Disney announces fifth Indiana Jones film

• mominthetrenches South Jordan, Utah
    March 20, 2016 9:38 a.m.

I love this idea, but after the lame #4 re-make, I'm skeptical. Please redeem yourselves with a decent 5th movie that will let us all remember Indiana in a good way and let's let Harrison Ford go out while he's still at the top of his game! I agree with the comment about having JJ Abrams as Director-he is awesome!!!

• John Pack Lambert of Michigan Ypsilanti, MI
    March 19, 2016 9:17 a.m.

Harrison Ford seems set to take the record for oldest actor to have a lead role in an action film.

• tqseal SLC, UT
    March 16, 2016 10:32 a.m.

I love the Indiana Jones series more than Star Wars; however the constant superhero film making needs to stop. I was tired of it 10 years ago.

The fact is, Hollywood is going to continue making superhero movies and try to jumpstart these past highly successful movie franchises until people stop going to them.

• James E Tooele, UT
    March 16, 2016 9:31 a.m.

Indiana Jones movies have always been sci-fi, eg: melting Nazi faces, but the Crystal Egg-skull was the worst. Like the Russian Die Hard, these later movies are devoid of the spirit that made the originals instant classics. But hey, let's see how Independence Day 2 does this summer.

• Jamescmeyer Midwest City, USA, OK
    March 16, 2016 6:25 a.m.

@Faith + Virtue + Knowledge

I'd never thought about it that way before! Thank you for bringing it up. In a loud chorus for superficial things to make movies awesome, sometimes what really makes them appealing is hard to recognize and pin down.

• Faith + Virtue + Knowledge Utah County, UT
    March 15, 2016 5:05 p.m.

Young Moderate,

I agree completely! Hollywood is too scared to take risks with investment. And ultimately that shallow kind of investing only saturates a market until it grows too frail to sustain itself. If they are going to, I at least hope they don't do as bad as they've been doing. But really, I want new stuff.

I don't want Star Wars 30 someday. I want a new idea, a new universe to explore. Until they do that, they'll keep failing.

• Faith + Virtue + Knowledge Utah County, UT
    March 15, 2016 4:58 p.m.

All Indiana Jones films have religious themes. The two successful films had Judeo-Christian themes. The Hindi one got freaky and weird with human sacrifices in a fire pit. The Mayan one got even more weird with aliens.

Disney, please don't mess it up again!

He's an archaeology professor in a race against a threatening enemy looking for religious artifacts, only to find out there is some truth to the mysteries surrounding the treasures they seek. He's a man who doesn't want to believe, but comes to believe. He's also firmly a scholar as well. It's not hard! Just stay true to what makes the story Indiana Jones and you got it! I'm not sure the enemy can be as effective as the Nazi's were for the sake of cinema appeal.

It's a lot easier to stay true to a format you already have than to mess it up. It's not about the treasure. It's about an adventure and the characters we've come to love. And if you're going to hand it off to the younger generation, make sure we love the new character!

• Young Moderate Logan, UT
    March 15, 2016 4:53 p.m.

Dear Hollywood,

As much as I enjoyed movies like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and others growing up, I am ready for something new please. Another Marvel movie doesn't count...

• james d. morrison Boise, ID
    March 15, 2016 4:25 p.m.

Maybe they can get JJ Abrams to direct. Maybe they'll kill of Indiana Jones as well.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    March 15, 2016 2:51 p.m.

The last one was a bust. Hopefully for this one they will reutrn to something other than SiFi.