Ainge joins field of candidates to replace Rep. Jason Chaffetz in Utah's 3rd District

• Laurels Sandy, UT
    May 24, 2017 7:35 a.m.

From Tanner Ainge's linkedin profile:

B.A., International Studies (BYU)
    J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
    2008-2010 Private Equity Associate (HGGC in SLC area)
    2012-2013 Attorney (Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago)
    2013-2016 General Counsel/VP of Acquisitions (CareTrust REIT, Orange County, CA)
    2016-Present Managing Partner Ainge Advisory
    Living in Alpine, but Ainge Advisory is a CA real estate company
    May 2017-Present, Ainge for Congress

He was part of the Romney for President campaign in 2007 - 2008 (doesn't say if he volunteered or was paid staff), & he is the director of the African Equity Fund since 2008.

Haven't seen anything outlining his stands on different issues. Lives in Alpine, but his real estate consulting company operates in CA. He's smart based on his education & the career things he's done, although he's changed jobs a lot. His last name is Ainge, which some people may perceive grants him royalty status. Married. Father-4 young children.

His father endorsed him. Josh Romney & Tanner Mangum have viewed his linkedin account. What more could one ask from a candidate in UT?

He'll get the needed 7000 signatures to get on the ballot.

• Straitpath PROVO, UT
    May 24, 2017 7:19 a.m.

I am interested in the candidates' values and where they lie on the political spectrum, right or left? Provo mayor, Curtis, seems rather lightweight to me. Always seems to want to be having fun.

• DanB Portland, OR
    May 24, 2017 6:31 a.m.

WeThePeople "I know nothing at all. He has my vote!"

ute alumni "I know nothing about him other than his Father. He has my vote.

So you know nothing about this guy other than he has a famous father and you will vote for him? No wonder Utah is the fraud capital of the world.

• Not Much of a Fan Irvine, CA
    May 24, 2017 12:21 a.m.

@WeThePeople:

You've got my vote!

• DanB Portland, OR
    May 23, 2017 11:42 p.m.

What does he do for a living? Why is he qualified? Or does that matter? None of the articles I have read state what he does for a living. Are we to infer he just lives off of his Dad's reputation?

• WeThePeople Sandy, UT
    May 23, 2017 10:49 p.m.

I know nothing at all. He has my vote!

• ute alumni SLC, UT
    May 23, 2017 8:02 p.m.

I know nothing about him other than his Father. He has my vote.

• cougar engineer Alpine, UT
    May 23, 2017 7:37 p.m.

great guy from a great family. He'll have my vote.

• no comment South Jordan, UT
    May 23, 2017 5:22 p.m.

Just so you know, if Hayward leaves for Boston, Ainge won't get my vote.

• Yuge Opportunity Here Mapleton, UT
    May 23, 2017 1:33 p.m.

Missing from the list (so far):
    Chia-Chi Teng