Athiests and nonbelievers 'still have a place' in Utah's interfaith community

• FT1/SS Virginia Beach, VA
    Feb. 14, 2014 9:52 a.m.

It's confirmed, atheism is now a religion.

• Tyler D Meridian, ID
    Feb. 13, 2014 4:36 p.m.

@one old man – “Atheism and non belief are still matters of faith, aren't they? Faith that they aren't wrong, just as those with other beliefs must have faith that they aren't wrong.”

Can we assume it’s a matter of faith if you don’t believe in Zeus, Santa Claus or unicorns?
    I’m guessing you would say it is rather a lack of evidence that formed your views, yes?

• Fitz Murray, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 11:38 a.m.

Faith, in the context of this Interfaith group, is a belief in a higher being, god if you will. Non-believers, atheists, and agnostics, have no such beliefs, and go to great lengths (think of the number of lawsuits they file) to oppose beliefs in god. They should not be part of a group that does believe in god.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    Feb. 13, 2014 8:24 a.m.

• Tekakaromatagi Dammam, Saudi Arabia
    Feb. 13, 2014 7:53 a.m.

There is a lot that can be learned from crossing cultural boundaries. I live among Moslems and I have learned a lot from them. One time I was working outside and I stepping inside and someone asked me, "What is new?" I said, (more as a statement, not as a complaint), "It is really hot outside." He said, "Hot comes from God." In other words, whatever happens, God is in control.

When I would pour out my water (it would get too hot to drink), I would find a crack in the pavement to put the water into the ground, not just on the pavement. I learned that from a creation chant. The creator put life in everything and I am respecting that life and joining in the creation.

• scwoz gambier, oh
    Feb. 13, 2014 7:27 a.m.

God was looking down and smiling.