Residents want charges for Denver officers who killed teen

• mrjj69 bountiful, UT
    Jan. 28, 2015 3:43 p.m.

another criminal assaulting a police officer, and they want the cop charged??

• Utah Keith Roy, UT
    Jan. 28, 2015 11:41 a.m.

I don't know all the details, but let's go with what we know so far. A girl Steals a car, hits a cop, and another cop fires a gun at the car potentially at the driver and the driver (a 16 year old car thief) is killed? Now a group of "residents" want charges filed against the officers who took part in the apprehension of the car thief who was killed after injuring and potentially killing a police officer trying to stop the car?
    This makes perfect sense to me if I lived in the wild west, and the "deputies" were thugs who shot and killed the Maria Garcia the inn-keeper's daughter who was walking home from a barn stomp, because she was being escorted home innocently after 10:00 p.m. Then this would make perfect sense to me, charge the deputies of course, but this girl STOLE a car, hit an officer and was still going! What did she think would happen? The goal was to stop the car, get the driver! Unfortunately, they got the driver, who may have had run in's before with police?

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Jan. 27, 2015 6:55 p.m.

Glad we have police officers doing their jobs, and protecting the people.

• jjallred Kaysville, UT
    Jan. 27, 2015 4:47 p.m.

People have got to change their attitude. When the people stand up for people who do wrong, steal a car and the try to hit and maybe kill a policeman, they are really saying, it is right to steal, etc. If they were doing good things and being law abiding people they would have no reason for the police to be after them. We are getting to the point that people are saying: the wrong is right and the right is wrong. We are getting out of step. They think every one is out of step but them. I can do the wrong things and don't have to pay a penalty.

• Johnnyoh! ,
    Jan. 27, 2015 4:32 p.m.

"A house divided cannot stand" Abraham Lincoln
    We as a country better come together, our police system is under attack, not that they are all free of faults, but they have a tough job, someone in a stolen car comes at me and my family and tries to run us down, if I had a cc permit and a gun on me, I would do just as this officer did.
    Since the presidential election 2008 we have steadily gone down hill on relations between the minorities and the police, but worse yet over the last twenty years, we have made a victim society, everyone seems to sense they are a victim of something, it is time for some tough love in this country, enough of this pandering of the minorities,just obey the law ands if you don't, you pay the consequences'

• Sneaky Jimmy Bay Area, CA
    Jan. 27, 2015 4:10 p.m.

I'm trying to look at all sides here. It certainly depends on the circumstances but if I felt my life was in danger, firing at the driver is a natural response. What would be the proper response by law enforcement personnel?

• BostonLDS Salt lake City, UT
    Jan. 27, 2015 3:13 p.m.

Really?! She hit and injured a police officer with a stolen car. The cop shouldn't be charged. He was protecting his life. Good grief, do something better with your time people, instead of defending violent criminals. I hear Volunteers of America, Colorado is looking for volunteers.