Looking behind, ahead at Utah's schedule after the Utes' loss to Oregon

• Ute Bird Mascot Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 11, 2014 9:13 a.m.

@co ute

Tied for fifth in the SEC West?

Um, I am going to have they are not competing for a conference title either.

Are you suggesting that they are?

• CO Ute PARKER, CO
    Nov. 10, 2014 9:39 p.m.

@utebirdmascot - Texas A&M and LSU are tied for 5th in the SEC West. I guess they can't compete either. Of course both Utah and LSU are nationally ranked with three losses so maybe they can compete after all.

• lefty200 kaysville, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 8:15 p.m.

nobody feels worse about the drop, than Clay himself. It wasn't the drop that beat Utah. It was their offensive lineman.. tackles mainly that won't run block or pass block. The have a first class ticket to watching the game from on the field. Watch them play, you'll see them standup and let the defensive line run by them, and either sack the QB or tackle the running back. I wouldn't give up that position either if I could watch the game from on the field. They've got good seats, why block and protect, might get hurt... better to watch than hit someone. Same problem last year. Things haven't changed much..

• CougOrUte..Naah Nibley, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 8:12 p.m.

Utes are 6-3, to me it looks like they will end up 8-4, unless they really choke. They should end up in a decent bowl, setting the stage for a really nice run next year. Whether I like it or not I have to admit they are a P5 team. I congratulate their coaches and administration on making the correct choice by joining the PAC 12. Definiinately a program on the rise. My only complaint is their fans who post on the Utah articles with the sole purpose of denigrating USU and BYU. I would think that fans who support a class institution like the UofU would want to reflect that same class in their posts. Congratulation on your success this year, expecting even a better one next year.

• Ute Bird Mascot Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 3:29 p.m.

@FT

I have been watching.

5th in the PAC.

Have you been watching?

Just read my comments. I have no idea why you feel the need to argue that...

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 2:44 p.m.

@Ute Bird Mascot
    You're obviously not a Ute fan or following the PAC 12. The Utes are relevant and competive. If you can't acknowledge that you have not been watching.

• Ute Bird Mascot Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 2:26 p.m.

@Brave Sir Bird and FT

Who brought up BYU?

You both did, no one else. FT, moved on yet? Or still obsessed?

My point is that the Utes aren't competitive in their conference. And anyone who mentions it is a BYU fan?

I just find it sad that Utah is having a banner year, with one of the defenses in the country, and still finds themselves in 5th place. Utah will never be relevant with Whit as coach (And BYU with Bronco down in Prove for that matter).

• Ken Sandy, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 1:45 p.m.

FT, I agree that 2016 will be the final time. And I'm hoping the P5 make it definitive by all agreeing to never play mid majors ever again. The premier P5 programs have established ourselves as the best programs in the nation and its time to make a formal separation and banish them from our realm. P5 conferences, lets just get together and finalize it and only play each other.

• Utehaterforlife West Valley, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 1:45 p.m.

Once Whittingham is fired, I will start cheering for Utah.

• FT salt lake city, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 1:28 p.m.

Memo to Ute fans. Disregard the BYU posters on all the Utah articles. Chris Hill, Kyle and the overwhelming majority of Utes have moved on, without BYU attached to their coatttails. I would not be suprised if the 2016 game in Provo is the last time the Utes ever travel to play BYU. The game may be fun for a few fans living in the past but the future of college football is quite clear. The Utes are traveling on the right side of the road, with traffic, at a high speed and should pay no attention to the local hitchikers who need a lift.

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    Nov. 10, 2014 12:54 p.m.

@Ute Bird Mascot

How's BYU's conference championship battle going? You guys bowl eligible yet?

• Ute Bird Mascot Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 12:35 p.m.

@Hadley

Not bad for the 5th place team in the PAC South out of 6 teams...

Utah also lost to Colorado a few years back. Past results have nothing to do with future performance.

Utah has played much better than anyone could have dreamed, except Chris B, and still stuck in 5th place.

Utah! Fifth place, and proud to be!

• Where is Hadley? Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 10, 2014 12:04 p.m.

Nothing but bright things ahead for this proud Pac 12 program. We beat Stanford last year, and they were much better last year.