Becker's comeback odds unclear with 24,000 S.L. County ballots yet to be counted

• mrjj69 bountiful, UT
    Nov. 6, 2015 3:32 p.m.

we need fresh blood. this is good news.

• hermounts Pleasanton, CA
    Nov. 5, 2015 2:07 p.m.

It wasn't until I read a story on the SLC mayor's race in my local paper here in the S.F. Bay Area, that I found out Jackie Biskupski is a lesbian. I've never seen any mention of that fact in any of your paper's stories on the race. One would think that would be something Utah voters would want to know.

• Grandpa who loves God and you North Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 5, 2015 11:25 a.m.

Perhaps whoever is elected can make a difference particularly regarding the homeless, which is a huge problem. Many states have hired homeless people to clean city streets and parks. Perhaps they could also be paid for services to help run homeless centers for shelters and dispensing food. In any case, these people need our help so that they can be encouraged to lift themselves up rather than just getting handouts. These are God's children and they are suffering. Perhaps the LDS Church and other churches need to get more involved as well.

• bc1050 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 5, 2015 11:15 a.m.

with a new Democrat in office one can be assured, taxes will continue to go up.

• kiddsport Fairview, UT
    Nov. 5, 2015 10:23 a.m.

With both candidates having a (D) after their name, no one should expect any meaningful change in direction coming from city hall.

• Lolly Lehi, UT
    Nov. 5, 2015 6:50 a.m.

I am not into politics, but I have a feeling that one or the other is going to win. Based on the article, the 24,000 uncounted ballots may hold the answer.

• Misty Mountain Kent, WA
    Nov. 5, 2015 4:36 a.m.

Will Biskupski hold her 52 percent to 48 percent edge, or can Becker close the gap?

"I can't comment on that," Swensen said. "I have no idea."

Ms. McKellar, unless Ms. Swensen had secretly opened--and then taped shut--the yet-uncounted ballots, she didn't know what was in them. Why did you even ask her the question?

Or perhaps your editor told you to write a story, when all anybody could do was speculate.

Your moderators deny comments all the time because they say the writers are speculating. They really should have just "denied" this entire article.