How a bishop, a mayor and a CFO/publicist helped make the Paris LDS Temple a reality

• richieutah kaysville, UT
    May 21, 2017 3:06 p.m.

As a former missionary to France and Belgium, I am overjoyed with happiness for those wonderful people who have waited so long for this blessing. This should bring lots of peace and happiness to the people there.

• Marigold Provo, UT
    May 18, 2017 11:58 a.m.

A temple is always a miracle! Thank you for this inspiring article!

• Irony Guy Bountiful, Utah
    May 18, 2017 10:54 a.m.

I saw the temple under construction last year. A wonderful place, a wonderful spirit. It will bless that great nation.

• gatsby Salt Lake City, UT
    May 18, 2017 10:21 a.m.

I've been home from my mission in France for over 30 years, and I am SO EXCITED for the French people to finally have their own temple!!! A temple seems to me to be a chicken and egg thing--you have to have enough people to staff/attend the temple, but once it's there, it will reactive some, be an amazing missionary tool, and increase the level of righteousness among members. I can remember showing pictures of temples to people in France and how they longed to see one. It is also a miracle to me that the Church was able to build this temple so close to Versailles, one of the most famous tourist attractions in all the world. I absolutely see God's hand in this work/temple, and hopefully it will put to rest the idea that I encountered frequently on my mission...that this is an American Church. The Church is coming out of obscurity in much of the world. God's work is moving forward. So grateful to see this day of a Temple on French soil.

• conservative scientist Lindon, UT
    May 18, 2017 9:43 a.m.

Thank you for sharing this inspiring story of some extra background of how the Paris France temple came to be a reality.

• windsor City, Ut
    May 18, 2017 9:02 a.m.

So great to learn all this back story about Bishop CaussÉ, and the mayor, and the other man.

Makes the awesomeness of having this Temple (finally) all the more amazing and wonderful.

• hbeckett Colfax, CA
    May 17, 2017 8:32 p.m.

• water rocket Magna, UT
    May 17, 2017 4:19 p.m.

This was a good article. However, the church primarily builds temples where the members are actively attending temples, so the credit for this temple really goes to the members. What was interesting to me about this article was how the perception of the church changes when people actually take the time to get to know the members, and the affect the church has had in their lives.