LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed in Pennsylvania crash

• Brother Dave Livermore, CA
    Feb. 12, 2016 5:38 p.m.

God Bless the family of Sister Wells. From this newsstory, it sounds like Sister Wells
    was a real sweetheart.

Hopefully her family will remember the Eternal Perspective in all of this sad situation.
    It is hard to understand why bad things happen to good people. We must all Trust in the
    Lord and in His Bigger Picture....

I'm sure Sister Wells will be a good worker and a Sweet Inspiration to those who are already in the Spirit World.

The Restored Gospel does include the Eternal Nature of Families. There is the Promise
    for her family of being with her again....

Again, God Bless the Family at this time....

• JimmyBIO Overton, NV
    Feb. 11, 2016 3:18 p.m.

We have a grand-daughter on a mission in Arizona and it sends chills to our families when we hear of tragedies such as this .. Her family is in our prayers

• iluvredrock Roy, UT
    Feb. 11, 2016 11:38 a.m.

My condolences to her family. That is a lovely picture. lovely girl with the Bountiful Temple in the background I assume. My eyes always water when these accidents happen.

• goosehuntr Tooele, UT
    Feb. 11, 2016 8:03 a.m.

I join my heart and faith to those who have expressed their love and support. I am just one, but He hears me, and I will remember all the families and especially those recovering... may there be no more loss.

From one who has sent two, and is preparing to send two more, my feelings are very tender about this story.

She will yet live again.

• PGH Pittsburgh, PA
    Feb. 10, 2016 8:20 p.m.

@BrentBot As of this evening, the three surviving missionaries were still in the hospital. Heartfelt prayers go out to each of these great sisters serving in our mission and to their families and the family of Sister Wells.

• andreality Centerburg, 00
    Feb. 10, 2016 3:45 p.m.

This story just struck me so hard, my heart is sad and tears came for the family of Sister Wells. Our own daughter served a mission in Santa Ana, California, and for a young girl who has every hope of touching others hearts with the message of the Church, a very real tragedy has happened. We are so sorry for the family; but believing that a better place was waiting for Sister Wells where she can continue the messages of the restored gospel, we can't help but realize she is again teaching with enthusiasm to those waiting to hear it. Our sympathies to her family and love that they heal quickly and find meaning in her all too-short life and mission.

• islandboy Honolulu, HI
    Feb. 10, 2016 1:51 p.m.

Our prayers are with the Wells family. Thank-you for a faithful daughter.

• BrentBot Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 10, 2016 12:33 p.m.

The Pennsylvania papers said one Sister Missionary was in serious condition in the Hershey Medical Center. The two surviving missionaries came to the Washington D.C. Temple and said two Sister Missionaries died. Please update this story.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    Feb. 10, 2016 11:39 a.m.

Tears fill my eyes as I think of this. As I too have a daughter serving the Lord. I can not imagine the feelings her family must have.

God Bless the family with Peace.

• ulvegaard Medical Lake, Washington
    Feb. 10, 2016 11:34 a.m.

How tragic. I hope that her family gets the comfort that they need at this time.

So wonderful to read about how much of a positive impact she made on others.

• Willard Smith Will, IL
    Feb. 10, 2016 7:31 a.m.

I feel so sorry for the family of Sister Wells and hope they will receive the comfort they will surely need. I am also grateful for the survival of the other sisters in the automobile. I hope their injuries will not be very serious.

• Semi-Strong Louisville, KY
    Feb. 10, 2016 7:11 a.m.

I am so sorry for her family. May God give them peace.

• emb Pleasant Grove, UT
    Feb. 10, 2016 6:21 a.m.

God bless all who loved her. She was on the Lord's errand. emb

• FamlyMan Elizabethtown, PA
    Feb. 10, 2016 6:08 a.m.

Sister Wells has touched the lives of so many here in PA. She recently played the part of "Mary" in a live nativity over Christmas that was viewed by hundreds in the region. She stands as a symbol of the faith of so many that are willing to sacrifice in order to bless the lives of others. We offer our most fervent prayers for her family at this time that they may feel comforted.