Fear, prayer and peace: Utah man recalls frantic efforts to try and save fallen brother-in-law

• luv2organize Gainesville, VA
    April 26, 2012 4:26 p.m.

So heart breaking. As a child of a father that died when I was an infant too I can only say that everyone should be prepared for death at any age. Life insurance should be the first thing you get when starting a family. I know this may sound incredible harsh but it blesses the family when something tragic like this happens. It allows time for a family to grieve and not worry about finances - even if for a short time.

• Straitpath PROVO, UT
    April 26, 2012 4:23 p.m.

The brother in law is a hero

• ulvegaard Medical Lake, Washington
    April 26, 2012 4:19 p.m.

Such things are never easy, even when you have an understanding of the plan of salvation. Part of humanity is that we miss people we know and love. Even the Savior wept when Lazarus died; even knowing full well that within a short time, He would raise Lazarus from the dead - still He wept.

The challenge comes for those of us left behind to try and see things from our Heavenly Father's perspective. For Him, tragedy is a life wasted and covenants not kept. But beyond that, death -- for the young and the old is just part of the process that brings us another step closer to eternity.

In the mean time, until these grand reunions are experienced, our sympathy is extended without measure to those who will grieve a little while longer.

• nothegame Saratoga Springs, UT
    April 26, 2012 3:51 p.m.

Great article, But was really sad RIP he sounds like a great man.

• AZ Blue & Red Gilbert, AZ
    April 26, 2012 10:17 a.m.

May God be with your family.

• heartish HEBER CITY, UT
    April 26, 2012 8:57 a.m.

Heartfelt prayers going out to the family and friends of this wonderful soul.

• bonnielarsen WELLSVILLE, UT
    April 26, 2012 7:38 a.m.

My heart just aches for this sweet family. I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. I will pray for the Lord's peace and comfort to be with you during this devastating time. May He continue to watch over and strengthen each of you.

• cjb Bountiful, UT
    April 26, 2012 6:22 a.m.

Ive considered and then rejected the idea that I go sky diving. Given that I have a family and math books to finish
    writing I've deemed it not worth the risk. I suspect that
    a lot of people are not wired to appreciate risk in risk
    vs reward. Similar to some people don't have the talent to be great at playing piano or at playing basket ball.