10 million views in 10 days: Behind the scenes of the viral video from 'Studio C'

• Old-But Not Stupid Moorpark, CA
    Dec. 16, 2014 3:17 p.m.

@Reflectere
    Utah, UT

"Studio C is so ignorant"

Define ignorant.....they are usually spot on with how they reference culture and poke fun at almost anything without getting in the gutter like much of the entertainment world.

• Reflectere Utah, UT
    Dec. 15, 2014 12:49 p.m.

Studio C is so ignorant

• G L W8 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    Nov. 30, 2014 7:02 a.m.

"I Love Lucy" and "Mash" could be heavily criticized by LDS people for portraying lifestyles that in many ways are contrary to gospel standards. So could the bulk of fantasy, sci fi, detective stories, even Shakespeare. Pick your genre. No room for an "eye of the beholder" discussion here, but the point is--when a sketch gets 10 million views on YouTube, that pretty well sums it up for me.

• FreeMan Provo, UT
    Nov. 26, 2014 10:25 a.m.

@MormonSean Thanks for reinforcing negative stereotypes of Mormons as pious, holier-than-than, nitwits. Studio C, on the other hand, breaks down barriers and tells the world we can laugh and don't take ourselves too seriously. Lighten up.

• xert Santa Monica, CA
    Nov. 26, 2014 9:01 a.m.

These guys are really walking on the razors edge with this one. Like all the comedy greats, from Keaton, down through Pryor--to Carrot top and now--to the apparent heirs to the throne--Studio C, they take chances. These guys have come a long way. When I first stumbled on their program I wasn't quite sure if what they were doing could be called comedy at all. But with their newfound youtube status all questions have been answered. One million hits equals comedy genius. Like the legendary Brian Attene in Good Morning Mr. Kubrick and the young Chocolate Rain artist--youtube has shown us the real artistic geniuses of our time and I thank youtube for that. Let the critics, with their "SNL for people with no sense of humor" or "Starring the Not Ready for Prime Time, or any other Time Players"--say what they will, one million viral hits is one million viral hits.

• tjhende2 Pleasant Grove, UT
    Nov. 26, 2014 8:58 a.m.

Watched this clip with my nieces and nephews in Chicago over the weekend and died laughing. Love your stuff, Studio C. Keep it up!

• hockeymom Highland, UT
    Nov. 26, 2014 7:50 a.m.

I think the humor in this piece that all the "nay" sayers are missing is the sheer irony of a soccer goalie getting hit in the face EVERY time! This is comedic genius. Keep putting out great stuff Studio C. It's pretty hard to find such good clean humor these days.

• Howard Beal Provo, UT
    Nov. 26, 2014 12:20 a.m.

Great video. Not only is the physical slapstick funny but the announcers are too hilarious. Well crafted.

• MormonSean Provo, UT
    Nov. 25, 2014 8:26 p.m.

I Love Lucy & Mash were funny. Watching a guy get pulverized by a soccer ball isn't. It's immature. I can laugh at immature as much as anyone. But it has its limits. We read good books, like Shakespeare. We ought to watch good things also. Agatha Cristie's Poirot is clean and brilliant. It's a great example of something worth watching. While clean programming is important, so is quality programming. I hope to see the quality in local programming improve. It's a struggle I appreciate. Still, I hope to see it improve.

• Lilalips Attleboro, MA
    Nov. 25, 2014 7:49 p.m.

I love how studio C does not worry about political correctness. They obviously don't take themselves too seriously and have a great deal of fun doing what they do. They are a breath of comedic fresh air.

• Levin Reno, NV
    Nov. 25, 2014 5:31 p.m.

I was crying with laughter when I saw "Scott Stirling" air live. It was a "this is so wrong" laughter, but I loved it. To be fair, Studio C has been pretty cavalier with other serious topics as well (gun violence, police brutality) not to mention a little insensitive toward certain groups (elderly, mentally handicapped, racial minorities). It was more than a little uncomfortable watching last night's sketch about police profiling (even though it was funny) knowing what was going on in Ferguson, MO at that time.

Having said that, the routine for Family Home Evening in our house has become prayer, song, lesson, treat, and Studio C.

• David Centerville, UT
    Nov. 25, 2014 4:38 p.m.

Hilarious. And no animals were hurt in the production of this video. No concussions either.

• Mom of 8 Hyrum, UT
    Nov. 25, 2014 3:05 p.m.

Thanks for the article. My husband and kids have been debating how they did this. We're proud to say we saw it when there were only a few thousand views, and every day we check on it to see how much it's grown.

Physical humor doesn't need words, and soccer speaks to so many people. So glad to see Studio C hitting the big numbers. They deserve it!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 25, 2014 1:50 p.m.

This is really neat and lots of fun without naughty words or anything like that - too many naughty words and scenes in other videos

• Foxtrot Mountain View, CA
    Nov. 25, 2014 1:34 p.m.

Re: Hey It's Me. Relax. Chill the heck out. Can't do anything in this world without someone getting offended.

• Alterego Harrisville, UT
    Nov. 25, 2014 1:34 p.m.

@Hey

Yes! It was funny. I laughed both times I've watched. No concussions actually occurred during the production of this video. Those only thing this video promotes is humor.

• Hey It's Me Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 25, 2014 1:17 p.m.

Just watched the viral video. I thought studio C was supposed to be comedy. I didn't think there was one bit of humor in this. We have heard over and over about coaches letting players stay in games with concussions and the brain damage it causes. BYU is this what you call good clean fun?