Hillary Rodham Clinton completes shift on same-sex marriage

• Utah Keith Roy, UT
    April 20, 2015 9:09 a.m.

Hillary not running for president, "I back same sex marriage on a state by state level".... Hillary running for President, "I back same sex marriage and it should be a Human Right given to all men and women in this great land of ours!" Watch suddenly if there is an activist group out there, she will agree with them to get the vote of the "people" of that group. That is how it works when you are a liberal. Save the one eyed, two legged spotted toad lizard of the Wisconsin Ozark Creek, and she'll back it for the 8 votes of that group... What happened to a back bone?

• worf Mcallen, TX
    April 17, 2015 10:04 a.m.

Politicians are like a leaf on a tree.

Go which ever way the wind blows.

No moral backbone.

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    April 17, 2015 9:20 a.m.

@lost
    so what you are saying them is that she flip flopped?
    All kidding aside it does not mater what we call it you call flip flopping, I like personally like johnny come lately, the fact remains you misrepresented someone's post and got busted, move on.

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    April 17, 2015 7:54 a.m.

Tolstoy and Intervention

complain ALL YOU WANT.

does not change the fact hillary flip-flopped and you are trying to deflect attention from that.

does not matter who used the tactic of calling someone a flip-flopper and who it was used on

does not matter how much you object

hillary flip-flopped and your comments have drawn attention away from that fact.

just to reassert the actual fact of the conversation

hillary flip flopped, she is a flip flopper, and the left will do everything they can to try and deflect attention away from the fact that hillary is a flip-flopper.

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    April 16, 2015 9:35 p.m.

@lost
    So was it intervention that brought Romney and blaming liberals into the conversation or mterry? Intervention responded to mterry and you decided to misrepresent that exchange to accuse Liberals of double standards. Oh the irony of it all.

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    April 16, 2015 7:18 p.m.

It is nice to see the "party of personal responsibility" out their trying to blame liberals for their own bad behaviors again. You all seem to want to ignore that accusations of flip flopping by Romney had their roots in the GOP primary when McCains campaign wrote up and began to quote from their 200 page document outlining what they believed were Romney's flip flops, a tactic that the rest of his primary campaign opponents were only to happy to jump on board with.

• intervention slc, UT
    April 16, 2015 6:55 p.m.

@lost
    You can "believe" what ever helps you "deflect attention away from" your misrepresentation of my post you wish but the fact remains Romney was the victim of the rhetoric he supported as a republican. I don't really care what rhetoric people use to label Romney Clintons or any other politicians changes on how they views the issues. What matters are the facts. The fact is that I frankly am not impressed with her Johnny come lately support. I wish her and Bill would have shown more courage back in the 90's when don't ask don't tell and the defense of marriage act were passed instead of waiting tell it was no longer politically risky but that's me.

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    April 16, 2015 6:36 p.m.

intervention
    you REALLY expect us to believe your intent was not to deflect attention FROM hillary and blame the GOP?

yeah, and I have some ocean front property in Kansas I can sell you

• worf Mcallen, TX
    April 16, 2015 5:54 p.m.

Hillary was against illegals receiving drivers licenses, and same sex marriage. Now has changed her position.

• intervention slc, UT
    April 16, 2015 5:12 p.m.

@lost
    Talk about misrepresenting other post. Did I make any comment one way or the other about Clinton? No I did not. I pointed out that Romney is not so much a victim of liberals as his own parties propaganda machine.

• Bob K Davis, CA
    April 16, 2015 4:52 p.m.

A-- She probably remembers that she was villified for advocating health care reform in 1993, but she ought to have spoken up sooner

B-- Comments comparing her to Romney are ridiculous: she went in only one direction, if slowly, while he went more liberal in Mass when he needed to, then extra conservative (beyond his personal beliefs, in my opinion) when he needed conservtive backing.

You cannot compare a tortoise to a chameleon.

--- I wonder if the DN has a specific person assigned to select unflattering photos of Democrats?

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    April 16, 2015 4:16 p.m.

Are any of the lefties going to call her flip-flopper?

I doubt it. we see they are already denying it.

LOU
    She previously opposed SSM. I guess opposing and then supporting does not constitute flip-flopping if you are a dem. Yep, world does not function for liberals without the constant double standard
    Surely the left can do better than consistently call conservatives haters – it seems to be their fall-back cry when they have no better argument.

Intervention
    So Hillary did not flip-flop?
    Yep, world does not function for liberals without the constant double standard

• LOU Montana Pueblo, CO
    April 16, 2015 4:16 p.m.

drich, Green River Utah; Welcome to my world, where only 1/3 of what I submit is printed. As for the attacks, you need to read some of the hard hits and lies that come from the white is right side.

Keep submitting your opinions, they cannot ignore you forever. It works for me.

• intervention slc, UT
    April 16, 2015 3:54 p.m.

@mterry
    So you do realize the flip flop accusations are a product of the conservative rhetoric machine that originated when Kerry was running for office right? Romney was the victim of the rhetoric his party created.

• drich Green River, Utah
    April 16, 2015 3:33 p.m.

Lou Montana if I would have submitted what you said to Mterry and the right wingers
    It wouldn't have been printed---attacking someone or some other excuse.

• Rikitikitavi Cardston, Alberta
    April 16, 2015 2:50 p.m.

Get ready folks for late-term abortions. That will be next for the H

• LOU Montana Pueblo, CO
    April 16, 2015 2:45 p.m.

"she now wants the Supreme Court to back marriage equality as a constitutional right." OK????

Where is the flip-flopping and what is wrong with it being a Constitutional right?

You Radical Right Wing people need to take a happy pill and focus on your congressmen and get them to lower our taxes and raise wages. I truly worry about your well being. Maybe drink some green tea, listen to rain drops and stare at a crystal disco ball. Try anything other than crying and ranting and hating all the time. PLEASE!

I will give you a big LOU HUG if it will help.

• MTerry SANDY, UT
    April 16, 2015 12:54 p.m.

If this had been Mitt Romney he would have been accused of being a flip-flopper.

• Hutterite American Fork, UT
    April 16, 2015 12:41 p.m.

There's no sense being half committed on one side or the other. The republicans are going to come out wholly against it, all of them. They're on the wrong side of history, so Hillary is right to commit to it.