Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to promote LDS Church's Christmas initiative

• Anonymous User ARLINGTON, VA
    Dec. 4, 2015 7:26 a.m.

I think she has the same problem that the 5 Browns do with respect to Youtube. They both built their careers outside of Youtube and now, when they have lost their momentum in the mainstream space, they are trying to tap into Youtube. But the problem is they just came to the party way too late, and they didn't catch the Youtube wave like the Piano Guys or Lindsey Stirling. True, Jenny is clearly a better musician than the Lindsey Stirlings of the world, but Youtube makes things about so much more than musicianship. It's about the entire video experience - filming in interesting places, doing something unique, authenticity and truly connecting with your audience. And that just hasn't happened yet.

• justired Fillmore, UT
    Dec. 4, 2015 1:56 a.m.

her art is more classical, so it is not as quickly possible, but it will still be great when the fad music has gone by the wayside.

• Anonymous User ARLINGTON, VA
    Dec. 3, 2015 6:33 a.m.

Jenny Oaks Baker is a fantastic violinist, but she hasn't yet found her niche on youtube. She has never had a video with more than 200K views and she has less than 1 million total views. I really don't understand why she is always included in lists of famous Mormon youtubers, given that everyone else on the list has views in the tens of millions. She is a great violinist, though, no doubt. Maybe one day she'll figure out how to use the youtube platform to build her brand, but it just hasn't happened yet.

• Disco Vega MoTown, CA
    Dec. 2, 2015 5:45 p.m.

I love this video...the Savior of the world, the same Savior every Christian worships. I am so thankful this season that the rest of the Christian world worships the same Savior as the Mormon's. That's powerful!

• goosehuntr Tooele, UT
    Dec. 2, 2015 7:40 a.m.

Wow... Jenny O. Baker. She is a master of the Violin. I am amazed at her grace. Speaking of Master and Grace, I know that my Redeemer lives. I love him. He truly, truly lives. The tomb was empty. There is no greater evidence of Gods love for His children, than the gift of His most precious lamb, and worthy is the Lamb. Merry Christmas to all... may the peace of Christ rest with you all.

• Wilf 55 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Dec. 2, 2015 12:05 a.m.

Promoting Jesus Christ through children after excluding children through the recent policy is bound to have a bitter taste.

• BYUalum South Jordan, UT
    Dec. 1, 2015 4:08 p.m.

I will love watching and listening every day to grasp continually the true message of Christmas, Jesus Christ is born, lived, and died for us. I hope to feel His great love through this music.

Merry Christmas everyone!