Democrats blast Rudy Giuliani for questioning Obama's love of US

• Janet Ontario, OR
    March 5, 2015 1:18 a.m.

Tucked away in my possessions is a "Giuliani for President 2008" tee shirt. I wonder if it would sell on E-Bay. I'm so disappointed in Rudy. I thought he had more sense than to say such a divisive and mean-spirited thing about the POTUS. Besides, it's not even original. Rush Limbaugh's been saying for years that "Democrats hate America." How silly.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 26, 2015 8:57 a.m.

Seriously though, you people think Obama loves America?

Upon his election, his wife Michelle said it was "the first time I'm proud of my country?".

She said that folks. Fact! It's more probable than not that her husband feels the same way.

Can't wait for 2016

• one vote Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 24, 2015 5:02 p.m.

Yes, and Rudy decided to go out in flames to end his career.

• OneHumanFamily Provo, UT
    Feb. 24, 2015 4:45 p.m.

What exactly has Giuliani done to better America? He took credit for turning around New City City, but if you look at history the turnaround started years before Giulianni took office. He was a beneficiary of gentrification that has been taking place in just about every major city in the US. He rode the wave and then took credit for the wind that started the wave.

The truth is, the only reason anyone knows about him is that he just happened to be mayor during 9/11 and he used it brilliantly to advance himself into the national spotlight.

Whether or not Obama "loves America", I don't think Giuliani is in any position to make that call.

• Wonder Provo, UT
    Feb. 24, 2015 10:28 a.m.

one vote -- And it works! All the rabid right eat this kind of thing right up! For the right, the more red meat the better, and the politicians know it, so they aren't going to stop.

• Wonder Provo, UT
    Feb. 24, 2015 10:26 a.m.

Republicans value words more than actions. That is, if you constantly spout patriotic rhetoric and wear flag pins (a form of speech), then a Republican will think you are patriotic. Just as they think a person is a good Christian if they talk about it all the time, regardless of whether or not they've had 3 or more wives, lied, had affairs, etc. It's all about what you SAY. Your actions don't matter. So, even though Obama has had one wife and no affairs and goes to a Christian church, to a Republican he is not a Christian because he doesn't constantly tell everyone about it. As opposed to Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich, etc., who are clearly Christians to Republicans.....

• one vote Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 24, 2015 10:17 a.m.

The sad part is that this was a fund raising ply by Walker.

• lonepeakstudent Alpine, UT
    Feb. 23, 2015 9:55 p.m.

This entire discussion and accusation is just one big "No True Scotsman" fallacy. Barack Obama loves this country and has demonstrated it through his dedicated service. Please leave your political disagreements and agreements out of character judgments. The world will be a better place if everyone would do so. I agree with a lot of Bill Clinton's politics, but I don't really think he's a stand-up dude. Similarly, I disagree with a lot of Senator Mike Lee's politics, but I think he is a stand-up dude. He lives in my neighborhood and I can honestly say I genuinely like the guy and his family.

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    Feb. 21, 2015 12:00 p.m.

I don't think I'm the only one noticing that the radical leftists use the same rhetoric in defending their commander in chief ("right-wing extremists", "talk radio", "Bush", blah, blah). No evidence to support him, it's just attack their opposition. As they demonstrate throughout history in any country they take a foot-hold, including the good ol' USA, they have no tolerance for any opposition and will resort to violence to ensure their total control.

And I have no sympathy for them.

• funny_guy Vacaville, CA
    Feb. 21, 2015 8:25 a.m.

Still waiting to see a "real" birth certificate. Obama has hidden everything that links him to his past. Every state should require every Presidential candidate to provide documentation qualifying them for the position prior to placing them on the ballot. Demoncrats vetted Obama without proof of birth or verification of education. Such irresponsibility should be criminal.

• Furry1993 Ogden, UT
    Feb. 21, 2015 7:09 a.m.

@worf 5:37 p.m. Feb. 19, 2015

Hey GaryO,

You got to admit. My list as a whole, paints a picture.

You need a list for atl134 to comment on.

------------------

The only thing you have proved is that you have in irrational hate for the President and are willing to dissemble to support it. You have provided no credible evidence for anything. Sorry -- until you can provide something credible to support your irrational hatred, there is nothing to discuss and your credibility is, as in several other issues, zero.

• Frozen Fractals Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 21, 2015 12:09 a.m.

@patriot
    "No one is talking about "hating" Mr Obama but we do hate his policies and ideology."

Just about every article about the President, and many that are even remotely connected to him (and some that aren't at all) brings out comments that are just dripping in venom. Don't pretend there isn't a lot of hate regarding this president, right in this discussion people are comparing him to mass murderers.

• 1aggie SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 11:31 p.m.

How can one tell if someone loves America or not?

How about instead of going to work for a major law firm, (after being the president of the Harvard Law Review), one decides to dedicate his life to public service at a fraction of the salary and twice the number of working hours?

What a ridiculous issue for small minds.

Later, Guliani said he didn't want to retract what he said and then in the same breath claimed he wasn't questioning Obama's patriotism.
    ???

• pickmerg gunnison, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 9:52 p.m.

Obama is what he is and true to how he was raised.

• 1conservative WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 5:39 p.m.

"Utefan59" Is that why so many democrats lost in 2014?

• jasonlivy Orem, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 4:29 p.m.

Utefan59

"Giuliani....spreading hatred 24/7...hypocrite! And the GOP wonders why their approval ratings are lower than they've been in history."

Case in point...

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 4:17 p.m.

@Patriot
    I will cite one clear fact to support my claim that BO's values are like the majority of Americans that is beyond dispute.
    2012 Election Results
    Barrack Obama 65mm votes 51.1% of the electorate
    Mitt Romney 60mm votes 47.2% of the electorate.
    Seems Barrack got the 47% Mitt predicated and another 4% of swing voters who did not "think" like Mitt.

• jasonlivy Orem, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 2:50 p.m.

It's interesting...

After reading these comments, it's apparent the liberals are desperately trying to marginalize the conservatives. Liberals are striving (and failing) to show how shallow and incompetent conservatives are by calling them names and pointing and mocking. What I don't see from the liberal comments are anything concrete. I don't see any evidence of Obama's love for the country. I would ask, what has he done that shows his devotion to the Constitution and the principles of democracy that has made this country great? Where is his demonstration of American Exeptionalism? Where is his defense of democracy and his praising of our Judaea-Christian values?

The facts are far louder than any mocking that can come from the left. These facts demonstrate that Obama has issue with how America was formed, how it has conducted itself throughout it's history, and that there needs to be a fundamental change to our Constitution. He's not proud of America. He wants to love it, but he still feels ashamed of it. He knows that America can be a force for good if it follows his ideology.

We must see the truth for what it is.

• FDRfan Sugar City, ID
    Feb. 20, 2015 2:45 p.m.

is not Giuliani Talking about the top 10%? That was who he was talking to. It is a different America to them.

• Blue Bolshevik Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 2:02 p.m.

The Republican Party loves America as much as the National Party loved apartheid South Africa.

• ordinaryfolks seattle, WA
    Feb. 20, 2015 1:39 p.m.

This is an entirely manufactured "crisis".

Mr Guiliani is long out of office, and quite irrelevant to our nation's politics. Out of frustration, he utter inanities on a variety of subjects. His opportunity to get back into the game of punditry and relevance.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 1:31 p.m.

re:Frozen Fractals

No one is talking about "hating" Mr Obama but we do hate his policies and ideology. I'm sure he is a fine father and husband and I am told his left handed jump shot isn't too bad either but .... he is just a terrible shallow leader.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 1:29 p.m.

re:FT

"He looks, was raised and thinks like the majority of Americans" ???

Say what? I beg to differ sir. The man does NOT think like the majority of Americans unless you think that most Americans believe in Socialism and wealth redistribution and most Americans believe in the hateful anti-American profanity proclaimed on a regular basis by Barack's minister Jeremiah Wright and most Americans don't believe we are at war with radical Islam and most Americans believe that they didn't build their business but rather the fed government made it all happen and the list goes on.... I think you are soundly outnumbered.

No Barack does NOT think like most Americans and that is the why today even far left MSNBC has turned against Barack in his "word games" with Islamic Terrorist nonsense. The November mid-terms said it all - Barack and his policies were rejected.

I don't have to dig only a few inches to find plenty of facts sir. How about you?

• Vanceone Provo, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 1:24 p.m.

And yet, no one has offered any proof that Obama loves America. Concrete actions, I mean. There's a ton of evidence that he doesn't, starting with his insistence that we become Stalinist Russia. Or I suppose he'd be okay with Mao's China. May Pol Pot's Cambodia, or Castro's Cuba.

Most of those here defending Obama slavishly also want America to be like North Korea or other hellholes around the world that are infested by left wing idiocy.

Does Obama love an America that prides individualism, honors rugged independence and a "I can take care of myself" attitude? Everything about the man demonstrates he hates the idea vehemently. He hates the idea of Americans worshipping God and helping others out with nary a FEMA worker around.

Does Obama love America? Yes, if America is enslaved to government; to systems of ideology that hate free speech and self reliance. From his celebration of rioting (Ferguson) to grand apology tours on behalf of people who behead others, the man is completely foreign to anything worth calling America.

• Dan Maloy Enid, OK
    Feb. 20, 2015 1:19 p.m.

So, posters like "GaryO" can openly criticize Republicans by claiming that they are, in essence, hateful (and by extension, therefore stupid), and yet I can't say that Obama does not love America by offering proof of that by simply saying "look at what he has done"? I don't care what Obama says, I care what he has DONE. As further proof of Obama's anti-American ideology, I simply say (again) go watch "2016: Obama's America". It lays out with perfect clarity who raised Obama as a child and who influenced him as a teenager and as a young man and what values THEY had. I'll give you a hit: they did not cherish America. Don't believe me? Go watch the documentary yourself. Then go get on the web and do some honest digging. You won't have to look far.

Simply put, no one can love what they do not understand. Put another way, no one can value what they do not understand. Not you, not me, not Obama.

And, based on Obama's actions, I join with Giuliani in saying that our President does not love America.

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 12:43 p.m.

@Patriot
    I would suggest adhering to the rules of "holes" and to stop digging. What you're saying is he's not like me or others that were Presidents before him. He looks, was raised and thinks like the majority of Americans. We have elections every 4 years to determine that.

• RedShirtUofU Andoria, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 12:35 p.m.

To "Baccus0902" but everything you claim that Liberals like is a lie.

"Patriotism is making The United States a great country for ALL its citizens, not only for a few." then why do liberal policies only benefit the rich, and the illegal. The middle class has shrunk under Obama.

"Patriotism is living what President John Kennedy ( a Democrat)said about "thinking in what we can do for our country and not what our country can do for us"." Then why do liberal politicians run on a platform of government handouts?

"Patriotism is making sure that all children have access to the very best public education our country can provide." Then why support CC, which is destroying education?

"Patriotism is to be opposed to a staus quo that allows the richest country in the world spent trillion dollars in weapons while some of our children and elderly go hungry." Then why do liberals justify their policies saying that we need to be like everybody else (the status quo)?

"Patriotism thing is to feed the hungry and fight against poverty." Is that why welfare rolls have increased the most under Obama along with Poverty rates?

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 12:09 p.m.

re:Baccus0902

1. You say Mr Obama is not a Socialist. Well you are right - he isn't a "registered Socialist" however the key-stones to his ideology are ALL foundational to core Socialism including wealth redistribution. Mr Obama is the first modern president from Kennedy to Bush who preaches core wealth redistribution with no apology. Obamacare is the vehicle to achieve a Socialist state and Ronald Reagan warned of this very thing near 50 years ago. His addiction to BIG government - big brother control of our lives - weakened state power - sky rocketing taxes (including Obamacare) all shout socialism and I suspect a national poll would show most Americans agree.
    2.Yes all-american boy. Jack Kennedy, Jimmy Carter , George Bush all served with distinction in the US military. All presidents from Kennedy to Bush were born , raised and invested emotionally in America from its founding to the present. All except Barack. His influence came from Communists like Frank Marshall Davis and America haters Jeremiah Wright and terrorists Bill" Ayers. Barack was not all-american but rather un-american in his upbringing.

It is painfully simple for those who care to see !

• Steve C. Warren WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 11:46 a.m.

Mr. Giuliani's comments, when stripped of the veneer, simply are a way of saying to the President: I'm better than you are.

For a closer look at how good Mr. Giuliani is, check out his Wiki biography with particular attention to the section "Marriages and relationships" and compare that to President Obama's relationship with his wife and family.

• Frozen Fractals Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 10:30 a.m.

You all do realize that if you hate President Obama and if disagreeing with Netanyahu means hating Israel, that by that logic that means you all hate America.

(See how silly this game is?).

• Baccus0902 Leesburg, VA
    Feb. 20, 2015 10:29 a.m.

@ Patriot
    "Mr Obama I believe wants to transform America - by his own admission - into a Socialist - like state as in Europe. Remember Barack didn't grow up an all-American boy in traditional America and that influence shows."

Dear Patriot, I do not believe in Marxism but I do believe in Socialism as an ideal. I wish someday the U.S.A. becomes "like state as in Europe". Even though I love and support President Obama, I will not lie for him. He is not a socialist.

Regarding your second sentence there: Please do tell how grows an all-AMerican boy in traditional America. I have been looking for the all-American Manual. It must be out of print, I have not been able to find it. But, I am sure your definition is the correct one, so please share with me/us.

I saw a Guliani's interview at Fox about his comments, he was aked if he wanted to retract. He said he wanted to repeat it. His thought process seems to be painfully simple. Is he representative of the leaders of the far right?

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 9:48 a.m.

I wouldn't have used the words that Giuliani used. Actually I think love of country is too strong for any president. I will say this however....

It is clear to any American who understands even basic history that all modern presidents from Kennedy to Bush all had deep respect and appreciation for the founding of America, its constitution and bill of rights and its wars and role in the world from the Revolutionary War through WWII and onto the Gulf Wars. The only exception to this is Barack Obama. Barack Obama is the ONLY president I can honestly say that does NOT have the same appreciation or respect of America that these past modern presidents have had. I won't say Mr Obama hates America but I can't say honestly that he respects or appreciates America either. This is a first in my life time to have such a president and first lady with this sort of confusing dedication to America. Mr Obama I believe wants to transform America - by his own admission - into a Socialist - like state as in Europe. Remember Barack didn't grow up an all-American boy in traditional America and that influence shows.

• Mr. Investigator South Jordan, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 9:40 a.m.

I'm just glad it wasn't another pro-Romney ad from the Deseret News!!

• george of the jungle goshen, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 9:24 a.m.

Honesty is the best policy. the current commander and chief is careless. He couldn't care less.

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 9:00 a.m.

So many of these comments illustrate how shallow and superficual some of us are. Barrack is a great American who has committed much of his life to helping his fellow citizens. Some may not agree with his politics, or his vision for the role of government but he's sacrificed a lot for this country. To say otherwise is nothing but partisan hyperbole. Upon GWB leaving office, I was one of the 75% of Americans who thought he did a terrible job and that he hurt our country and the world with his actions but I did not hear his critics questioning his love of country. Outside of the small audience that attracts Fox and talk radio supporters few people question Barrack's love of America.

• Stormwalker Cleveland , OH
    Feb. 20, 2015 8:14 a.m.

Mr. Obama would be a true patriot if he'd founded a company to export American jobs to China while paying handsome dividends to the 1%. Also if he was Republican. And white. And wore a little flag pin on his suit. Because those are the things real patriots do.

• Trainman Ivins, UT
    Feb. 20, 2015 7:19 a.m.

Excellent responses, I would only add that if lack of jobs is responsible for terrorism, then we should be producing as many terrorists as any third world country. He has single handedly destroyed work in this country. So where are all our american terrorists.

• Itsjstmeagain Merritt Island, Fl
    Feb. 20, 2015 7:18 a.m.

In my work and travels, I had business with several Muslim Countries as well as European. The day after 9/11 I received emails from members of the military in Egypt and Turkey, sending condolences and affirming that these people were not true believers.
    I received nothing from others.
    The comments here are simply hate.

• OHBU Columbus, OH
    Feb. 20, 2015 1:24 a.m.

"You don't want to fundamentally transform something you love."

Hmmm, well I guess Abraham Lincoln didn't love this country either, because he set out to fundamentally transform it in a most profound manner.

He was willing to point out the country's faults and attempted to fix them. That doesn't mean he hates the country, but that he sees room for improvement.

It's kind of weird, as voters we've become so accustomed to pandering and back-patting that we can't even understand when someone points out a problem that needs addressing, without calling out their patriotism.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Feb. 20, 2015 12:35 a.m.

Irony Guy- you can measure love by the actions of people.

Baccus0902- People decide what's right for themselves. Not liberals. Taking money from working people for the sake of helping others is theft, and a reflection of corrupt leaders.

After a natural disaster, many people give money, and their time to helping others. They don't need to be forced by a liberal into helping.

Do you see our commander giving up just one vacation to helping victims of a hurricane?

• Sanefan Wellsville, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 11:06 p.m.

@ Baccus0902,

You have to be kidding. Please don't compare Obama to Kennedy, that is an insult to every American. Obama is the antithesis of Kennedy. Obama's motto, "don't ask what you can do for your country but expect your country to do everything for you." He is the King of the entitlement and dependency class; the greatest slavery of all.

• Sanefan Wellsville, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 11:01 p.m.

Wow, alt134 claims worf distorts the fact. That is the "pot calling the kettle black." I don't know what Obama feels for this country. I do know that he stated time and time again that he wanted to fundamentally change this country. Look up fundamental. Those statement say a lot about what he thinks about this country. It really doesn't matter though, he will go down in history as the worst president this country ever had. Worse that Buchanan, worse than carter, worse than Wilson; now that takes real incompetence.

• CHS 85 Sandy, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 9:57 p.m.

@DN Subscriber

"And as a result we have a President in his second term who really does not demonstrate any love for our country."

So what in your estimation is the appropriate amount of "love" to show? This is such a ludicrous argument. You (and I) have no way to determine how much a person loves this country. I love this country. I spent most of my adult life in it's service. Is that showing the proper amount of love? Or is empty rhetoric the way to show your love for the country? Is putting on blinders to our imperfect history inappropriate?

• Irony Guy Bountiful, Utah
    Feb. 19, 2015 9:50 p.m.

Unlike Mr. Giuliani, I am not a mind reader, so I cannot judge the extent to which Mr. Obama loves his country. Giuliani must have unusual psychic powers unavailable to the rest of us.

However, I do think Obama loves America enough to want to serve her as best he can, to want to face the reality she faces and rescue her from the horrors of torture and economic collapse and bloody useless wars that his predecessor inflicted upon her.

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 9:30 p.m.

Wow. Just, wow!

Obama's defenders are proof that "You can fool some of the people all the time." At least Obama has them fooled.

The scary thing is not that Giuliani spoke the truth, but that so many people are so misinformed, uninformed, or blind to facts that they dispute it. Worse, they vote. And as a result we have a President in his second term who really does not demonstrate any love for our country.

• Interloper Portland, OR
    Feb. 19, 2015 9:23 p.m.

Barack Obama values the positive aspects of this country, as do I. But, he is unwilling to put on the blinders that ignore the real history of it.

As a person of color and a woman, I will not pretend that my and my family's experience of being American is the same as Bill Clinton's or Rudolph Guiliani's. My grandfather was in a 'colored' regiment in World War II, and not allowed the privileges German POWs were. Two of my uncles fought in the Korean War and then had to fight to prevent being denied veterans' benefits in North Carolina. I was among the first integrators of elementary schools there and paid the price in abuse. Even today. my father's side of the family, the Lumbees, are denied federal recognition as an Indian tribe. This is reality and taunting from the likes of Guiliani should not prevent us facing it.

• Baccus0902 Leesburg, VA
    Feb. 19, 2015 6:56 p.m.

My dear Republican friends,

I am always amused by your perception of what patriotism means. For a clear expose of what is patriotism (the Republican version) please read Worf's post at 3:01

Patriotism for us Liberals in the left is something different:

Patriotism thing is to feed the hungry and fight against poverty.

You Republicans may continue saluting the flag and attending Boys Scout conventions to display your love for the country. We Liberals will continue defending your rights and ours while at the same time we keep on working for social justice for all Americans.

• the greater truth Bountiful, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 6:37 p.m.

You don't want to fundamentally transform something you love. Obama does. He disses every great institution that has built this great country, from the founding fathers to the constitution, from Christianity to the boy scouts, to those who actually built "it".

Where is the love?

• call_me_ishmael ROY, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 6:12 p.m.

I am thankful that Worf, ZuluTime, and Say No to BO have clarified what it means to love America, along with the former Mayor of NYC. Thank you for enlightening me.

• Say No to BO Mapleton, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 5:50 p.m.

Then there was Obama's pastor who CURSED America.
    Did he get up and leave? No. He continued to attend that church and donated money to it for years to come.
    Even when the sermon was exposed to the world, there was no rebuke of him or the message.
    The point became moot when Obama moved to Washington and Rev. Wright retired.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Feb. 19, 2015 5:43 p.m.

@Baccus0902,

Taking money from people to pay insurance for another is not love. It's called theft.

If I stole money from my neighbor to buy groceries, it to is not love.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Feb. 19, 2015 5:37 p.m.

Hey GaryO,

You got to admit. My list as a whole, paints a picture.

You need a list for atl134 to comment on.

• Baccus0902 Leesburg, VA
    Feb. 19, 2015 4:38 p.m.

Oops!
    My 4:23 post: My 3rd point should read: " There were many millions of Americans "without" Health Insurance.

I guess I was blinded by President Obama's Love :-)

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    Feb. 19, 2015 4:31 p.m.

"He [Obama] doesn't love you. And he doesn't love me. He wasn't brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country," said Giuliani
    ______________________________

When I hear politicians say such vicious and abominable things as that, it reminds me of this famous Scarlett O’Hara line from Gone With the Wind. “You've lived in dirt so long you can't understand anything else”

• t702 Las Vegas, NV
    Feb. 19, 2015 4:26 p.m.

GaryO, your list please. It's very telling that you can't name one

• Baccus0902 Leesburg, VA
    Feb. 19, 2015 4:23 p.m.

John 9: 24-25
    "Then again called they (the pharisees)the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
    He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

I don't know if President Obama loves this country or not. I know, however, that:

-The country's economy was destroyed and his administration made it better.
    -Unemployment was around 10% and now is less than 6%
    -There were many millions of Americans with Health Insurance. Thanks to ACA more and more Americans have affordable Health Care.
    - The U.S, was involved in two wars. Now we have more stability and peace
    -The U.S. was the laughing stock of the world. Now, once again the U.S. is a leader in the world.
    - and so much more.

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 4:19 p.m.

"8. Claims, Americans don't create their businesses. Someone else did that."

No, he claimed businesses didn't create the roads and bridges. It's pretty obvious that's what he was referring to when you see or read the full context.

"9. In the name of Christ, Americans had slavery."

It's a fact that slavery was justified at times with Biblical verses. Is it pro-American to deny it?

"10. Refers to America as causing grievances which has led to beheadings/burnings by terrorists."

That's kinda what happens when innocents die in war, their families don't like the people that killed them. Acknowledging it isn't anti-American.

"11. Little to no response, for Americans being beheaded."

We launched air strikes on ISIS in response to that.

"12. Has only attended thirty percent of his staff meetings."

I have no idea if that's true or not or what percentage of them he even should be meeting. Considering your journalistic standards I'm sure context is missing.

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 4:19 p.m.

@worf
    "1. In a speech in England, he apologized for Americas arrogance."

If a parent apologizes for a kid making a mess, does the parent hate the child? (Obviously not a perfect analogy since Obama isn't the nations parent, but still).

"2. Has failed to wear the country flag pin."

Meaningless token gesture.

"3. Skipped Chris Kyles funeral."

Who cares.

"4. Has failed to salute the American flag."

First instance of that I found in a search was a picture of him not saluting it during Hail To the Chief being played, not the national anthem.

"5. Didn't attend the Boy Scout Centennial."

They discriminate against LGBT youth then anyway.

"6. No response to Benghazi"

Called it an act of terror within days.

"7. Didn't go to France to meet world leaders concerning terrorism."

That's not evidence of any hatred for America and he's leading a summit on the matter right now.

• GaryO Virginia Beach, VA
    Feb. 19, 2015 3:57 p.m.

Worf -

Your list of lies, distortions, and insignificant facts from Right Wing Radio aren't any more impressive than a list of lies and distortions, and insignificant facts from anywhere else.

Sure, they are of great importance in Right Wing Land, but in the Real World, they are laughable.

I could illustrate the complete insignificance and falsity of everything you said, but that would extend a dignity to your claims they don't deserve.

• Craig Clark Boulder, CO
    Feb. 19, 2015 3:43 p.m.

Questioning the opposition's love of country is the oldest trick in the game of politics. It's a no-risk gambit and you're not required to prove your charge, not even if you could.

• mcclark Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 3:41 p.m.

Governor Jindal! You take the word of a man who claims there are no go zones in Europe where you have to be a Muslim to get in? A whopper Fox News even admitted was false when they apologized for reporting it? The man who has bankrupted his state?

• Iron Rod Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 3:16 p.m.

I tire of all the ungrounded baseless attacks on President Obama.
    So what was his basis or grounds for saving that President Obama does not love America?

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Feb. 19, 2015 3:01 p.m.

@Hey GaryO!

I'll list some evidence of Obama hating this country, and you can list some evidence of him loving America.

Ready?

1. In a speech in England, he apologized for Americas arrogance.
    2. Has failed to wear the country flag pin.
    3. Skipped Chris Kyles funeral.
    4. Has failed to salute the American flag.
    5. Didn't attend the Boy Scout Centennial.
    6. No response to Benghazi
    7. Didn't go to France to meet world leaders concerning terrorism.
    8. Claims, Americans don't create their businesses. Someone else did that.
    9. In the name of Christ, Americans had slavery.
    11. Little to no response, for Americans being beheaded.
    12. Has only attended thirty percent of his staff meetings.

I honestly hope to be wrong about our commander. Show your evidence.

• CHS 85 Sandy, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 2:38 p.m.

You can only love America if you are a Republican.

• Zulu Time Salt Lake City, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 2:32 p.m.

I agree with what Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz is quoted in the article as having said. Enough is enough. It’s enough for us to point out that President Obama has demonstrated he’s incapable of successfully executing his duties as our commander in chief (like Governor Jindal correctly observed) without having to get into whether or not he loves the country he’s serving so poorly. The former issue is far more vital (and dangerous) to the American people than the latter. I think it’s far worse to be a feckless commander in chief than to not be a patriot. That’s what we should be discussing.

Oh, wait! I guess if I were Obama, I’d prefer to have the country discussing whether or not I’m a patriot and love my country than the terrible job I’m doing as President. So let’s get back to discussing and being outraged over what Governor Giuliani said.

• GaryO Virginia Beach, VA
    Feb. 19, 2015 2:07 p.m.

Giulianni's rhetoric was pretty disgusting, but you've got to remember who is audience was.

He was talking to a bunch of Republicans.

• MapleDon Springville, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 12:47 p.m.

How dare Guiliani accuse the POTUS this way!

Why even now the POTUS has identified the root cause of terrorism...it is the lack of jobs.

Did the POTUS address the beheading of Coptic Christians? Or the burning of dozens of innocent people alive? Well, he is now, kinda. These people just need jobs. Perhaps he could give them some of the jobs currently had by illegal immigrants. Perhaps that's in the works, because he's going to import thousands of Syrians without checking their backgrounds for terrorist activity. And by golly, he's making sure that under his watch, our borders are kept open.

Yes, how dare Guiliani. He's blind to all the good our POTUS is doing.

• PorcupineTree PLEASANT GROVE, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 12:44 p.m.

I would have a hard time figuring out what Mr Obama could do that he isn't already doing to show everyone that he does not love the US.

• Say No to BO Mapleton, UT
    Feb. 19, 2015 12:26 p.m.

How can Guilliani even say that?
    Why, Obama started his first term in office with an international apology tour.
    He doesn't salute the flag.
    Michelle spent the first 40 years of her life ashamed of America.
    Why would anyone think Obama doesn't love America?

• JoCo Ute Grants Pass, OR
    Feb. 19, 2015 12:22 p.m.

Another "my flag pin is bigger than yours" comment from the heart of the Republican party.

• 65TossPowerTrap Salmon, ID
    Feb. 19, 2015 11:45 a.m.

Hey Rudy - stick to playing football at Notre Dame and leave politics to the adults.