Evie Clair's journey on 'America's Got Talent' comes to an end

• Nachtmerrie_in_Brugge Mesa, AZ
    Sept. 23, 2017 12:51 a.m.

Yes, Evie's Got Talent, but even more evident here is her brave and courageous character. That will be of far greater value to her—and others—than a million bucks and a show in Vegas. Bravissima, Evie!

• KevinSim Springville, UT
    Sept. 21, 2017 4:45 p.m.

Furry1993 posted:

=We grieve with her, and wish she had waited until she could give a whole and
    =complete performance, and honor him as a result.

It had to be a hard decision for Evie to make, either to wait and do her performance later or to do it now, to honor her father. But it was her decision to make, not ours, and we've got to respect her right to sing whenever she chose.

• Third try screen name Mapleton, UT
    Sept. 21, 2017 3:35 p.m.

Wonderful World was written by Thiele and Weiss, not Armstrong.

Evie's got a great start, if she wants to follow it.

• UtahBruin Eagle Mountain, UT
    Sept. 21, 2017 11:22 a.m.

I am a 45 year old man, and I could not have done what this young lady did. She was amazing. She reminds me of my own daughter who is currently serving a mission in Norway. So sweet, so strong, so full of energy and spirit, that nothing can break her. Death is hard, she will grieve, but she will make it, and I believe that because I am sure Mom and Dad raised her to be that way. I agree with some posters who say that her performance was not that of her earlier ones. But when you read this article and you listen to her on the program. Like she said, she did exactly what her Dad would have done and what he would have wanted her to do. For that, she was flawless. Those last few performances were not for us or AGT, they were for her Dad and Family!

I have to say what I am most grateful for is that we got to see her Dad. We saw him supporting her on the show, we saw the love in that family after her very first performance as her Dad took her up in his arms. This kid is a champion, she is a winner in all aspects of life. Keep going Evie Claire, you are blessed beyond your years and I wish you the best of luck.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Sept. 21, 2017 10:24 a.m.

I really wish she had done the wise thing, and accepted AGT's offer to com back next season when she would have been better able to competently perform. Her last two performances (the days before her father's passing and the performance after the passing) were depleted and lacking compared to her performances early in the series season. My husband and I (both devout LDS) noticed her lacking, and wished that she would wait, and perform when she was fully able to give a whole-hearted performance.

We grieve with her, and wish she had waited until she could give a whole and complete performance, and honor him as a result.

• iluvnz Vernal, UT
    Sept. 21, 2017 8:49 a.m.

She has shown the world the light of the Gospel through her faith, resilience, and strength. She has also born testimony by her example of virtue and modesty in her dress. She may not have won the competition, but she served God's purpose for her by her example. So much good lies ahead for this incredible young daughter of God. Thanks for inspiring us all Evie Clair.

• goosehuntr Tooele, UT
    Sept. 21, 2017 8:33 a.m.

I am amazed that she would choose to sing her dad's favorite song. What strength. She was clearly not her normal self as she tried to keep it together. I was so moved by her grit and touched by her performance. What an incredibly brave little girl. God bless her and her family as they move on.

• ClarkeinAK Anchorage, AK
    Sept. 20, 2017 11:42 p.m.

Actually, it probably wasn't 9th. She was the first of the pairs that were eliminated, but before the cuts started, Tyra Banks announced it was 'in no particular order'. At several fan websites, she was predicted to finish 5th or 6th and their voting polls indicated that. Those polls were pretty spot on, so I'll go with that. She did great though and by making it that far, she is definitely a winner!!!

• Bountiful Guy Bountiful, UT
    Sept. 20, 2017 9:16 p.m.

She is a great winner! Go Evie.

• Howard Beal Provo, UT
    Sept. 20, 2017 8:21 p.m.

Whether she wins the million bucks doesn't take away from the fact that is young lady is a winner!