Obama marks Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery

• RC in WJ WEST JORDAN, UT
    May 31, 2016 4:45 p.m.

Re robin138:

Kudo's for your post but most importantly I thank you, your father and mother for your service to our country! There are those who have never served and even some who have served in the military who are so filled with hate toward the POTUS that they cannot pass up a chance to denigrate!

The POTUS was at Arlington to reprsent the citizens of the USA in paying respects to those who are there intered! To politisize the event is as unAmerican as it gets.

Hate debilitate the hated and the hater!

• robin138 springfield, VA
    May 31, 2016 10:33 a.m.

I am one of 9 vets in the newest 4 generations of my family. My dad is buried at Arlington and my mom is interred with him. It bothers me that anyone would use an article about Arlington National Cemetery to make comments about anything other than honoring all those brave Americans who are interred there.

• Utefan60 Salt Lake City, UT
    May 31, 2016 6:48 a.m.

Worf said: Great having a commander in chief who sets the standard of patriotism, and would also give his life in defense of the Constitution, Freedom, and Liberty.

Yet it is, an amazing President with a classy demeanor who has done more to save the lives of our military than any President in a long time.

Thanks to our amazing duly elected President. To dishonor the office of President of these United States is unpatriotic and a disservice to our valiant men and women in the Military.

Thank you President Obama for showing class and dignity in the face of such horrible obstructionism and flat out bigotry. You represent the USA well here and abroad.

• LOU Montana Pueblo, CO
    May 30, 2016 9:03 p.m.

"Me·mo·ri·al Day
    a day on which those who died in active military service are remembered, traditionally observed on May 30 but now officially observed on the last Monday in May."

Our soldiers who died serving our country all fought together. They had no differences, they equally gave all.

My grandson's biological father is one of three soldiers left from his original 12 man squad. He teeters on the edge of suicide and drowns in alcohol daily because of the guilt he has for surviving. He cannot find a path back, his soul died somewhere in Afghanistan and all we got back was a hollow body.

Memorial Day is more than the heroes we have laid to rest. It is about the one's who never came home.

• RC in WJ WEST JORDAN, UT
    May 30, 2016 8:53 p.m.

Re Worf:

I suoppose you have actual proof that he wouldn't? Then again I am sure the new leader of your party would would be one of the first! Oh sorry, those pesky bone spurs!

• worf Mcallen, TX
    May 30, 2016 5:20 p.m.

• brotherJonathan SLC, UT
    May 30, 2016 4:12 p.m.

YouNeedToKnow-

Soldiers gave their lives in defense of our Constitution.
    If you don't believe that truth- read the oath of office for all US Armed Forces.

In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support & defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

What constitutes an enemy of the Constitution for the USA, foreign & domestic:
    Any person or group that would block the defense of our Constitution's Principle Law.

Do you know what principle that is?
    Citizens of the USA - Must Be Equal Under All Laws.
    That's it. That is the duty & job of our USSupreme Court - to ensure that one principle is upheld-
    Equality under all laws.

We don't honor the fallen soldiers . We Allow-
    Corp. Bribery, Slave-based Drug Monopoly Law & deny our unborn Due Process = based on non-science false beliefs.