Memorial service bids farewell to Michael Jackson

• The king
    July 8, 2009 2:39 p.m.

He is the king of Pop

I didnt like his family "show" @ the memorial, his kids have more exposure that day than ever thanks to the Jackson Family, all that they want is more money and for sure his dead is more money than ever, sorry for Michael and his kids!!!

• m
    July 8, 2009 10:34 a.m.

I have really enjoyed the nostalgic look back we have been given of Micheal's musical past. I do agree he had many physical and emotional issues (I also believe that deep down he had a big heart), but the last few weeks have reminded me what I loved about him - his music. He was an incredibly tallented individual - the likes of which is rarely seen. He had the ability to reach out and touch people for the good.

• SJ
    July 8, 2009 10:33 a.m.

re Anonymous,

You should reread my posts. My comments are directed at those fans who's obsess over their favorite celebrities. Maybe you fall into that category, maybe you don't. I don't know and I really don't care. But all this attention to a guy just because had talent is wrong and just shows how messed up our countries priorities are. He was not royalty (despite the titles the media bestowed upon him). He was simply an entertainer with personal issues that was exploited by those around him and is continued to be exploited by those who call themselves family and friends.

• another Scott in TX
    July 8, 2009 10:25 a.m.

Ok, so can we please get on with life? And to CougarKeith, congresswoman Lee will fight for any space between herself, an audience and a camera. Sorry, she's an embarrassment to us, too.

• Huh?
    July 8, 2009 10:08 a.m.

I just watched Sharpton's speech, and I don't know where you are getting that from, CougarKeith. He was talking about how MJ tore down barriers, and taught us all to love one another-- how is that racist?

• Mike
    July 8, 2009 10:06 a.m.

The City of LA has on it's webiste a place where you can donate to help cover the funeral costs for MJ.
    Let his family pay for it. Or his estate.
    They want the people who made Michael a millionaire to pay for his services? Are they insane?
    The problem is that fools will rush in to contribute.
    Saps....

• Other cougar.
    July 8, 2009 10:02 a.m.

CougarKeith.
    We should embrace humanity. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself". What is wrong with us why we don't accept others. Why we embrace God but fail to accept others. There is something very wrong with upbringing, culture, religion ideas, and personal believes.

• Scott in Texas
    July 8, 2009 9:48 a.m.

I missed the memorial service and have been interested to see the reaction it has created. Michael Jackson's music was everywhere when I was growing up, and I own two of his albums. I feel sad that his life became the circus that it did; he bears responsibility for most of it, but we contributed as well as fans and people who are fascinated by celebrities. I feel sorry for him and the negative impact the weight of celebrity status had on him and his family, but that seems to be a common theme. People with tremendous talent can often be tortured souls who behave in self-destructive ways, which I think describes the majority of our film, television, music and sports stars. I think that history will ultimately be kind to Michael Jackson; his personal life was strange and questionable as seen through the lens of the media, but his talent was indisputable. Years from now, I believe that is all that people will remember.

• CougarKeith
    July 8, 2009 9:22 a.m.

I just hated the fact that so much "Race" was brought into this??? What were Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, that Democratic Congress woman from Texas, and the Kings trying to do??? Insight future riots??? It was despicable! It was ridiculous to have those OBVIOUS RACISTS speak!!! I like Micheal Jackson as much as anyone, and I have nothing AGAINST HIM, but I did have a great deal against some of the speakers! Why??? That's all I want to know, WHY? I did enjoy the closing prayer, it was admirable and authentic!

• SLC gal
    July 8, 2009 9:17 a.m.

For those who think he didn't have a biological kid, get a look at the youngest. The youngest looks just like him!

• I Loved It!
    July 8, 2009 9:03 a.m.

I loved how when Micheal's little girl started to cry at the mic, the family didn't immediately reach for her, they reached for the Microphone to adjust it so she could be heard more clearly "CRYING"??? At least Janet Jackson had some compassion for her! Just like 80% of the rest of the memorial, it turned my stomach!

• To Doesn't Surprise Me
    July 8, 2009 9:01 a.m.

If you read your own comments today, will you see the hate you are spreading? What is with you?

• CougarKeith
    July 8, 2009 8:53 a.m.

The fact is simple, I really will miss Michael Jackson, but this exploitation of him has made me sick! I am frankly SICK OF THE MICHAEL JACKSON story! I personally played his music for 3 days as a "Memorial" to him, and will miss him, but I won't miss Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others who have used him as a Banner for their own "Agendas". I enjoyed his family friend minister's closing prayer very much, HE GOT IT!!! I thank that MAN for not exploiting Michael for his own purpose, he just praised God, thanks, I appreciated that ending to the circus of a memorial/Pro-Black Agenda meeting which it was.

• D Barlow
    July 8, 2009 8:34 a.m.

I watched most of the memorial service quite by accident while I was getting a pedicure. I am so happy to have been in that situation. Thank you for reporting professionally and dignified about the memorial service. I was shocked and thrilled that you mostly stayed positive. Michael Jackson was robbed of many freedoms, experiences, social and academic. I feel fortunate to have watched the memorial. Those we heard from in song and the spoken word know him as a person, and understand the hurdles that popped in his life from outsiders looking in and the media overthe years. These hurdles became higher and higher for Jackson to clear. Stones were easy to throw at Michael Jackson, but why, when he was accomplishing so much good for so many people. Many people need big stones thrown at them, by strangers and maybe, just maybe, they get off of their high horse and will stop judging others that are not as perfect as they think they are. My life has been enriched for forty years by Michael's goodness to others; his singing, dancing, musical creativity and his love and gifts to others. His songs had message, meaning and purpose.

• Joe
    July 8, 2009 8:32 a.m.

Even though I thought he was a creep, I have to admit that he was very talented.

• Sincerity
    July 8, 2009 8:18 a.m.

We are the world. We are the children. We have to leave the world a better place so lets start given.
    Lets give MJ some love, respect, and peace. We are talking about a person who had past away. Why so much hate and judgment. His music inspired the world and created dreams and wanderfull feelings on people. That is what he was sent here to do and he did it. I am wandering about hate and self righteous minds what does it inspire? what does it create?

• Anonymous
    July 8, 2009 7:45 a.m.

You know it is really funny we are all humans and we all make mistakes WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO JUDGE ANYONE?????

ARE YOU SOOOOOOOO PREFECT THAT YOU CAN THROWN STONES AT THIS MAN?????? I think not.

I agree with totally with Rev. Al Sharpton..." Your daddy wasn't strange-what he had to deal with was strange.

I love Michael Jackson, his music helped me to deal with my own problems.
    S.J. and the rest of you my grandmother taught me something she told me if you can't say something nice about someone then keep your MOUTH SHUT!!!!!
    You are not GOD so stop with the JUDGING.

The Good Lord loves everyone NO Matter what!!!!!
    WE all have things in our pass we are not prond of ALL OF US EVEN YOU S.J SO KNOCK IT OFF!!!!

• RE: Sincerity
    July 8, 2009 5:50 a.m.

Sincerity, you certainly don't speak for me, and I hope that you speak for most people. Michael Jackson isn't one of me and I'm not one of him. He was a self -induced aberration, and the feeding frenzy of the public as displayed the last week or so as they have and continue to dote out feelings towards him make me wonder about our society and what we consider to be of real worth. I only hope and pray that the picture being painted of society during this "mourning" is not truly indicative of who we are.

• awsomeron
    July 8, 2009 5:04 a.m.

I would have watched the whole show live.,{ My Grandson had to get his Tonsil Operation Checked). That’s what it was a show and a great one, because most of the people there where honest. They where not attending to be seen or out of Religious Duty or Fear.

They where there out of Love and Respect. You know it was out of love and respect. These are Night People performing at 11AM in the Morning. Billions watched World Wide People of all Races and Colors.

Yes and people bought a lot of stuff, because they wanted to and because people worked 24/7 to get things ready to buy and to the Venders. That is how it works in a free market society, that is how it should work.

It all made for good TV, good ratings and Great Media. Done very well, with much feeling.

The Services where just like they would be for anyone else only bigger with more family and friends.

Michael Jackson was a World ICON, and the World acted accordingly.

The whole thing was just like Michael Jackson, way larger then life, while still loving KFC.

World Wide Grief, yet very Private.

• CP
    July 8, 2009 2:40 a.m.

I really enjoyed Michael Jackson's music and that is what I will remember him by. His songs had great messages. I was really touched by the sincerity of his daughter when she talked of her father. And after reading some comments here either you didn't see it or you have hearts of stone. Now, it makes more sense to me when it says "And a child shall lead them". Think about it.

• Sincerity
    July 7, 2009 11:36 p.m.

Some in Utah may don't like or hate Michael Jackson but guess what..... The world loved him and will keep loving him for ever. He was on of us and we were him.
    We are the children. We are the world.

• I'm so bad
    July 7, 2009 10:10 p.m.

People will immortalized Michael for a few month's and then they will gradually bring out the bad stuff on him again, and bash him until till kingdom come. After we die no matter how bad we are we get a few minutes of forgiveness from others when we are dead. But then after a few months the nasty, gritty, stuff appears all over again. If you're really a bad guy down here, then you're going to be known as a bad forever, and no matter how nice someone else try's to paint a good picture of you. History keep your bad stuff alive and well and very nasty for others to learn about.

• MJs
    July 7, 2009 8:07 p.m.

Anyone for KFC??? The MJs had a thing for it. That was a crack up!

Is everyone done bashing the dead? I'm sure it will happen at your funeral as well.

Just remember - He is also a child of Diety - just as you and I are. So, lay off your fellow brother and let his family heal. Your mortality is showing.

• awsomeron
    July 7, 2009 5:54 p.m.

I have never followed or done anything a so called Star said to do that I did not want to do anyway.

Michael Jackson did not waste his life. He gave the World much and took little.

They Celebrated a Life, and a body of work that covers 40+ years.

He was not in the Box because he made the Boxes want to Dance.

I remember the little boy with the Afro on Ed's Show and I remember just last Monday and all times in between.

I believe his Daughter that "he was the best daddy"

He had some issues we all do, he had perhaps a few more. The Jury said Not Guilty all counts. 1 he paid off. His choice, McDonalds Paid off the Old Lady that put the Coffee in her lap. People are always paying off other people. What was the result of your last Divorce.

His Peers and his fans and some huge heavy hitters honored him today. Money does not buy that kind of love.

His Daughter said "he was the best daddy" Then hugged Aunt Janet. Let it be.

• InAZ
    July 7, 2009 5:21 p.m.

I thought the memorial service was very nice......there were times though when I cringed like when Magic Johnson said he was a better point guard because of Michael Jackson, or when one of the speakers said that we need Michael here but God must have needed him more.

• His own..
    July 7, 2009 4:26 p.m.

He tried his best in his own way! Everyone learnt something from MJ, wheather it is about yourself, others, the environment, sexually etc..i personally feel that he was misunderstood in the mainstream of things,however let the man be,life is too short to be dwelling on negativity,as there is only one judge.
    ..His moon walk still kinda cool!

• JB
    July 7, 2009 4:23 p.m.

My last response didn't get published. I hope this one does.

I do judge situations, we are all supposed to do that. I don't judge people. I said a person's actions were hypocritical to blast Utahns for being critical of Michael Jackson but then call those Utahns freaks.

I have no desire to judge Michael Jackson. But, to those of you who hate groups, whether it be Utahns, Mormons, blacks, gays, Jews, etc. Disagreeing with the beliefs of a certain group is different than hating them. I believe that kind of thinking is wrong. If some of you believe that is being judgmental, then we will have to disagree.

• Ally T
    July 7, 2009 4:11 p.m.

MJ is the singer with the most donations to charity, he married Debbie Rowe so her kids could have a father, she was pregnant when they got married. He had a skin condition called vilitigo, it's lightly noticable through out his pre-white years until he finally had his pigmentation changed. He's a very admirable man even though he's made mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes.Even Mormons. Just respect the guy for what good impact he's made and let him rest in peace. His kids loved him for who he was. Brooke Sheilds called him a "little prince", Usher cried for him and you have to admit, he was a good man aside from his diesease and taking in a woman to marry that wasn't carrying his child. He has no biological children sadly.

• Deserve what U live
    July 7, 2009 3:52 p.m.

Sheesh, Someone died, and we all will in good time, and rather we leave a EVIL legacy is up to us.

• Sperm donor
    July 7, 2009 3:51 p.m.

His kids are white because he used sperm donors. He is their father, just not biologically.

• Someone Died
    July 7, 2009 3:31 p.m.

One of the most talented individuals passed on. He was loved by billions of people. He got a little weird but we don't know the circumstances. Stop judging. He brought a lot of joy to a lot of people. I enjoy most of his music but want to remember him in a good light. I wouldn't want to live a day in his shoes. He was under a microscope and could trust very few people. I hope everything I've done wrong doesn't get published after I die.

• Mind Your words
    July 7, 2009 3:23 p.m.

Please mind your words, and let us be respectful at least of the loved ones MJ has left behind. Thanks.

• Mike
    July 7, 2009 3:20 p.m.

How come his kids are caucasian? What am I missing?

• SJ
    July 7, 2009 3:07 p.m.

Rev. Al Sharpton? What church is he a Reverend of and where do they meet?

• Anonymous
    July 7, 2009 3:04 p.m.

Plastic Jackson + plastic melt down = LEGOS

• sunny south
    July 7, 2009 3:02 p.m.

Did not Jesus say love one another and also we are told not to judge as we are not qualified. Enough said already. God bless America.

• Hmmm
    July 7, 2009 3:00 p.m.

I can't help but wonder if the people on this board condemning him for the accusations are the same people who say "We shouldn't judge" whenever some guy in Utah gets accused of the same thing.

• Digbads
    July 7, 2009 2:55 p.m.

Anonymous said

"Bunch of Hateful bigots here, can't see the wonderful progress he brought to this world. Rock On Brother, you will be missed!"

What in the world are you talking about? Crotch grabbing? Excessively plastic surgery? Sleeping with chimps and little boys?

It has been so tragic to see this wonderfully talented boy fall and suffer so much. Very very tragic.

• JB
    July 7, 2009 2:53 p.m.

re: comment at 1:40

You bet I'm judging, but I'm not hating a group of people and calling them nasty names. I am telling that person that grouping Utahns together is wrong and I have a right to that judgment.

Hating Jews, hating blacks, hating gays, hating Mormons, is all a terrible thing. People should not hate groups of people. Someone believing that Michael Jackson was not a good role model is entirely different than someone hating a group of people and lumping them all into one category and calling them nasty names. I would never call that commentor a nasty name but I sure will let them know I believe it shows hypocrisy to write what they did.

Disagree all you want...it is your right.

• RE:JB
    July 7, 2009 1:49 p.m.

And there you go JB doing the same thing!.

• CrazyWonder
    July 7, 2009 1:46 p.m.

My favorite quote of the article...

"This is a moment that I wished I didn't live to see," Stevie Wonder said before his performance.

• observer
    July 7, 2009 1:39 p.m.

Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, NAACP, Black American Caucus, The Martin Luther King Family and every other Black Pride and Black Power Group in the country is using him beyond belief! I am feeling so bad for him! First they Bandstand his Innocence and dare anyone to make accusations about him, then they Use him and Exploit him to be able to band stand their causes! This is totally anti-American, Anti-White for the most part, and goes against his own belief about the fact it doesn't matter if your "Black or White", yet they ignored his own cause to band stand their own Agenda's! Most of those who spoke at his Memorial were there for their own Agenda

• Re: Anonymous
    July 7, 2009 1:33 p.m.

You don't get it do you? Nobody is being a bigot here, and most acknowledge the progress he did make in this world and HIS message! The part we are mad about is the "Black Agenda" being bandstanded in his service! It isn't what he was about!!! They are Twisting his work, his message and Being "Pro Black Power"! Was that his message? NO! He was for HUMANITY not Just Black people! He did what he could to not be "Black" look at his surgery, his appearance, his associates, he loved ALL PEOPLE! GROW UP!!! That is the problem is the Exploitation made of his death for INDIVIDUAL CAUSES!!! That is what makes ME SICK!!! Not him, not his music, not his dancing or his life, it's the Exploitation of him that makes us all SICK!!! May God Keep Him Well! Holy Cow see what "They" are doing to him, they are making an "AGENDA" out of his death! That is disgusting!!!

• Anonymous
    July 7, 2009 1:23 p.m.

• JW
    July 7, 2009 12:55 p.m.

I wonder if he's one of the 144,000?

• JB
    July 7, 2009 12:54 p.m.

re: Doesn't Surprise Me

We seldom see ourselves in a true light. It is so easy to judge others. You castigated commentors for being negative but you called the people of Utah freaks. That's the same type of thinking as slapping a child for slapping someone. You are a negative person...deal with it.

• CougarKeith
    July 7, 2009 12:45 p.m.

I love dancing to Michael Jackson's music, he is a remarkable entertainer. He had some very hard times, and was accused of some HORRIBLE THINGS during his life. He turned into a "Freak" out of pressure and a horrible childhood which he never was allowed to have. I feel for the guy, and his fans. HOWEVER: This is just a rediculous spectical over a great singer and a great entertainer. Suddenly he is this "Invincable Superman"??? I don't get it? Everyone poked fun at him, ridiculed him, did everything they could to "Put Him Down" as a freak, a pervert, a child molester, yet now that he is dead he's a "God" type of Larger Than Life guy? I am sad to say, I'm sick of it! I'm ashamed of the way the American Public is acting over his death. May he rest in peace, and now realize the love he had for him. How sad, Sad Indeed he wasn't given this love and attention from so many while he was alive. Maybe then he wouldn't be dead right now.

• Anonymous
    July 7, 2009 12:42 p.m.

for the record:

1-MJ was found NOT GUILTY of molestation, and during the case, it was pretty clear that the accuser and his family were a little 'off' themselves. It's not really a stretch to think that they were trying to get money out of him, especially in light of their past.

2-MJ had a condition that caused lightening of his skin, he didn't "bleach" himself, he had a skin disease.

Make all the false judgments you want, it only exposes you as uncompassionate and mean, especially on the day of his funeral.

As for me, I was never a huge fan of his newer stuff, but he was a talented man who defined music for decades. He had a tragic life, and it seems even in death he cannot escape mean-spirited people (like some on these boards) that just want to hurt him.

• Creepy
    July 7, 2009 12:40 p.m.

Why do I feel so creepy every time I think about or read about MJ lately? Maybe it's because I hate hearses and flower sprays and caskets, and innocence lost, but also because I think MJ was very creepy!! He was a very good looking and talented man, but his last years, he was the epitome of a sold soul.

• BLAAAAAH!!!
    July 7, 2009 12:34 p.m.

I am very SICK! this is disgusting! Some people DON'T deserve to be famous. However, they do come in all sorts and sizes of EVIL throughout history!

• ABSURD!!!!!
    July 7, 2009 12:22 p.m.

the ridiculous media circus surrounding Jackson is totally absurd and is a sad commentary about the valueless state of our society. A US soldier is murdered by an American Muslim terrorist a few weeks ago and that terrible and tragic event got virtually NO coverage from the fickle left wing national media. Go figure!

• RE:Bab
    July 7, 2009 11:58 a.m.

Obviously you care!.

• Bab
    July 7, 2009 11:42 a.m.

WHO CARES!! We have bigger problems the to worry about a dude who lived a stressful life with so many problems. He was a great musician for sure but I don't own a cd of his and plan never too!! Let him go and put this pathetic tribute out of his misery.

• Anonymous
    July 7, 2009 11:25 a.m.

Jackson had $.5 million in debt and he had a golden casket?!?

• RE:Mrs Jensen
    July 7, 2009 11:19 a.m.

No mention of the word hate has to be present, just by your words and others on here there is plenty of hate to go around. Read your own words and see how hateful you sound. If anyone is bigoted it's you, so what have you been doing lately?.

• Mrs. Jensen
    July 7, 2009 10:50 a.m.

@It Doesn't Surprise me, Your prejudice is showing. There has been NO hate expressed by anyone on this blog except your bigoted statements toward people in Utah. I don't believe ANYONE said he wasn't talented. THEY SAID HE WAS DISTURBED. That is totally obvious.

Apparently, you think that everyone should just accept the warped and self-destructive behavior of everyone...and if they don't, then they are "freaks." Usually people who defend self-destructive behavior are masking the guilt they feel because they are engaging in some of these behaviors themselves.

There is no question Michael Jackson was an extremely sick person. His own family acknowledges this. He was also a creative genius. It's just so TRAGIC. But, no HATE has been expressed.

• Cats
    July 7, 2009 10:31 a.m.

To RE: Emjay...Anyone with eyes can see that what Emjay said is true. There is no malice in Emjay's blog. It's just an observation of what is completely obvious to anyone who isn't blind or isn't in denial.

Michael Jackson was brilliant but was CLEARLY an extremely troubled and warped individual who bleached his skin, distorted his face and ADMITTED he slept with young boys. He got away with child molestation because he paid the kids' families off to the tune of $20 million. He obviously needed help but refused to get it. He surrounded himself with Sycophants and FIRED anyone who tried to tell him the truth.

I don't blame him for being disturbed he had no childhood and an abusive father. He was mobbed by the public and paparazzi. He had too much money and spent it like a child with no limits. Yes, he was seriously emotionally arrested and living in some sort of sick fantasy land full of perversion and drugs.

It's a sad story..a cautionary tale. I'm personally a big fan of Michael's...the way he used to be before he got so sick.

• Casket is all
    July 7, 2009 10:06 a.m.

The funeral was this morning and a "casket" will be at the memorial service - likely just an empty shell.

• Misunderstood
    July 7, 2009 10:04 a.m.

Michael Jackson is one great talent period! .. He is misunderstood by many .. there are too many judgemental people out there who need to look at themselves first.

• re: Doesn't surprise me
    July 7, 2009 9:59 a.m.

I beleive you, sir, were the first to mention hate. We do not "hate" celebrities. They obviously have their place in this world as entertainers. But to worship and obsess over their every action like our society does is messed up. Enjoy the work they create but remember they aren't deity.

• RE: Emjay
    July 7, 2009 9:48 a.m.

Ok because you say so.

• Hurry
    July 7, 2009 9:39 a.m.

Please hurry and get this memorial over with, so we can start worrying about real news again.

• SLC gal
    July 7, 2009 9:29 a.m.

We will NEVER see a performer in our time as much of a enigma, or with as much talent as MJ had. Rest in peace Michael!!! Your fans will NEVER forget you! Personally I hope to get a front row seat to one of your concerts on the other side when I get there!

• Emjay
    July 7, 2009 9:25 a.m.

I don't think Michael Jackson was trying to make himself into a woman at all. In his strangeness, he thought that he was being a man. I do think he was trying to make himself white. It's clear that his children are not really his biologically and were obviously conceived with a white man. He seemed to want to reject his blackness and the black world. He clearly had serious emotional issues and had one of the worst cases of arrested development possible.

He was a creative genius but shouldn't be a role model for anyone.

• Doesn't surprise me
    July 7, 2009 9:20 a.m.

The negative comments on heretypical Utah freaks. Give the guy a break he had more talent than any of you will ever dream of and no singing in the ward choir doesn't count. The haters in tis stae is amazing. If you hate celebrities so much don't go to movies and turn your TV and radio's off. Ya that will never happen.

• Parents just don't understand
    July 7, 2009 9:10 a.m.

Loved his music. Sad about his life. I feel bad for the people whose parents exploit them at a young age for fame and money and then in the end, it messes them up. Jackson's life is a prime example of how messed up people can get from living that life at a young age--ie. Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, etc... Who could really want that for their children? Even still, Jackson's mom wants his money and his estate.

• casting stones
    July 7, 2009 9:05 a.m.

It just seems like people on comment pages such as these love to cast stones at others, without reflecting on what they themselves have done.

MJ had amazing talent, and granted, not all his choices were great choices. BUT - he did bring some fantastic music into this world that people will always remember, smile and bop their heads to. At least he tried to use his talents to the best of his ability.

I"m sure the choir of angels is going to have alot of fun doing Thriller in Heaven!

• SJ
    July 7, 2009 8:57 a.m.

Correction. Should have been idolization not idealization. My bad.

• I agree with the above
    July 7, 2009 8:44 a.m.

I agree that Michael Jackson was a disgrace to humanity and does not deserve all this attention. Yes I agree his life was wasted, and he was crazy to try and make himself into a female and not appreciate what God had given him, his life, his talent, his gender. May he rest in peace now and hopefully be forgiven for all his sins someday. He started out being a cute, talented young man who went way overboard on things. He doesn't deserve to be worshiped the way people are going crazy over him! He looked like a freak and acted like one in my opinion!

• SJ
    July 7, 2009 8:41 a.m.

The sooner he's in the ground, the sooner life can return to normal. Celebrities are not worth the idealization they receive. Are there that many people whose own lives are really that pathetic that they have to worship somebody famous?
    Grow up people and live your own life.