Twins born on side of freeway near Tree of Life sculpture

Return To Article
Add a comment
  • Rustymommy Clovis, NM
    June 4, 2013 1:43 a.m.

    Most women have to push for quite a while before the actually delivery. So, if they pulled over at 9AM, it was probably the better part of an hour before before both babies were born. Getting the first baby breathing and delivering the second were important priorities to be tackled before transporting. Also, if the dad was busy delivering babies and didn't call for emergency assistance right away, that would slow things down considerably. He may have been lucky the officers discovered the predicament at all. So I don't think the timing sounds way off. The good news is that everybody was apparently safe and sound.

    Babies were delivered for thousands of years without hospitals, doctors, or special intervention. While it would be scary and inconvenient, a safe delivery was still more likely than not.Congratulations to dad and policemen on quick thinking in a crisis. Congratulations to mom for a hard day's work.

  • Hamath Omaha, NE
    June 3, 2013 4:56 a.m.

    @too smart
    The way I read it, they arrived at the hospital at 10:30 am. Or at the very least took off from the Tree of Life (after perhaps dealing with the birth which was actually happening) at 10:30 am. Not that they arrived on the scene at 10:30 am.

  • toosmartforyou Farmington, UT
    June 2, 2013 7:15 p.m.

    Did I read this took 90 minutes to get life flight to the scene? You could drive to the hospital in Tooele faster than that.

  • Mom of 8 Hyrum, UT
    June 2, 2013 5:57 p.m.

    Hasn't this happened before?

    I think someone should build an InstaCare/Birthing Center near that Tree of Life. It's already an aptly named spot . . .

  • earthquakejake Logan, UT
    June 2, 2013 5:51 p.m.

    I'm glad the babies are alive. It must take a lot of bravery and strength to deliver a baby when you've never delivered a baby before, especially in an emergency.