Soon-to-be free agent Joe Ingles says Utah is the 'priority'

• andyjaggy American Fork, UT
    May 31, 2017 9:01 a.m.

Hopefully it all works out. Things are just starting to get interesting again with the Jazz.

• taatmk West Jordan, UT
    May 31, 2017 8:49 a.m.

The Jazz are so close. Hope they keep their nucleus. Please don't go Joe or Gordon!

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    May 30, 2017 10:16 p.m.

Joe Ingles is going to get an 8-figure salary. However, my hope is that it won't be any higher than $10-$12 million per season; since any higher and it's going to impact what the Jazz do going forward.

The word coming out of Boston (sports pundits, fans, blogs) is that it's Hayward they want the most. They just see him as a great fit for their team and want Danny Ainge to do whatever it takes to land him. Can Boston make it happen? Absolutely. But I hope they fail in their attempt.

As for George Hill, I believe he will receive a big offer from a team desperate to sign a good point guard. One so big he won't be able to turn it down. Unfortunately, that means the Jazz won't be able to match it and we will have seen the last of George Hill in a Jazz uniform.

• Little Andy Tremonton, UT
    May 30, 2017 8:34 p.m.

Thing is Boston would have to trim their roster quite a bit to fit him in and to get Butler too would have to be a masive trade to do it. Think they could sign Inges to a fair contract and then have a massave last year pay.

• TerryHaimes Sturgis, MS
    May 30, 2017 8:11 p.m.

I don't think the Jazz will pay Ingles 8 figures. Maybe on a two year contract with the Jazz having some kind of option. I believe that Ingles will take less money for a long term deal and that is what I hope happens.

I don't think Boston will be an option for Hayward unless they move Thomas. As mentioned above Gobert shows the potential to be the no. one center in the league. Exum and I believe Neto have the potential of being top 5 players. Favors can be a top player. All the Jazz need is a top flight backup to Gobert and Favors. Re-sign Hayward and Ingles. Then concentrate on getting everybody to work on their weaknesses and come into camp ready to play.

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    May 30, 2017 2:36 p.m.

This sure wouldn't hurt if Joe re-signs. He and Hayward get a along pretty well I think so keeping Joe may only be beneficial toward helping Hayward with his decision.

Now for the more cynical side of me...Joe knows the Jazz have the right to match any offer so he knows the Jazz hold the decision making power. It is in his best interest to maintain good terms with the Jazz until they decide to match or not.

It is unfortunate the Celtics hold some pretty appealing cards with respect to the potential outcome of our team. They are in a weaker conference (more wins), they have a history of winning championships, they have the #1 pick, and they can make some moves and sign Jimmy Butler as well as Hayward.

That is pretty ridiculous team but...i still say that is not good enough to beat Lebron and certainly not Golden State I don't think.

Thomas has already said he is fine with not signing an extension in order to keep the payroll down for another year if the team needs the money to go sign some bigger names like Hayward and Butler.

Personally I say Gobert becomes a bigger impact star in years to come than any of those players. Why leave that Hayward?