Green Day packs a pyrotechnic punch

• Justin
    Jan. 10, 2010 10:58 a.m.

I had so much fun that night!! My voice was gone but so worth the show!! If Green Day don't come to Salt Lake in 2010 I guess I'm packing my bags to go see them!! GO GREEN DAY!!

• Stephanie
    Oct. 14, 2009 12:56 p.m.

Does anyone know when Green Day last played at the Canyons in Park City Utah?

• F U Motab
    Sept. 21, 2009 4:24 p.m.

the concert was even better then the MTC. everytime i listen to that it puts me to sleep how is the uplifting. This got me up off my feet and made me loose my concert virginity. Go Green Day.

• grd09
    Sept. 1, 2009 5:44 a.m.

Scale back audience participation?! Are you one of those people that actually sits down during a rock show?! Audience participation is what makes it fun!!! The show was simply amazing.

• E!!i
    Aug. 28, 2009 12:33 a.m.

I will go to a Green Day concert in Cologne on October 5. I'm so happy about it!

• nancy
    Aug. 27, 2009 11:55 p.m.

I was suppose to see them in 2001 for warning, had to cancel! 8 years of pent up waiting;finally 9 years later and oh man I couldn't move my neck for a few days I was banging and dancing and who know what else all night!!! I forgot I was 42 not 24 yikes!! Love them, love them, love them. I get so many feelings and memories when I hear old and new songs, but seeing them live will live forever in my happy day memories!!! Go green day!!!!If I win the lottery they better be ready to play a private party or two for sure!!!

• Green Day Fan
    Aug. 21, 2009 12:09 p.m.

I don't think I've experienced anything quite like a Green Day concert. I've seen them twice now at the Delta Center and both times it's been 2 and a half hours of non-stop energy. Thanks you Green Day. Come again!

• Chris
    Aug. 21, 2009 9:38 a.m.

I am so glad i went to the concert. Best one I ever went to. I loved how they included the audience and didn't just sing to us...... We drove from Boise and had a great trip

• kelly schueler
    Aug. 21, 2009 7:06 a.m.

Best concert I have EVER been to, and I cam all the way from New York to see it with my Utah friends! My daughter is a second generation Green Day fan, and attended from New York as well!

• j1
    Aug. 20, 2009 8:43 a.m.

one of the best shows I have seen.

• Awesome show
    Aug. 19, 2009 4:40 p.m.

Franz Ferdinand was good but had little time. Green day was a great show. They played for a very long time which is awesome. Great Show!!!

• ..sigh...
    Aug. 18, 2009 8:06 p.m.

I used to be a HUGE, HUGE Green Day fan. Back when they wrote music about nothing, they were great. Walking Contradiction, She, Geek Stink Breath, Scattered, that was when they were great.
    Now they force their political garbage down everyone's throat and have become so mainstream, it's just obnoxious.
    To the supposed "new generation of punk": you have a LONG, LONG, way to go, if you figure Franz Ferdinand and Green Day at the Energey Solutions arena is a punk show.
    I remember going to club dv8 with about 50 other sweaty disgusting teens, and moshing to real punk shows: pennywise, face to face, no use for a name, strung out....
    Where have all the punk bands gone? Now it's just a bunch of whiny, make-up wearing (yes, you too green day), wimps.

• Jami
    Aug. 18, 2009 7:56 p.m.

that show was amazing.

• Green Day Girl
    Aug. 18, 2009 6:12 p.m.

Of course Green Day is still playing!!!

• anon
    Aug. 18, 2009 9:37 a.m.

Awesome concert! Only complaint is I wish they had a big screen on the band the whole time. I would have liked to see more close-ups of the band. They only put the big screen on the band a few times. I would prefer seeing the band to the pyro stuff. Other than that GREAT CONCERT!!

• Franz Fan
    Aug. 17, 2009 11:23 p.m.

Didn't make it to the show--how was Franz Ferdinand? They were awesome at the Avalon back in April.

• Red State
    Aug. 17, 2009 9:45 p.m.

Green Day? Those guys are still playing?

• nikea-aussieGDfan
    Aug. 17, 2009 9:24 p.m.

if you got offended by the lyrics..Why listen??
    i agree with FINALLY!
    i think its cute he got his mom onstage,it would have been cute to see tre cool hug billies mom.

• ME
    Aug. 17, 2009 7:33 p.m.

Green Day is the best live show you can see. They get better every time they tour.I love how much he gets the audience involved. He is a very gifted writer and singer. I can't wait for their next album. If certain individuals don't like this kind of music, simply don't listen!!!! Leave the good music for those who love it.

• sugov
    Aug. 17, 2009 5:14 p.m.

sad, they didnt play jesus of suburbia.

• SLCPUNK27
    Aug. 17, 2009 1:16 p.m.

MOTAB... people like you are the reason why the LDS church (and Utah) gets a bad rep!! How about practicing some of that 'acceptance of others' and 'love' the church teaches, instead of judging everyone whose different than you. There's more to life than church...OPEN YOUR MIND AND GET A LIFE!! I've been listening to Green Day since I was 10 (I'm now 22) and it was my first time seeing them. I thought the show was AMAZING and full of energy and good times from start to finish. Green Day definitely knows how to put on a good show, and I love the fact that they got everyone involved! GREEN DAY THANK YOU FOR AN AWESOME NIGHT, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!

• FINALLY!
    Aug. 17, 2009 12:47 p.m.

this was my second time seeing Green Day and they were even better than the first time! in 13 long and boring years of living in Utah this was my first GOOD sunday! THANK YOU GREEN DAY FOR BEING AMAZING MUSICIANS AND BEING AN INSPIRATION TO THE NEW PUNK GENERATION!!! (and to the person who posted the first comment, get a life and try thinking for yourself rather than letting a book tell you what to do)

• B
    Aug. 17, 2009 11:43 a.m.

One of the funnest nights I have had in a long time. Will always be my favorite band and loved sharing that concert with my son that loves them as much as I do. Best concert ever.

• I luv Billy Jo
    Aug. 17, 2009 11:19 a.m.

This concert was so awesome!! There was a very interesting mix of young and old which shows just how great they really are. The lights and pyrotechnics were the best I've ever seen. My favorite parts were the kids that came up on stage to sing and get "saved", and Billy Jo's accoustic finale at the end. That topped it all off for me. Great show!!!!!!

• tysonatthemovies
    Aug. 17, 2009 10:29 a.m.

It was a great concert. The set list was good, the performance of the music was great, the pyrotechnic and display was excellent. Billy Jo Armstrong, the lead singer and frontman, was fun but Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool did not say one word. So basically Green Day = Billy Jo. His crowd antics got a little old.
    Favorite moment: Some dude from Orem got up and sang, some kid got "saved" then jumped into the crowd, Billy Jo's mom came down, Billy Jo played some accoustic,
    Setlist: Mostly 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot, with a few singles off their older albums. A few fun, short covers.
    Opening act(s): Franz Ferdinan

• TAE
    Aug. 17, 2009 8:59 a.m.

I saw them four times this summer and each concert was more edifying and uplifting than the one before it. Thanks, Green Day, from fans that know and love you.

• Proofreader
    Aug. 17, 2009 8:59 a.m.

"Street of Broken Dreams"? Doesn't the D-News at least have a copy editor who listens to something other than the Tabernacle Choir?

• Patrick Gibbs
    Aug. 17, 2009 8:57 a.m.

Is the Motab comment a joke? I don't mean to know them at all - I'm LDS, and I love the Tabernacle Choir. It's great, beautiful music. But there's no need to dismiss every other kind of music as bad becuase it's not them. Admittedly, GREEN DAY was in your face and not for everyone - you would doubtless have been offended by some of the language, some of which was unnescesary and juvenile, but the show was full of positive and . But Armstrong's solo of "Time of Your Life" was the most edifying thing I've heard after one of the hardest and most draining weeks of my life as I spent it in the hopsital with my brother who was undergoing a kidney transplant, and felt brokern down and dead. But I left GREEN DAY feeling energy and a sense of rejuvination, and I felt built up and enriched afterwards. It was exactly what I needed, and I haven't been struck by lightening yet.

Lighten up - if you are really that uptight, what are you doing using something as full of evil influeneces as the internet?

• Kerplunk
    Aug. 17, 2009 8:57 a.m.

Surely, you need a life, Motab.

• TC
    Aug. 17, 2009 8:21 a.m.

I don't know of any other rock band whose music is as edifying, uplifting, and passionate as Green Day. Green Day's music gives people HOPE in this world.

The concert last night was amazing. It was great to see such a diverse crowd.

• The Godfather
    Aug. 17, 2009 7:17 a.m.

Greend Day wsa phenomenal. I am sure the person that posted the first comment was in jest. The best concert of the year!

• Motab
    Aug. 17, 2009 5:03 a.m.

Surely we can find something more edifying and uplifting to listen to than this? The Mormon Tabernacle Choir immediately comes to mind.