Eagle Forum convention participants show aligned objectives

• Lifelong Republican Orem, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 11:26 a.m.

LOL at the first three comments.

Good to see one candidate organizing his commenters for the Dnews.

• no fit in SG St.George, Utah
    Jan. 15, 2012 9:47 a.m.

I have soooo been missing the latest about this group!

• Instereo Eureka, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 9:30 a.m.

When I heard people talk about returning to founding principles, I wonder what principles they are really talking about. The ones before 1787 or after. The ones that didn't address slavery as an issue or the ones that went to war over it calling it a matter of states rights, the one that set up a national bank (during Washington's administration) or the one that took it away (during Jackson's administration), the one that established a navy and standing army (during Washington and Adams administration) or the ones that fought against it (as in Jefferson and Madison), or the ones that had a constitutional convention behind closed doors or the one that compromised behind closed doors to establish a working document. One thing I do know is the founding principles talked about by the Eagle Forum and those that side with them are not the same founding principles that I see our country needing to work on. When the constitution starts with "We the People...." we need to consider how our country now has a much wider and more diverse group of people to represent and we need to represent them.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 15, 2012 9:20 a.m.

I just wish the Eagle Forum was more conservative. I'm not sure they really represent Utah's values.

• CalCooli Draper, UT
    Jan. 14, 2012 10:03 p.m.

I've never met a politician as honest, trustworthy or as high caliber as Morgan Philpot. He is a true statesman through and through, he gets it!

• adamgalepolitics LA VERKIN, UT
    Jan. 14, 2012 9:41 p.m.

Morgan Philpot is a word is your bond kind of guy. He'll stand up for the right things, even in the face of overwhelming odds. He will bring Utah in above budget, and get us completely out of the red. A vote for Morgan is a vote for restoring us back to our founding principles.

• Constitutional_Conservative CEDAR CITY, UT
    Jan. 14, 2012 9:10 p.m.

Morgan Philpot is a very strong fiscal conservative. He has incredible plans to make Utah the #1 state in the nation and will follow through on them. He's a strong supporter and fighter of states rights and will fight for Utah when it comes to the federal government land issue in Utah. Please take the time to meet Morgan today, ask your questions and learn more. I promise you will realize this is the candidate you will bring change to Utah and make a huge positive impact!