Backup BYU quarterback McCoy Hill to transfer to SUU

• Cougarfan15 PAYSON, UT
    Dec. 25, 2015 6:29 p.m.

I think it is funny that Chris touts the win when his Utes were about to hand back the game on a silver platter. Even the coach seemed to be very disappointed in the win. Funny he always turns his comments into how good the Utes are and how bad BYU is performing. A different perspective on the world. Good luck McCoy, I hope that you get the chance you want to play.

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Dec. 25, 2015 12:08 p.m.

@Rsljazzbyuutah - Chris B who?

Wish McCoy Hill good luck.

• Cedar Jim CEDAR CITY, UT
    Dec. 24, 2015 11:08 p.m.

If Hill has the talent, the fine coaches at SUU will make him shine.

• water rocket Magna, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 9:50 p.m.

I can't understand why the BYU haters post on a story about BYU??? I also wonder how SUU is recruiting players at BYU. I thought it was against the rules to do so. This is the second QB to leave the BYU program to go to SUU in recent times. I felt Olsen left because of the head coach's personality and offensive mind set. With Hill, I really think he would have been better off to have stayed, but if education isn't your bag, then sure, go to a much smaller program.

• Frankenberry Saint George, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 8:39 p.m.

Mr. Hill welcome. As an alum I proudly state that my favorite college football team is Southern Utah . . . and whoever plays Notre Dame. Glad to have you; T-Birds for life!

• Real Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    Dec. 23, 2015 5:58 p.m.

He could have started for the u this year!

• cougarsrock Springville, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 4:49 p.m.

Can not believe he didn't sign on with the Utes , he would have been the starter there !!!

• gchris rock springs, wy
    Dec. 23, 2015 3:58 p.m.

Dear Deseret News sports editor: Could you please limit Chris B to one comment per article. I have stopped reading his inane and juvenile posts but it takes so long to scroll past them. Please?

• rlsintx Saratoga Springs, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 3:58 p.m.

Good luck to the kid. If you're not seeing playing time and feel you have the skills, go where you can play and prove yourself.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    Dec. 23, 2015 1:33 p.m.

Can't blame him and would do the same. Good Luck McCoy. We will be watching and hoping for your success there.

Reminds me of Royce Bybee who was a All American at Ricks that got stuck behind McMahon. I am convinced given the chance he would have done even better than Jim. But you do mess with success and that is what happened with him.

Chris Who?

• Obama10 SYRACUSE, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 1:14 p.m.

Good luck McCoy! Probably a good decision with the talent BYU has at QB right now. SUU is a great program with a great Head Coach. Worked well for Ammon Olsen. Thanks for your hard work you put in on behalf of the BYU Football. Go Cougs!!

• Utah_Happyman Orem, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 12:55 p.m.

McCoy Rocks...

• Kralon HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA
    Dec. 23, 2015 11:55 a.m.

It was probably a choice of not playing much at BYU unless those in front of him got injured or much more playing time at SUU.

Best of luck to him!

Go Cougars!

• Samwise Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 11:54 a.m.

Hahaha, Chris B, you are funny... wait... you're serious?

In all seriousness good luck to McCoy Hill. I hope he does well at SUU. seems like a good kid. A good choice as far as FCS teams go, and there was no way he was going to start at BYU with Tanner and Taysom.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 11:53 a.m.

@RSL,

Still trying to recover from your 5th super bowl loss in a row? Ya that would be tough

Tell us, do you know when the last time was that byu beat Utah 5 times in a row? How many decades has it been?

• RSLJAZZBYUUTAH West Valley, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 11:49 a.m.

Give it up Chris B, your all hating of BYU is getting old. No one even knows who McCoy is?

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 11:41 a.m.

Given that SUU has more recently put a QB in the NFL than byu and this year alone SUU has 3 projected draftees and byu only 1, this really is one step closer to the NFL.

Congrats on the step up.

• bradleyc Layton, UT
    Dec. 23, 2015 11:30 a.m.

I hate to see anyone leave the BYU program but I certainly wish McCoy Hill the absolute best. Go Thunderbirds and Go Cougars.