Trump's health secretary pick confirmed narrowly for Cabinet

• at long last. . . Kirksville , MO
    Feb. 11, 2017 8:12 a.m.

"Narrowly confirmed". With Democrats voting as a block, regardless of nominee's merit, all will be confirmed by a narrow margin. This is a biased headline implying marginal nominees, when that is not the case. It is the scorched-earth policies of the defeated party, nothing else.

• one vote Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 11, 2017 7:41 a.m.

His buddies are going to be super rich.

• libs think what??? Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 10, 2017 4:16 p.m.

troustalker
    vanceone's party started it? Your selective amnesia is convenient.

No, I don't think vance was among those combing through florida ballots in Nov 2000 trying to second guess the voters' intent and thereafter saying bush ii was not the legitimate president.

hutterite
    you claim trump's picks are SOME of the most underqualified, misguided and immoral people we've ever had in office. BO's choices were THE most unqualified, misguided and immoral people in office, so trump's picks are an improvement.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    Feb. 10, 2017 12:39 p.m.

Vance,
    You've aptly described the behaviour and attitude of republicans toward President Obama for eight years.
    The republicans have 'won', insofar as we've all lost, and can ram through what they want.
    But trump and his cabinet of millionaire robber barons are some of the most under qualified, misguided and immoral people we've ever had in office.
    So don't expect to be feelin' the love anytime soon. People of good intent are going to continue to express themselves.

• JMHO Kanab, UT
    Feb. 10, 2017 11:32 a.m.

You say most Americans agree with what ACA was "trying" to do. Not what it does. Notice how you did that. Most people know the ACA as constituted is a train wreck. All that needed to be done was a little medicaid expansion and the rest should have been left alone. Now we have problems in all areas of healthcare because this bill is so big and massive that it affects everything.

• UtahTroutStalker Draper, UT
    Feb. 10, 2017 9:37 a.m.

Vanceone - Provo, UT

"Where's the left's tolerance and love? Where is the deference shown to the President they demanded? "

Hey buddy, your party started this.

Honestly, I am going to fine no matter what. I am a white male, and my household income is squarely in the top 5%, I already have my education, my kid's college tuition is paid for, and I have a healthy amount saved for retirement.

I worry about those who have not fared so well. They are being tricked by this POTUS and the extreme right. Coal - power plants have been switching to natural gas. Manufacturing jobs- most have been lost to automation. An additional 12 million people just this year bought insurance on the exchange. Most Americans agree with the what the ACA was trying to do. The only way to make it better would be a single payer voucher system like the Swiss use. Cap deductibles, mandate basic level of coverage, and let insurance companies sell add-on coverage. Unfortunately the GOP is not known for being innovative, and they have no real plan for a replacement.

So I could sit back and keep my mouth shut, but I love my fellow citizens too much.

• Vanceone Provo, UT
    Feb. 10, 2017 9:07 a.m.

Nothing but hatred and hypocrisy from the left. Well, congratulations: there is zero reason to listen to anything you guys want.

The left has made it abundantly clear: they have said there is no point in even talking to them. So let the Republicans just do whatever, it's not like the Democrats have shown any interest at all in compromise.

Heck, they are hysterical beyond belief. You leftists have managed to get Orrin Hatch royally ticked off enough to just suspend the rules and ram things through, and he was one of your biggest allies!

News flash: You leftists do not have a divine right to rule; and no matter how big your tantrum because you lost; you still do not have the right to dictate and rule. I know you think you do, but you don't. And since you are kicking your heels in tantrum mode, the best thing to do is ignore you and send you to bed without supper.