New comic is a lighthearted look at family life in the U.S. military

• Aubrielle
    Nov. 5, 2009 11:03 a.m.

Hey people? What is wrong with you? Don't you have any respect for Paul Jon? Seriously! He's just trying out new strip based on his life from when he was a kid. I for one, happen to enjoy the strip and I'm 17 years old! If you guys dare try and get rid of this new comic strip, I'll sue you all so hard, you'll be running home crying to your mommys with tears of blood! Stay away from that strip! It's the only one I enjoy reading in the comics.
    Every day I open up the comics in the paper and look for the Fort Knox comic strip so I can have a good laugh!

• Armando
    Oct. 6, 2009 2:52 p.m.

Is there anyone who really cares for Beetle Bailey? I didn't think so. I'm happy with a strip about a military family - because I grew up in one!

• Steve
    Oct. 6, 2009 1:15 p.m.

Beetle Bailey wasn't funny back in the Vietnam era, either. I don't think it's been funny since the Korean War, when it started. I'd support the idea of swapping out a strip that is supposed to be about the army and isn't for a strip that is supposed to be about the army and is.

Lio is creative and entertaining. Can't say that about ol' Beetle.

• Kent
    Oct. 6, 2009 12:39 p.m.

I'm not saying we don't need new comics from time to time, but wWe couldn't lose F Minus instead?

• S. LaFond
    Oct. 6, 2009 5:03 a.m.

Lio was a one-joke strip, and got tired quickly. While the same can be said for several of the others on the page, I'm glad you didn't replace a really good comic like Deflocked or Cul de Sac. Both of which make me laugh out loud most days.

• Rusty
    Oct. 5, 2009 10:44 p.m.

I would have rather much seen Deflocked go away than Lio.

• Cathi
    Oct. 5, 2009 8:46 p.m.

I like Fort Knox!

• JT
    Oct. 5, 2009 5:34 p.m.

Dropping Lio is a travesty! Very few comics make me laugh out loud, but Lio was one of them. Can't say the same about Fort Knox.

• Mason
    Oct. 5, 2009 3:45 p.m.

I like seeign new strips, but not at the expense of THE BEST strip you had in the paper. Please bring LIO back ASAP! Thank you in advance.

• Dan Bethers
    Oct. 5, 2009 3:33 p.m.

I'm actually excited by the prospect of Fort Knox. I say give it a chance. I agree, though, that Beetle Bailey should go as well as BC. Change is good!

• Zadruga Guy
    Oct. 5, 2009 1:50 p.m.

It makes no sense to get rid of Lio when there are comic strips that have been brain dead for years. Lio was always creative and funny. I cannot imagine that I will like Fort Knox better than Lio.

My suggestion for a strip to pull to make room for Fort Knox is Beetle Bailey. How many times can the same tired jokes get repeated OVER AND OVER? Beetle Bailey might have been funny back in the Vietnam era but it has far outlived its reason for being. Put the poor strip out of its misery.

Dennis the Menace would be another strip I would send to the firing squad. Or how about Garfield--all nine lives got used up long ago? BC is also way past its "use by" date.

• Alicia Smalls
    Oct. 5, 2009 1:27 p.m.

Why would you get rid of Lio? It was one of the best strips in your paper! Original and clever! Nothing else like it! What is wrong with newspaper editors these days?

• Robert Pexton
    Oct. 5, 2009 10:52 a.m.

Lio was one of the few comics I read. The others I never miss are Pickles, Baby Blues, Crankshaft, Mallard Fillmore, Cul de Sac, Wizard of Id. All the rest you could have replaced with Fort Knox. However so far, I'm not impressed with Fort Knox. Bring back Lio.

• Aurora
    Oct. 5, 2009 10:45 a.m.

I'm very sorry to see Lio go. My 8-year-old nephew and I enjoyed reading it together.

• Why replace Lio?
    Oct. 5, 2009 10:07 a.m.

Lio's fairly original and unique. FK looks to be like everything else out there.

• Robert
    Oct. 5, 2009 9:28 a.m.

Fort Knox is great! I grew up in a military family and it's wonderful to let the rest of the world in on what it was like to grow up on military bases!

• Bummer
    Oct. 5, 2009 7:49 a.m.

Lio was my favorite comic.

• A reader
    Oct. 4, 2009 10:12 p.m.

If we can't view the comics online, on the DN website,

then what is point of posting stories about them online?