Gas prices continue to drop for most of the nation

• SEY Sandy, UT
    June 20, 2012 10:28 a.m.

I find it ironic that one of the Federal Reserve's guiding principles is price stability, meaning (to them, anyway) that price deflation is a plague to be avoided at all costs. Their target, in fact, is price inflation of 2-3% annually. Yet, rising oil prices in the eyes of many is a plague upon our economy. So which is it? Do we want the Fed's version of price stability regarding oil, or do we want price deflation which puts them in hysterics? You can't have it both ways.

• Millie Bess ,
    June 20, 2012 9:39 a.m.

All I can say is that I am happy to see gas prices falling and just hope the trend continues!

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    June 19, 2012 9:31 p.m.

I find it amazing that the national average is a full 30 cents higher then the actual we are paying in the mid Atlantic. My cars require premium, and it's price here is lower then the published average price for regular. Add to that northncarolina has some of he highest gas taxes, it makes absolutely no sense fuel prices are so high.... Particularly since in february Utah prices were lower than mid Atlantic prices were by a substantial amount.

None of it makes much sense.

The good news is summer usually has some of the highest fuel prices so if history repeats prices should continue to fall.

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    June 19, 2012 6:42 p.m.

The oil Co. thieves are alive and doing well in good old Utah mainly because our politicans and government leaders don't care because there is "NO" agency in this state regulating this bunch of greeds!

• JoeBlow Far East USA, SC
    June 19, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Utah has some of the higher crude costs. It would follow that the gas prices in Utah should be higher than the national average.

• Johnny Triumph American Fork, UT
    June 19, 2012 12:25 p.m.

For a story written by a DesNews staffer I'm surprised to see no mention of Utah's current prices as related to the National Averages...

• JoeBlow Far East USA, SC
    June 19, 2012 11:08 a.m.

Now of course it would be ludicrous if I were to come on here and give credit to Obama for the falling gas prices.

Just like it was cherry picking to compare gas prices to when Bush left office.

If gas prices continue to fall, I will not credit Obama. Please dont blame him if they rise unless you also blamed Bush when they were over $4 per gallon.

Both case would make you wrong, but as least you would be consistent.