1 shot in Oregon amid nationwide anti-Trump protests

• Mick Murray, Utah
    Nov. 12, 2016 8:01 p.m.

MCFD-

Please give me exact quotes where Trump said he was going to come down hard on women, minorities and muslims.

And I am having a hard time also coming up with a reference against blacks and the LGBT community. From everything I have heard he supported these two communities.

• JSB Sugar City, ID
    Nov. 12, 2016 6:19 p.m.

Because I have no respect for him, I didn't vote for Trump. But he still won. Not for an instant did I consider joining in some kind of protest march and the wild and crazy behaviors of the protestors, reveal their immaturity and selfishness which has, in fact, softened my hostile feelings toward Trump.

• MCFD Superior, AZ
    Nov. 12, 2016 4:13 p.m.

Trump said he was going to come down hard on women, minorities and Muslims. If these groups don't fight back hard, then all of their gains will be destroyed.

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 12, 2016 3:33 p.m.

Is this reporting or community organizing and rabble rousing by glorifying the aging hippy lady returning to protests for the first time since 1965?

If the news media did not pay so much attention to these ill-informed people committing petty crimes they would not return again the next day.

The story even says they are breaking the law, and obstructing traffic, spray painting graffiti and hurling burning objects at cops all certainly seem to be illegal acts. Lock them up!

• From Ted's Head Orem, UT
    Nov. 12, 2016 3:03 p.m.

So let's see...I don't support fetus/baby killing, gay marriage, socialized medicine, $12 - $15 per hour minimum wage laws, and many other planks in the Democrats' platform. Am I justified in vandalizing random businesses or blocking roads?

• Bloodhound Provo, UT
    Nov. 12, 2016 2:57 p.m.

When they turn violent, round them up and lock them up! I am sick of this type of behavior. Talk about deplorable.

• sashabill Morgan Hill, CA
    Nov. 12, 2016 2:23 p.m.

If these protests had been happening before the election, rather than after it, I venture to say that Trump would have gotten a majority of the popular vote as well as the electoral vote.

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    Nov. 12, 2016 12:47 p.m.

Can't handle democratic elections. If you don't get your way, throw a tantrum. If someone says something you disagree, claim harassment and have the contrarian voice silenced. And they accuse the rest of us of intolerance and hate?

Anarchy. Tyranny.

America really has been fundamentally transformed.