Archuleta ushers in sounds of Christmas

• cathy
    Nov. 27, 2009 9:04 p.m.

I attended David's Tuesday night show and it was amazing! My sister and I (both in our 40's) and my 12 year niece were there and all 3 of us were up and dancing & screaming during his performance of "Zero Gravity", "Crush" & "A Little To Not Over You". I loved the middle set when he sang "Field of Gold" & "Prayers of the Children". Those songs were so beautiful. Then when he sang his Christmas songs the mood of the entire building changed. His singing was spectacular. The performance with his mother while singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Cristmas" was so sweet! David Archuleta is a true talent!!

• patti
    Nov. 26, 2009 8:14 p.m.

I attended both shows and believe me when I say that it was indescribable!! I love Rich, really I do, who commented above about all the "tweenies" screaming and dancing----but he needs to know that it isn't all the "tweenies" doing the screaming and dancing. Just a little heads up on that score:) Anyway, if you were not able to go, please head to YouTube and watch all of his performances---especially the duet with his mother on the first night when they both cry at the end. Priceless. David's performances at Abravanel Hall were incredible. Thanks for the great review.

• lara
    Nov. 26, 2009 11:58 a.m.

goodluck, we sent to songwriting. to me ok .

• Miss Vick
    Nov. 26, 2009 10:06 a.m.

Oh, my heck.... I can't wait to see David in Baltimore.................Love ya David!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kathy
    Nov. 26, 2009 10:05 a.m.

I can barely contain myself to prepare the days meal! Oh my heck! David and the symphony tomorrow! I can't wait! :-)

• Rich
    Nov. 26, 2009 10:04 a.m.

I was there last night. I was impressed that he can sing different kinds of music and sound good in all of them. I'm glad my wife invited me to the concert. The first set was for the tweenies who were in front of me dancing their booties off. I wished they would have sat down and just danced in their seats and reserved their screaming after the songs were over. It was at the Abravanel Hall after all. People are supposed to act dignified, right? Haha, of course the tweenies can't be denied the time of their lives. But I really, really had a great time. His performance during his (second) Christmas set showed he is also cut out to be a classical artist just like Michael Buble aside from being a pop artist who can make girls scream "I love you!" and "I love you more!"

• jess
    Nov. 26, 2009 9:52 a.m.

both of the SLC shows were amazing. loved every minute of it.

• alice
    Nov. 26, 2009 9:30 a.m.

david is simply the best. when he sings o holy night and ave maria all i can say is bravo david, bravo.

• lisa
    Nov. 26, 2009 8:45 a.m.

David's Christmas concert is amazing, the set, the lights and the VOICE, WOW, just WOW, rock on David!!!

• Debbie
    Nov. 26, 2009 7:59 a.m.

Sounds like an amazing show! I have tickets for the show in Boston next month, and the wait is torture after reading this review!
    I've seen David perform but looking forward to seeing Benton for the first time. :)

• DA Fan
    Nov. 26, 2009 12:10 a.m.

I enjoyed this review and wish I had gone to Archuleta's concert again tonight (I went the first night and it was magical). For want of a better word, I was "gobsmacked" by the stunning beauty of David's voice - the voice of an angel. I have been a huge Archuleta fan since he sang Shop Around on American Idol and have been to two of his concerts in addition to watching countless other performances on YouTube. As fantastic as they were, this Christmas concert was truly something very special.

If you haven't yet listened to David's new CD, Christmas from the Heart, I would highly recommend it.