Chaffetz GOP opponent running radio ads

• What in Tucket? Provo, UT
    April 24, 2016 9:10 a.m.

I have been hard put to tell if Mr. Chaffetz has done anything to simplify the tax code, reduce red tape, or balance the budget. If he has he is not letting us know.

• one vote Salt Lake City, UT
    April 23, 2016 5:19 p.m.

Jason needs to be out and the GOP can stop the next Trump.

• conservative scientist Lindon, UT
    April 23, 2016 12:39 p.m.

Jason Chaffetz not far right enough for some people? I guess that's a shocker. I personally think the only chance of unseating him would be someone a little more moderate.

• Rick for Truth Provo, UT
    April 22, 2016 10:50 p.m.

As a retired Navy vet of over 23 years, I was surprised to see Chaffetz voting to cut retired military benefits last year, then turn around and support the 1+ trillion Obama Christmas funding bill which included absolutely everything Obama asked for and the cuts of benifts for the retired military. As a conservative I expected him to fight against the Obama agend, runaway spending and liberal politics. I accept the cuts, but hey, everyone has to cut! I have seen zero fight back from Chaffetz on any vote that mattered, one that was not a beauty referendum with no teeth or meaning. I will vote for him in the general election if he survives the primary, but he has lost my vote in the primary. I was also able to help elect a state delagate from my precinct who has promised to vote for his challenger Mr. Teng.

• Irony Guy Bountiful, Utah
    April 22, 2016 10:12 p.m.

I would like to see someone other Mr. Chaffetz represent Utah.

I find his personality and temperament inconsistent with our values in this state. His behavior in committee hearings is quite embarrassing and exposes our state to ridicule. I was alarmed by his conduct in the Planned Parenthood hearing: An 8th grade math student would have caught the phony diagrams in his presentation. His demeanor is annoying and condescending.

Can't we find someone who can represent us with dignity and a modicum of intelligence? Perhaps the BYU professor is such a person. Let's give him a hearing.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    April 22, 2016 3:41 p.m.

Let change to a primary system where the people vote on who represent them.

Let the State establish a website people can go to to read about those running for office.