How 'Inside Out' sent me a mommy wake-up call

• GeePost slc, UT
    July 7, 2015 1:43 p.m.

Great article Erin, very good reminders.

• Random Redlands, CA
    July 7, 2015 10:42 a.m.

Don't discard the message because you don't like the messenger.
    When I was in college, I remember telling a friend that it was okay to be sad, discouraged, whatever else. Those feelings are real, and must have some attention sometimes. She had never been told it was okay, but rather had always been told to buck up and be happy, even when circumstances weren't cooperating. I was the first person to tell her to it was okay, just don't wallow in them.

• SummitHigh Salt Lake City, UT
    July 7, 2015 9:56 a.m.

@illuminated, I disagree quite fully with your post. Have you watched the film? I'd be quite surprised if someone that has actually seen it then characterizes this particular "cartoon" as silly.

You apparently have personal issues with Disney, which is unfortunate because this was a remarkable film.

• bricha lehi, ut
    July 7, 2015 9:32 a.m.

illuminated,

I couldn't disagree more. Inspiration and introspection can happen in the strangest locations, and should be encouraged. Anything that helps us slow down enough to evaluate where we stand is a good thing in my book, even if it happens during a "silly cartoon".

• illuminated St George, UT
    July 7, 2015 9:04 a.m.

What's sad is the fact that a silly cartoon from a propaganda company gives you a "wake-up call". Americans truly live in a phony, plastic-wrapped, bubble of unreality.

• C Shields c, CA
    July 7, 2015 7:37 a.m.

My sentiments exactly! In a world of marginalized, suppressed emotions, this message is so needed, and timely.

• TriFul Midvale, UT
    July 7, 2015 7:25 a.m.

I remember when my best (and only) friend in 4th grade announced she was switching schools and couldn't be my friend anymore.
    My mom immediately told me to go take a warm bath and not worry about the dishes that night.
    I don't remember being too upset but I thought my mom was so nice to do that for me.