'His time is the best time': Professional golfer Tony Finau on faith, family and PGA Tour

• Mack2828 Ft Thomas, KY
    April 7, 2018 9:32 a.m.

Don't worry about the sabbath day thing Tony. It's only one of the ten commandments. Just keep the other nine and you'll be fine. Besides in the church today we've fallen so much in love with the praise of the world and trying to create good PR for the church that your being a Mormon golfer on TV is more valued and important than keeping the 4th commandment.

• countryvoice3 Salt Lake City, UT
    April 7, 2018 7:44 a.m.

"Great man! I'm inspired by the fact that he has chosen to not play golf on the Sabbath"

What? where'd you get that? The good news is Tony is playing golf on most Sundays. It's the only way you get paid. Professional golfers don't get paid for playing on Thur. and Friday.

Point the article missed is Tony was voted 2nd most likeable player on the tour last year, a testament to his upbringing and character.

Truly a credit to his family and himself.

• Den Den West Jordan, UT
    April 6, 2018 7:12 a.m.

I always appreciate learning about other LDS athletes. Great story.

• Mack2828 Ft Thomas, KY
    Oct. 12, 2017 10:17 a.m.

Great man! I'm inspired by the fact that he has chosen to not play golf on the sabbath. In the world of professional golf, that is not an easy sacrifice to make. I'm confident that the Lord will see his faithfulness and bless him and his family.

• Ptpili Provo, UT
    Oct. 6, 2017 2:51 p.m.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your article on Tony Finau. What a blessing it is to have such an amazing role model for our children! Thank you Tony and Alayna for your sacrifices and examples for not only Polynesian youth but for our Church youth and adults as well! There is no shortage with successful “ LDS Utahns” I always have an admiration for those who become successful who are also able to uphold a strong belief system and foundation! Who realize and accept there role as a “role model” for aspiring athletes! May the Lord continue to bless you and your family with great success! I’m a new fan! Thank you!

• golfrUte SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Oct. 5, 2017 6:00 p.m.

I've had the opportunity to visit with Tony a couple of times. Once on the golf range while I admired his amazing talent, and once in a restaurant where we had a brief conversation. Tony is as respectful and courteous as anyone I know and a great representative of the Church, our State and the Polynesian culture.

Best wishes for a long and successful career.

• Pacer Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 5, 2017 10:10 a.m.

Always nice to see locals doing well and Tony's story is very inspirational. What a journey from buying clubs at the D.I. to the PGA Tour!

• mohokat Ogden, UT