@Irony Guy,Re: "Sounds like Daggett has decided to conserve 20
percent of the land. Does that mean the other 80 percent is fair game for
exploitation, destruction, pillaging, pirating, drilling, ATV-scarring, ad
nauseam?"...Yes Irony Guy... that automatically means the other
80% they are going to burn, pillage, drill, destroy, exploit, ad nauseum... Give me a break!
Compromise... what's that?When it comes to "Compromise"
and "Wilderness"... that word doesn't seem to exist.I
tend to think we CAN have Wilderness... AND land for recreation, AND land for
farming, AND land for residential areas, AND land for livestock, AND land for
wild animals, AND land for ATV riders, AND land for campers, AND land for
hikers. In other words... I believe in "Multiple Use"
(google it)But some still insist if there is a human being, or a
car, or a rancher's animal anywhere.. it's ruined.We need
to learn to compromise. Some land for wilderness... some for nature that is
accessible, some for ranching, some for everything.I like Nature as
much as the next guy. But I also like having a job. It doesn't have to
be all one or the other.
Sounds like Daggett has decided to conserve 20 percent of the land. Does that mean the other 80 percent is fair game for exploitation,
destruction, pillaging, pirating, drilling, ATV-scarring, ad nauseam?
"Meanwhile, Bishop says Obama administration officials are letting the
processes continue while progress is being made, rather than have the federal
government come in and with one fell swoop — a national monument
designation for a big chunk of the lands — make a game-eliminating play
resulting in definite and restrictive land uses."The right wing tells
us BO is a dictator who snubs his nose at Congress and the constitution. This is
just another example of the opposite. Now if the GOP and the local Utah
goverments(which are all GOP) refuse to put a comprimising solution on the table
expect BO to step in and designate some additional monuments. Hopefully Rep.
Bishop is sucessful but we have a President who is determined to solve problems
instead of create them.