.m.

We could actually use a little Troy Warner. I've been surprised at how much he gets picked on. I thought he had a horrible game against Miss St., mostly because of his poor effort.

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Oct. 15, 2017 4:57 p.m.

I still think BYU is the best 1-6 team in the country!

• BlueHusky Mission Viejo, CA
    Oct. 14, 2017 11:52 p.m.

Virginia just beat North Carolina 20 to 14. They are 5-1 this season. Of course their schedule consists of: William and Mary, Loss to Indiana, Wins over UConn, Boise State, Duke, North Carolina. Yet to play Boston College, Pit, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami and Virginia Tech.

Only Miami and VT are ranked.

Way to go Bronco. Nice easy schedule. No wonder you got out of BYU.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Oct. 14, 2017 8:31 p.m.

Don’t despair, help is on the way. BYU plays East Carolina next. They are also 1-6 and just lost 63-21 to UCF. Let the historic turnaround begin! 🌞

• estreetshuffle Window Rock, AZ
    Oct. 14, 2017 6:36 p.m.

To Chris B. You know nothing until you put on a helmet and pads and play down there on the field. Something I doubt you will be able to do.

• BYU Joe MISSION VIEJO, CA
    Oct. 14, 2017 5:22 p.m.

I have had more fun in other seasons. In fact every other season. Except the ones where Bronco was the coach. Bronco was a stick in the mud.

Okay I had more fun when Max and John were QB. I was just trying to keep it positive in the face of overwhelming darkness. You know where no light shines in and all seems bad.

But hey I can get a Coke and a Smile at the Cougareat so things are looking up.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 14, 2017 4:33 p.m.

Not hard to see why big time recruits, even though previously commuted to byu are now looking to better programs

Warner is finishing his entire career with 0 wins against his big brother rival, 0 wins against end of season ranked teams, 0 weeks ranked in playoff rankings, and 0 times ranked at end of season.

His NFL career may still be alive, which is compliment to him because byu coaches typically find a way to ruin those too.

This "kalani effect" we heard so much about is nothing but smoke and mirrors, like I said it would be from day 1.

Warner - hang on just a few more weeks pal and your misery of playing for one of the worst teams in football will be over.

I respect your resolve to not jump ship of this dumpster fire of a program mid-season.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Oct. 14, 2017 4:27 p.m.

Warner is by far the best player on this team. Problem is he’s on such a lousy team, he may not get the recognition he deserves when it comes time to court the NFL.

• Red Corvette St George, UT
    Oct. 14, 2017 4:11 p.m.

Is that how BYU students get away with the "man bun" ban?