Palin mistreated

• Come back, Sarah Palin!!
    July 10, 2009 9:07 p.m.

After 4 years of slick-talking-Obama-Mania, I think the time will come when we will be clamoring for the return of an honest-to-goodness-plain-talking-Sarah Palin.

Can you believe the current government spending borrowed stimulus money building roads and bridges, etc. and then taxing anyone who pollutes the air by driving cars and trucks, or uses heating fuel, or manufactures because of Global-Warming?

Why get an education for a high-paying job? Just apply for a job building roads, and go back to using horse-drawn wagons!

Wake up and smell the gas fumes!!

• Michelle
    July 10, 2009 3:26 p.m.

I am so glad that she resigned. She will no longer be able to make a mockery of this great nation.

• Suburbs of SLC
    July 10, 2009 12:47 p.m.

My biggest problem is that I, as a reasonably intelligent observer, am able to watch television and read the news, and say that I dislike Olbermann and Maher, am all right with Jon Stewart, thought Tina Fey was hilarious, admire George Will as a very intelligent person who I strongly disagree with, had a similar attitude towards O'Reilly until I read his book, and greatly dislike Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, and above all Coulter.

And yet the other side seems capable of only saying liberal=bad, conservative=good, with no further analysis necessary.

And @You Paleolibs | 6:53 a.m, you're right, most of my neighbors went to state colleges, shop at WalMart, and enjoy camping, hunting, etc. They are great people who I really like. But, for some reason, I just fail to believe that because they have a similar culture, race, history, religion, or set of beliefs about the future of our country as I have means I would want to support them for President.

Finally, from what I have seen, Obama is a good husband and father in a monogamous marriage, so in my mind, he remains a moral person among most politicians.

• michal
    July 10, 2009 12:19 p.m.

BTW. Mitt Romney supported and raised his family before he went into politics. He said he had been taught to do it that way. And he wasn't even a mother.

• michael
    July 10, 2009 12:15 p.m.

I'd like to know how she is such a good example of conservative values and such a good mother when she went into politics when she should have stayed home with her kids. And then gone into politics after they had been raised.

• Re: Anon 2:32pm
    July 10, 2009 8:53 a.m.

Typical liberal. Just throw stones, don't back it up with any logic, facts, or ... well, anything. Just call the other side stupid and walk away feeling smug.

Can't wait 'til the next Civil War.

July 9, 2009 3:10 p.m.

Drudge reported today Michell's purse cost $6000. How much did Palin spend before McCain's people said things to the press? Hear any "Billary" jokes lately.

Conservatives are wimps. This is why so many dodged the draft.

• Utah Republican No More
    July 9, 2009 2:45 p.m.

"Palin mistreated"...

We can only hope so! She deserves every bit of it.

July 9, 2009 11:55 a.m.

To Old School,

Are you talking about religion or the government of our country? Or can you tell the difference?

You see, those of us with a brain know the difference.

• OldSchool inAugusta,GA
    July 9, 2009 9:16 a.m.

To all that chose to express themselves on this topic - that have an attention span beyond 6 mins, and have the ability to see beyond the tip of their nose to at least the horizon:
    "ah, listen ..." (heard that before?)
    You chose to drink the "sweet cool-aid" mixed by the charming puppet with the big ears, and now all Americans will pay for it - including future generations.
    I call that JUSTICE because we no longer seek the GRACE of God (that is foolishness to those of you that don't recognize The Holy Trinity).
    Because you swallowed the stuff of "It's not about character - it's about issues ..." and didn't even recognize that THE most important issue was/is CHARACTER - we as a nation are experiencing a deadly rising tide that might as well be a tsunami.
    Sell your soul to the devil, move to a place with an abundance of freeloaders, and you to can become a puppet of world-wide renown that will escape normal scrutiny.
    4 U "deep-thinkers", look up HUMANISM, and ask yourself: Did I taste that in the "cool-aid"?
    It's a slippery slope we're on.

• why?
    July 8, 2009 11:54 p.m.

Why are republicans still defending Palin so adamantly. IMO she lost the election for the republicans. I was seriously considering voting for mccain before she was nominated. She was obviously unqualified, she had next too no diplomacy, was a terribly ignorant public speaker. I dont even want too imagine her trying to discuss middle eastern affairs. it would be a disaster. She seemed to be the perfect person too lead a high school pep rally but not the next in line fro the presidency of this country. In the end she simply showed she was unqualified for the position she was nominated for and its a shame she has stayed in the spotlight for this long, she should have withdrew her nomination and stayed in alaska until she was better prepared for the scrutiny of the national spotlight.

July 8, 2009 11:32 p.m.

Sarah wasn't mean enough, deceptive enough, crooked enough, to be in politics. The lefties on here make my stomach literally turn. She shouldn't have been treated so shamefully. I agree with George. This country is in trouble. I'm ashamed of most of our politicians of both parties. I'm sickened by the stronghold of the liberal media. If one is a good, moral, honest person, it is almost impossible to be elected today. If elected, the politician soon gets so full of him/herself, they turn into a big headed buffoon. I personally think that SP has a lot on her plate now with her baby boy...who needs a lot of care.

• Utahdemoleft
    July 8, 2009 11:09 p.m.

I'm willing to let go of Barney Frank to never see Palin in politics again. Deal?

• cracks me up
    July 8, 2009 4:21 p.m.

can't believe the author actually used Palin and "competent leader" in the same sentence.

Author must have been talking about someone else and got confused, or is more ignorant than Palin...

you people crack me up!!! :0)

• JJ
    July 8, 2009 2:43 p.m.

George hit it right on the money. Reading the comments it amazes me how so many people can be so easily duped by the media.

July 8, 2009 2:32 p.m.

To A few thoughts...

"thoughts" is a misnomer. Thinking obviously had very little to do with what you posted.

• A few thoughts ...
    July 8, 2009 10:10 a.m.

To KJB - you're right, if Palin were a Democrat, she would have received attacks from the right - that's the game. But attacks from low-life, lightly talented folks like Tina Fey and Letterman?

To Ernest T. Bass - you want 4 more years of Obama? Are we living in the same country? Are you insane?

To Updated Resume - you do realize that Obama didn't finish his term (or anything else) or serve the people of Illinois, right?

To Liberty - Agree that Hannity, Beck, etc can be divisive. But ever listen to Hightower, Stephanie Miller, AL FRANKEN? The left has their spin-masters, too.

To Seriously - Most American's DO believe the earth was flooded, or at least substantially flooded at the time of Noah. No one is sure about the dinosaurs, but the iron-clad, documented falacies of carbon dating have added to the confusion. Pottery once thought to be millions of years old, is now believed to be more like hundreds of years old. We don't have all the answers.

BTW, I don't think Palin is the right choice, but I agree she was treated differently because she was Republican.

• Sarah is a fake
    July 8, 2009 9:52 a.m.

She was put up as the GOP's best candidate for VP, and ever since, all she has done is prove to be a huge disappointment. She is not smart, not worldly, not politically savvy, not ANYTHING you need to be, to be in the White House.
    We ridicule for good reason.
    AM

• To Not elitist
    July 8, 2009 7:33 a.m.

You've been sucked into Democrat elitism.

As long as you're (1) a natural-born citizen (2) over age 35, and (3) resident in the US for at least 14 years, you are every bit as qualified as those presidents with their heads on Mt. Rushmore, perhaps MORE qualified than the current president -- he seems to be hiding something dealing with (1).

It's elitist Democrats that want to convince you you're not good enough and that that only someone better, smarter, more Ivy League educated, should be president.

I'll take a real person any day over an empty suit of either party. Unfortunately, that's all we've been offered recently.

That's why so many of us love Sarah. She's the real deal.

• Come back Sarah
    July 7, 2009 7:33 p.m.

I love Sarah Palin. I just wished her big eyes were blue. Nothing like a brunettes with big blue eyes. However, I would still vote for her even her eyes are brown, that is if she were running again for office.

• Sarah Forever!
    July 7, 2009 6:54 p.m.

If she accomplished nothing else in her lifetime, she'd still be a success! She singlehandedly revealed the native dishonesty, meanness, and elitism of the Eastern Democrat establishment and their lap dogs in the West.

She finally, irrefutably proved that Democrats are NOT for the little guy.

• Why be sorry
    July 7, 2009 5:33 p.m.

Why do I have to feel sorry for Sarah Palin....She's part of the same Party that I belong to. The Party...that I'm very upset with. The party that has made fools of us all...the party that continues to cut off it's nose to spite it's face. Heck we can't even find someone in our own Party who is true blue GOP and was born in the party...We actually put a guy on a ticket who was a Democrat....then decided he was an Independant...then turned around again and decided no he was a Republican. I can understand being a born again Chritian but let's be logical here....I don'' believe in Born again Republicans. Then out of nowhere he throws what was appearing to be an increasingly growing lead away by pickiing a Polical Klutz as a running mate. Why should I feel sorry for Sarah Palin.....she brought her dirty laundry with her and tried to conceal it on the campaign trail. She's not the future of the party...anyone who thinks she is.....is plain assinine in their thinking.

• Sarah
    July 7, 2009 3:49 p.m.

Wow don't any of you watch Fox News? Or any Utah News? It was pro Palin all the way. They even cut out parts of Obama's speeches and covered it up with conservative nonsense. Anyone who thinks all news is biased toward Democrats is VERY mistaken. The reason she was "crucified" is because she's a moron. Good for her for being an attack dog or whatever, but the truth is that she couldn't survive even among ultra-conservative circles because she doesn't know enough about really anything to even fake it.

I think it's incredibly low to attack her children and that shouldn't have been done. Although it is pretty funny and ironic that despite her anti-sex ed rantings her daughter still got pregnant in high school. Obviously her method of teaching sex education at home didn't work.

Good riddance that she's gone. I could do away with a few other politicians (democrat and republican alike), but I definitely prefer leaders who know a bit about the lives of those they are leading, as well as where the countries we are at war with are on a map.

• Rodger
    July 7, 2009 3:18 p.m.

A great example of Repugnantcan 'family values' with the undwed teen mommies running around the house.
    She wants to run for public office she sits under the magnifying glass.

July 7, 2009 1:41 p.m.

re: To Indefensible | 10:20 | 10:41 a.m. July 7, 2009

//Mikey -- What do you Paleolibs have against PTA members and Girl Scout leaders?

Seems a little elitist, to me.

Of course, that's your defining trait.//

I'd take Paleolib elitism over Necon Populism anyday and I'm a Libertarian who shudders @ the thought of either.

• Not elitist...
    July 7, 2009 11:26 a.m.

...by any means. I have a job commensurate with my education and ability.
    Sarah Palin is no more qualified for the White House than am I.
    She should stick to what she can do well, and that's it. Politics and anything requiring more than average intelligence is not her calling.
    Sorry

• To Indefensible | 10:20
    July 7, 2009 10:41 a.m.

Mikey -- What do you Paleolibs have against PTA members and Girl Scout leaders?

Seems a little elitist, to me.

Of course, that's your defining trait.

• Indefensible
    July 7, 2009 10:20 a.m.

Sarah Palin has no redeeming qualities in the areas of intelligence and political savoire-faire.

She should be a PTA member or Girl Scout leader.

Sorry, but she has failed in every attempt to impress. How the GOP thought she would be any kind of an asset is mind boggling.
    But that's the GOP. Rudderless, passe, irrelevant.
    Mikey

• TO Anonymous 9:41
    July 7, 2009 10:11 a.m.

Looks like some good narcissism up bring. Sometimes it's good to quit before you put your big foot in your mouth as my old pa once said.

July 7, 2009 9:21 a.m.

As my mom used to sat to me when I was younger, "Quitters never win & Winners never quit."

• respect and patiotism
    July 7, 2009 8:22 a.m.

Palin supporters constantly criticize President Obama, dismiss his moral values, his patriotism, his religious views, even doubt his citizenship; yet defend Palin when she quits under pressure. I admired William Buckley, proudly voted for Ronald Reagan, but Sarah Palin does not represent my conservative values. And as a Mormon, the disrespect shown towards President Obama does not reflect my moral values. I was taught to respect our leaders and to be tolerant of others.

• You Paleolibs
    July 7, 2009 6:53 a.m.

. . . are sure up in arms about Sarah Palin. If I knew nothing else about her, that would recommend her in the highest possible terms.

But we do know a lot about her. Much more than we know about Obama (where was he actually born, anyway?). And we know she's the real deal, not some stamped, primped, spun, metrosexual paper doll cutout.

I guess that's what bothers you about her, huh?

She went to a state college, like 80% of college grads. She shops at Wal-Mart, like 80% of the people in the country. She hunts and camps and has a beautiful, but fallible family, like the vast majority of Americans.

But mostly, she doesn't share your contempt for 80% of Americans and the Nation they love. The 80% of us that do most of the working, living, and building up of this country.

And who deserve better than your smarmy, snotty invective.

• Alaskan at Midnight Sun
    July 7, 2009 4:52 a.m.

All complaints filed were frivolous! (Our law must change) One not hired for a government job files frivolous complaints now democrats joined the game to file to speak to the press, a loophole to close because of abuse and smearing the governor. Complaints are carefully investigated but Sarah is forced to defend herself at great cost and time. Complaints all were petty, wasted government time, energy and money, tiring Gov. Palin, now finished with personal attacks on her children. By law they may file and hold a press conference claiming governor errors. Contempt ruled to defame a governor who only planned to serve but the deep pile of manure requires thorough investigation as if valid, this year the system is broke, but a resolution is pending to solve it. I’ve watched the process for generations and shake my head at such foolishness and pettiness. By the way, Governor’s difficulty with legislature largely stems from a gal also from her hometown. It’s strange stuff this year. I enjoy Deseretnews.com though not expert on Salt Lake and doubt Anchorage was your home of 60 years history. It may not be as it may appear.

• Liberty
    July 7, 2009 4:47 a.m.

Anyone who listens to Hannity, Beck or Limbaugh has NO RIGHT to claim the media mistreated Palin. Those boys have spun, misled and maligned to their hearts' content.

Palin was not a "breath of fresh air" for American politics. She is an example of what is worst in the Republican party. She is ignorant, arrogant and haughty. She exemplifies the rejection of educated, rational dialogue.

This is a great day for the Republican party. I hope that one day Republicans can realize that fact, reform their party and ideology and rationally engage the electorate once again.

• for Hypocrisy July 6 @ Mrs.
    July 7, 2009 3:55 a.m.

Regarding your questions:
    Sarah Palin values higher education with graduate degree (is not LDS, no Y, no BYU-ID or BYU-HA)
    Wasilla debt was two sides
    Golden Gate was “a bridge to nowhere” among many, (one will be built for a village by law RE air strip regulations).
    Sarah suddenly was invited to McCain without his political life history, or a Liahona.
    Gov. Palin was new to national politics but DID debate the lifetime DC politician attorney BIDEN!
    OBAMA picks press conference questions, PLANTS his favorites, to control speech-questions he plans to answer. He only appears to speak with a prepared teleprompter!
    Begich fired that Anchorage police chief!
    Gov. Palin restructured and promoted him BUT HE REFUSED and QUIT!
    Who alive today remembers WHEN Dinosaurs lived or what calendar was used to reckon that TIME?
    Palin daughters were reared to respect God’s law and chastity. LDS/other girls make mistakes also.
    Obama ignorance unbelievable — thinks USA has 60 states!
    Yes, Alaska = villages, towns, cities, farms, valleys and mountain cabins like REAL AMERICA.
    Your Palin facts” are twisted/opinions and misinformation. Don’t be the problem, be honorable to correct it when you hear it. Get it?

• Seriously
    July 6, 2009 9:19 p.m.

Palin actually believes that dinosaurs lived 6,000 years ago and that Noah's Flood really happened. Seriously.

She cannot speak a coherent, complete paragraph on the same subject. She just can't. Some folks think she's going to get her own TV show. Thoughts of who she'd invite on as guests and what those on-air conversations with her would be like fills me with the same emotions you'd experience watching two trains racing headlong toward each other from a distance. You can't stop the imminent collision. It's completely horrifying, yet you can't take your eyes off it - it's too darned fascinating.

She has expert knowledge of... what?

Palin is at best an "attitude." She's no leader and she's certainly no visionary.

• Huh?
    July 6, 2009 7:13 p.m.

For all the Palin supporters who think she was mistreated by the Democrats and the media, McCain's own staff has criticized her as unstable, uninformed, and difficult. Even McCain and his family have hesitated to issue supportive statements of Palin since the election. Please stop blaming the Democrats and the media for Palin. She quit under pressure, and much of that pressure came from Republicans who knew her best.

• To Elitist
    July 6, 2009 7:13 p.m.

Thank you. I completely agree.

• Sad, sorry maverick
    July 6, 2009 7:09 p.m.

Poor, poor Sarah. "Seeking a higher calling".

One can only wonder.

• Agree about spammed ham
    July 6, 2009 6:37 p.m.

There is a whole lot of traffic on this site (nasty anti-Palin) for it to be the usual readers and posters of the DN comments.

• KJB
    July 6, 2009 6:08 p.m.

wrz 4:48 P.M.

Let's that that:

*A Democrat couldn't give an answer when asked what newspapers they read.

*A Democrat was asked to buy a few outfits for appearances and wound spending over $100,000 of campaign funds on high-end, frivolous junk.

*A Democrat had a spouse who belonged to an organization that advocated secession from the Union. Not only that, but said Democrat also recorded a keynote address for their convention while in high office.

*A Democrat accused an opponent of "pal[ling] around with terrorists" and not being a part of "real America."

Do you want to hear more?

• movement is dead
    July 6, 2009 6:02 p.m.

The radical right movement is dead.
    Along with Palin's political career.
    As it should be.

• Re: Sam the ham
    July 6, 2009 5:54 p.m.

There is more than one Can of spammed HAM on this blog. I'm for Palin, and you folks need to back off this fine specimen of a woman.

• She's a conservative?
    July 6, 2009 5:46 p.m.

Time Magazine's website has 5 reason why Sarah may have quit.

I particularly like #2.

• Silly willies
    July 6, 2009 5:42 p.m.

Name calling (PALIN) only shows how many of the lowlifes keep marching onto this blog. And a lotta jealous men out there over a cute and brilliant lady. Get a grip guys!

• Gee Gads
    July 6, 2009 5:30 p.m.

At least S. Palin isn't a polygamist and doesn't support them either. We need a woman like her to run this darn country.

July 6, 2009 5:27 p.m.

Typical crybaby neoconservative.
    When the heat's on they quit.

• Sam the Ham
    July 6, 2009 5:04 p.m.

@Fergie 11:58

"Good grief, if she can't take the heat, it's good that she is gone."

She's had more "heat" thrown at her than a passel of regular politicians. The Democrat leaning media was out to get her because she is talented, energetic, and beautiful. She was a triple threat to the Democrat party and the press new it. So they went after her. The goal was to keep her off balance with a continuous flow of lies and half truths.

"If she wants to see someone who has been vilified and excoriated, look at Hillary Clinton."

She deserved it and more. Can you picture that half-wit as president? We dodged a bullet.

• a good reason
    July 6, 2009 5:03 p.m.

I'm sure Sarah Palin's children had a perfectly legitimate reason to be at that transportation infrastructure subcommittee meeting at the Alaskan taxpayer's expense.

Such stupid, stupid neocons!

LOL!

• crybabies
    July 6, 2009 4:57 p.m.

Sarah Palin is not only smart and beautiful but a wonderful woman. It looks like all the jealous ones came out of the woodwork over Janet's comment earlier-- Aahuh-huh--aahuh-huh-huh--LOL!

• wrz
    July 6, 2009 4:48 p.m.

@KJB | 12:23 a.m.:

Please take some time to explain to everyone just what Palin did and said that she should be roasted alive.

Did you mean having a Downs baby and a grandchild out of wedlock? Is that your point?

• Treated equally
    July 6, 2009 4:26 p.m.

Hillary Clinton withstood the "mistreatment".
    Same for Barack Obama, George W Bush, Mitt Romney, and John McCain.

If Sarah Palin can't stand the same heat as these Presidential candidates, then She fails the first qualification for the office... toughness.

• Hypocrisy
    July 6, 2009 4:12 p.m.

Sarah Palin and the GOP in General, are all about fluff. They offer us, the real America people, absolutely nothing.

They believe we'll fall for good looks, winks, and little "cute" phrases such as DOGGON and JOE SIXPACK.

However, Palin showed the unique inability to even string two complete sentences together.

Much like George Bush before her, who offered nothing other than "emotions."

America has become wise to the GOP. Unless they offer solutions, like the Democrats have(more regulation, healthcare reform, etc) they will continue to fall in both popularity and relevance.

GOP, you're time for brainwashing is up. Time for solution making. We're waiting.

• @Bro Chuck
    July 6, 2009 3:05 p.m.

Just leave it be. Angie, the one who busted you, is a former teacher. She loves it when she can point out messy and incorrect grammar that looks like Sarah Palin herself wrote it.
    Jolene

• Utah Dem
    July 6, 2009 2:57 p.m.

Michelle Obama purchased her own clothing whereas Sarah Palin's clothing was purchased by the Republican National Committee and she returned most of it when not elected.

Palin brought her own children into the forefront.

Hey GOP, if Obama truly was not a US citizen you can be assured your party would have done due diligence it bringing that matter to the public.

• to former Alaskan
    July 6, 2009 2:51 p.m.

I am an attorney and have seen more than enough action to realize that where there's smoke, there is USUALLY fire.
    In a slate of ethics cases against her stacked like cordwood, there might indeed have been a frivolous complaint or two, but she is being sued for a reason, or reasons. No way all of them are bogus. There were all kinds of misdeeds in her messy handling of "troopergate" (the situation with her former brother-in-law) and other incidents.
    The fact is that those in power can (not all do) mistakenly confuse their position with one of impunity. Well, the microscope is indiscriminant in it's findings.
    She doesn't appear smart enough to be able to separate her position with the workings of the real world. Yeah, she can sign bills, and cut ribbons, and push the day-to-day buttons, but I'm afraid that isn't enough. Certainly not enough to be second in command.
    People that get nailed on the broad field of ethics issues are often found to have more than one breach. It's statistically proven.
    She's bad news, under all that fluff.
    A.D.C. Esq.

July 6, 2009 2:01 p.m.

Palin has duped her fellow right-wingers more thorougly than Hatch and Bennett.

• Capable?
    July 6, 2009 1:59 p.m.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

• Former Alaskan
    July 6, 2009 1:55 p.m.

Most of the ethics complaints against Sarah Palin were totally frivolous, and it's unfortunate that they were brought against her in the first place. However, she might have had the common sense to recognize that they were baseless and that she would be exonerated without having to shell out big bucks for a lawyer.

Sarah Palin may not be corrupt or unethical, but she is power hungry and divisive. If someone falls from her good graces, she fights them tooth and nail, sometimes to the detriment of her constituents. (She did a lot to derail this year's legislative session with her personal vendettas.) And her every move since the middle of last year seems to be part of some plan to get her to the White House. She's lost sight of what matters to Alaskans, and that disconnect shows in her plummeting approval ratings. Alaskans are fortunate to trade Palin for Parnell, who will do the job with less hoopla and more actual effort.

July 6, 2009 1:48 p.m.

It was McCain's people who first complained about Palin's spending.

• Cry, GOP, cry!
    July 6, 2009 1:45 p.m.

Your discomfort and agony are a tonic for our own pain, that born of 8 years of your irresponsible stupidity.
    Your pacing to-and-fro makes us laugh. The veins popping out of your neck as you flail wildly at all things Democratic bring comic relief.
    Your fist-shaking, like so many angry villagers, soothes our own woes. Your blind defense of the GOP and all it's buffoons, resplendant in their flip-flops bring joy to our lives as we mop up behind the last GOP President for quite some time to come.

We feel your pain and we enjoy it. We roll on the ground in laughter as you curse us.
    We need not turn to television, movies, or comedy clubs for mirth and elation. We have only to find our way into these forums, and watch as you splatter yourselves into the giant bug-zapper of life.
    Please...PLEASE...keep your gifts coming.

Laughter is indeed the best medicine, and what better source of comedy than our own GOP.

All of you fit into one tiny car.

MikeyMike

• a legitimate question
    July 6, 2009 1:39 p.m.

Q: Why has the GOP distanced itself from Sarah Palin?

July 6, 2009 1:37 p.m.

Fox, Rush and Beck could convince most conservatives that a fish is a dog.

I really believe Palin speaks your English. Karl Rove distanced himself from her. I can tell many here haven't read what Alaskans, who she governed are saying about Palin. She won't be missed by may. :-)

Us liberals have a saying: "Winners never quit and quitters never win."

In the army we had a term for those who retreat under fire: "cowards."

Obama grew up black. He had set backs but her never quit.

• DearBro Chuck
    July 6, 2009 1:29 p.m.

Utah school product, are we?
    "Dought"? Sorry, it's "doubt".
    "Click"? Apologies, it's "clique".
    Better use spell check, or ask a student from Wyoming to help you with your submissions.
    Angeline

July 6, 2009 1:27 p.m.

"Palin gets crucified because she buys a couple of expensive dresses.
    Michelle gets praised every time she shows up in a new outfit.
    Now who's the hypocrite?"

Drudge reported on the cost of Michell's tennis shoes. You folks are a great source of humor. :-)

• poor Sara
    July 6, 2009 1:23 p.m.

the only thing Pain is a victim of is her own delusions of grander

• AB is blind..
    July 6, 2009 1:21 p.m.

..to the myriad attacks by GOP on the likes of Amy Carter and countless others. But, after all, we are entitled to our opinions. However, the GOP opinion is irrelevant, so therefore we ask that no further republican-biased opinions be printed here.
    We demand that only left-leaning sentiment be ackowledged, and that the GOP and all it's card-carrying members admit their completely worthless inadequacy and come over to the good side.
    We submit that missives from staunch, vein-necked, blood-eyed right-wingers, agonizing over their perceived Armageddon-at-hand be ignored and tossed into the ash can.
    We have no room for republicans here. They are not welcome, in Utah, Alaska, or anywhere else.

Sorry, Bub.

We had to put up with unmatched and boundless irresponsibility from your kind for 8 years, and we're kinda sick of it.
    If your party sticks Saraqh Palin in our face, and claims she is the best thing going for the office of VP, then you deserve all the flak you're going to get.
    Go cool off and have a beer.
    Alex

• BYDC
    July 6, 2009 1:14 p.m.

And another: She said serving as governor of Alaska was "the greatest honor that [she] could imagine" but that she was leaving for some unspecified "higher calling".

Huh? Please tell me how people are inspired by her.

• Brother Chuck Schroeder
    July 6, 2009 1:12 p.m.

Just look at this feeding frenzy, when we heard (no dought from a click of liberal's) that Sarah Palin mistreated?, as in perhaps tie me, whip me, beat me then make me read the internet?. The only mistreatment Sarah Palin got was from the GOP themself, McCain and Mitt Romney, SNL, David Letterman, Jay Leno, and the liberal news media.

• BYDC
    July 6, 2009 1:10 p.m.

Whatever you think of Palin, did you notice how unintentionally ironic her resignation speech was?

"We need those who will respect our Constitution," she said, even though she doesn't feel like fulfilling her oath of office in which she swore to uphold the Constitution. She praised the troops because "they don't give up" in a speech announcing that she was quitting!

And somehow people see her as a victim?

• Hatuletoh
    July 6, 2009 1:09 p.m.

What's the deal with conservatives and second-place beauty contestants?

• Hi AB
    July 6, 2009 1:09 p.m.

I am a "lefty" if you will. I don't live, and have never lived in a sewer. But I decided to take a peek into one. And there was the ghost of arms-gifting Ronald Reagan, and sitting next to him was George Bush.
    I tried to talk to them, but was drowned out by some inane hollering, and I realized that Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh were competing for the hand-in-marriage of Ann Coulter.
    When I finally got them to shut up so I could come to grips with it all, there was this incessant banging coming from Sarah Palin, who was begging to be admitted, saying it was the only place she felt comfortable.
    Joe in Provo

• Maybe ok for Alaska...
    July 6, 2009 12:56 p.m.

..but the rest of the world sees exactly what she is.
    A previous poster is absolutely correct, that her leaving office is due in large part to astronomical legal bills battling back breaches of ethics cases.
    If she were ethical, none of this would have happened.
    Better to be exposed now while she is in no position to do harm to our nation.
    What a problematic existence she leads.
    What a poor choice to represent the Republican party. What a poor choice for ANYTHING.
    Good riddance.
    Go take care of your kids and stay away from the public eye. We will be eternally grateful.
    Lavonda
    Clearfield

• Re WOW ... Re Honestly
    July 6, 2009 12:52 p.m.

The comedians make fun of both political parties so your argument is weak at best. At least honestly ended with a "can't we all get along" while you proved his point by wanting to fight, nice job.

• Dear AB
    July 6, 2009 12:47 p.m.

Letterman IS funny. And so is your defense of the ditziest broad on Earth.
    Someone once asked Sarah Palin if she listened to AM radio, and she said she doesn't usually get out of bed until noon.
    The political world is fortunate to be well rid of that pretender and improvident lack-wit.
    Mike

• To "Go Palin!"
    July 6, 2009 12:33 p.m.

She is indeed truly brilliant...if you are a Democrat.
    Thank you.
    Laura

• AB
    July 6, 2009 12:31 p.m.

Ill be the first to admit that Palins is definitely not the best candidate to fron the GOP, but despite her flaws and shortcomings, there has been a disgusting barrage of insults and low blows coming from the sumbags on the left. Much more so than anything the right has ever put out against a Lib candidate. Letterman, a washed up has-been who is not remotely funny, sunk to a new low with his comments about Palin's daughter being "knocked up" at a baseball game, and all we heard were collective crickets chirping away on the left as none of the hypocrites from NOW or any other lefty organization decried his disgusting comments. If anyone on the right had said such a thing, Jackson and Sharpton would be marching in the streets and the media outlets would all be calling for a resignation. The bias is glaringly apparent, and the lefties in this country should be ashamed for their hypocritical party first slimy tactics. Palin is no genius, but she doesnt deserve the disgusting personal attacks she's been hammered with. The left in this country should crawl back into the sewers they thrive in.

• Hilarious!
    July 6, 2009 12:29 p.m.

Sarah sure snaps the suspenders of all the libs. Makes me think she can whip all the snotty little effetes. Kind of like the hysterical attacks on Reagan.

Everything that could be considered admirable, the left has attacked. For instance, she got a degree after 6 years, shows tenacity to me, she has a beautiful little baby boy who would have been aborted by a lib, her family's lives will be enhanced by the little guy. I like the way the whole family is raising him. Dad, kids and all.
    She speaks in a colloqial (sp)language, very populace.
    By the way, she has the highest ratings of all GOP contenders, 78%. And if you think the GOP is dead and gone, you are totally deluded, 3 more years of recession and inflation and dictators biting our ankles and the populace will be begging for the conservatives to take over again despite their missteps. 8 years (since Pelosi takeover) of GOP wandering in the wilderness, and they will have repented of their spendthrift ways and will return to good governance.

• Gus Talwynd
    July 6, 2009 12:28 p.m.

What is there to say when Fox News contributor Liz Trotta makes the following comments on 'Johnny's Dollar Space'

"The woman is inarticulate, undereducated . . . a lot of this criticism is well-deserved."

"What do you think William F. Buckley would have thought about her as the standard bearer for the Conservative Party?"

"I think all the liberal stylists . . . really have a case. She just begs for adjectives like flaky and wacky"

" . . . this is a woman who has used her good looks and her gender to really get ahead in the political world, that's something the men don't want to admit, and certainly not the women."

"We're not talking about a great stateman of profound experience . . . We're talking about somebody who, right from the get-go, has been a flashy person who gets into a lot of trouble and really has no credentials for any job."

It sounds that the greatest contempt is coming from mainstream Republicans who are battling the Far Right elements of their Party for the future. Let's be clear about this.

July 6, 2009 12:16 p.m.

Obama was born in Hawaii which is a state of the union just like Alaska.

• Yes she was but.....
    July 6, 2009 12:12 p.m.

Yes Palin was mistreated by the gutter slime left wing liberals but Palin was also a light weight who should have never accepted McCain invitation for VP.

• Paleolibs
    July 6, 2009 12:12 p.m.

. . . quoting the old adage about getting out of the kitchen? How politically incorrect!

If I said that about Hillary Clinton, the feminazis would be on me like white on rice!

How degrading! How insulting to women! How insensitive!

To suggest a woman's place is in the kitchen!

I guess it's only OK if you're talking about a Neocon.

• GO PALIN!
    July 6, 2009 12:07 p.m.

10 thumbs up for Sarah Palin. A truly brilliant WOMAN!

• Loyal Democrat
    July 6, 2009 12:03 p.m.

As a loyal Democrat, let me unequivocally that Democrats did not destroy Sarah Palin because we were afraid of her. I promise you, that's not true. I don't know a single Democrat who wouldn't be thrilled at the prospect of a Sarah Palin candidacy. I imagine Republicans would be equally thrilled if the Democratic candidate for the Presidency had been Cindy Sheehan.

I also can't imagine Sarah having any real political future. The people of Alaska elected her to do a job. She quit. Spin it however you like; she had a chance to govern, and decided it was too much trouble.

• to Elitist | 11:26
    July 6, 2009 12:00 p.m.

"She's a natural born citizen, above the age of 35, who's been a resident of the US for more than 14 years. That's all the qualification the Constitution requires (which, by the way, Obama has yet to prove)."
    Palin has yet to prove these things. I havent seen her birth certificate. Bla bla bla...

• Fergie
    July 6, 2009 11:58 a.m.

Good grief, if she can't take the heat, it's good that she is gone. If she wants to see someone who has been villified and excoriated, look at Hillary Clinton.

To those who say, "she is beautiful and talented", that's great. But that doesn't mean she should be in political office! Let's get someone in who has education and brains.

July 6, 2009 11:53 a.m.

Palin is busy making book deals, speaking engagements, and other things the Religious Right likes to do in the name of "God."
    It's all about $$$.
    Neocons worship money more than God and that's why they lose again and again at the polls.
    Not EVERYONE is a stupid as the Right wing.

July 6, 2009 11:52 a.m.

Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell of Alaska said Sunday that Gov. Sarah Palin’s decision to resign was largely prompted by the personal legal costs of the ethics investigations against her.
    Well looky here.
    I'm no political genius, but it strikes me that if one behaved in an unquestionably ethical manner, one wouldn't need to spend millions defending onesself.

And that whole flap about her brother-in-law, and how she was so misguided in seeing to his dismissal.
    What a piece of work that Sarah Palin is.
    Thank the good Lord that she is getting out of the spotlight. What a loser.
    Michael

• Grimble
    July 6, 2009 11:49 a.m.

Mike Richards,

We democrats are not in the least bit scared of Sarah Palin. We are, however, scared of the people who unironically fall under the spell of her folksy wink, and claim to find wisdom and virtue in the nonsense that pours forth every time she opens her mouth.

• Dear Janet
    July 6, 2009 11:42 a.m.

Yes, she is attractive. But the rest of your take is as without merit as Sarah Palin is without intelligence, class, and political savvy.
    Larene

• @Janet
    July 6, 2009 11:40 a.m.

"Sarah Palin is smart and beautiful so therefore she is hated by many lowlife simpletons. She would make an excellent USA president"

Really? Why would she make an excellent president? Because she is beautiful? Smart? Really?
    Because, I would ask, how do you define smart?
    Sometimes, I understand why people like Janet are card carrying repubs. They are lacking so much, I don't know where to begin.
    A. Barns

• Dear Janet
    July 6, 2009 11:34 a.m.

What? Are you the related to the letter writer?
    She would without any shadow of a doubt, NOT make an "excellent USA president".
    Did you post this just to get a reaction? If so, the reaction is that you should seek help.
    Poor Janet. Poor blind Janet.
    Sarah

• Elitist
    July 6, 2009 11:26 a.m.

. . . swill aside -- Sarah Palin is as qualified as any other candidate for the office of Vice-President, or President, of the United States.

Most of the electorate in this country do not believe one should have to graduate from Harvard or Yale, or be a community organizer or have six months' experience as a Senator to qualify for the office. Most Presidents have not gone to Ivy League schools, but have been successful Governors, generals, or businessmen, prior to election.

That's what most of us want. A real person. Not the homogenized, spun, managed, non-character we've been fed recently.

You know, someone like Lincoln. Or Sarah Palin.

• Janet
    July 6, 2009 11:16 a.m.

Sarah Palin is smart and beautiful so therefore she is hated by many lowlife simpletons. She would make an excellent USA president.

• Bill Baumgardner Sr.
    July 6, 2009 11:07 a.m.

The real problem with this country is that the silent, non voting majority is too apathetic now & that is why the left wing, scum of this great country is running it into the ground. "IF" the real majority ever wakes up to what is really happening, may the Lord bless them to do the job they are expected to do & NO one would be able to ruin a good person like Mrs. Palin. Ronald Reagan proved that "GOOD" people can be elected & do a great job. He went to the people of this country & asked them to call their congress people & they jammed the switch boards doing so & he worked with & got the Dem. controlled congress to do what the majority wanted done! :) Thank God for people like Reagans & Palins. I, myself, think it was a big mistake for Mrs. Palin to resign. I have always believed we should always do the job we have been hired to do & then seek for more & better work to do. The best resume' is to be working. Thank you for the blessing & freedom to state my opinion.

• wow
    July 6, 2009 11:01 a.m.

re: Honestly .... | 10:18 a.m.

"The GOP has nothing if they don't have an enemy. They should stop with the sheep like following of Reagan, Limbaugh, Hannity, Rove, and thier ilk" Do you mean like Maher, Emanuel, Wright, Frankin, Carville, Dowd, Goodman, Steinem, Letterman, HRC, Obelman, Clinton, Garandolfo, New York Times, Newsweek hate-mongering crowd? Take a look look in the mirror. Left-wing blame Rush O'Hannity talking points are getting pretty stale. BAAAAAAA

BTW 8 years ago the Democrats were pronounced dead. Yet the GOP self destructed with power. Left-wing arrogance nuveaux pretty much guarantees a similar GOP resurgence.

• Gus Talwynd
    July 6, 2009 10:59 a.m.

It's the nature of the game. Big-time politics is a messy affair, and many bring up the analogy to war as to how people fight to achieve their objective.

As many Republican commentators, pundits, and political players have said many times, Sarah Palin was in the "big leagues" and wasn't ready to play on the first team. Her only recommendation was being governor of a small state. However, she had a lot of baggage.

Her appeal was only to a very small, but vocal, segment of the Republican party. This small minority loved her (as exemplified by the letter writer's comments), yet her knowlege was extremely limited and her judgement questionable.

Say what you will, but there are many who would like her to be the leader of the Republican Party and have that Party remain a bare shadow of its glory days and a symbol of ineptitude and bigotry for the next 30 years.

Sarah Palin is a victim of her own meteoric rise within Republican circles and the lack of depth and character that brought her to the forefront. Her early resignation as governor is certainly an indication of her commitment to others.

July 6, 2009 10:54 a.m.

I feel ZERO sympathy for Sarah Palin. She is reaping what she sowed.

• not getting it
    July 6, 2009 10:54 a.m.

When is the Right going to figure out that their heavy-handed, intolerant philosophy is despised by REAL Americans?

Why do you think the GOP views her and her kind as an embarrassment and detriment to their party and bounced her out of the picture?

• LOL
    July 6, 2009 10:46 a.m.

This from the people what used "Billary" for Hillary. Have you ever seen a good picture of Hillary on the Drudge Report? Let's not forget Limbaugh, your Messiah calling Chelsea Clinton the "White House day."

Palin doesn't have Hillary's character attribute to not whine and keep her focus on her goals.

I love Palin. She was a loose canon who brought McCain down. Conservatives can't accept personal accountability, and Palin is a conservative. If you read, what Karl Rove said, you would see she's a problem. Fox and others blamed the press for asking hardball questions like, what magazine do you read." Compare this to Fox's repetitive reciting that Michell Obama hate's America. Most thinking Americans see this isn't true.

Palin does an outstanding job speaking in a manner most conservatives can relate to. Palin helped Obama raise an additional $42,000,000. This Liberal hope you support her. :-) Why do a right face when you're walking in to a mine field?

You folks can't figure that if Palin appeals to conservatives and conservative are 27% of the American population you loose again. Keep on, keeping on.

• Dear "Mistreated?"
    July 6, 2009 10:33 a.m.

You wrote "Sarah Palin's qualifications, from an intelligence and political angle,are absolutely indefensible.
    She is culturally awkward, geographically inept, marginally articulate, and politically unprepared."

That makes her fully capable of being G. Bush's tutor!
    HA!
    Candice

• We can only hope
    July 6, 2009 10:26 a.m.

We can only hope that she won't be back. Good grief. The woman is not all that bright and certainly not presidential material. She was way out of her element.

• Eye
    July 6, 2009 10:22 a.m.

Must admit. I trashed Sarah Palin every chance I got and I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

• Poor George Hawkins
    July 6, 2009 10:19 a.m.

So blind are the hangers-on to the corpse of the GOP.
    How can anybody in their right mind defend ANYTHING that Sarah Palin did, does, wants to do, said, says, and IS?
    She is the BEST chance the GOP had to right it's listing ship??
    I pity the GOP. And I pity those that would staunchly support the party line, without being able to think for themselves.
    But what else would you expect from roughly 70% of Utahns?

Joe in Alpine

• Honestly ....
    July 6, 2009 10:18 a.m.

How can you say she was mistreated? She knowingly stepped out on the stage and should have been accutely aware of all the possibilities.

The GOP has gone after their opponents in a manner never before seen in the past 12 years. Remember John Kerry and the swift boating? Welcome to Carl Rove campaigning and politcs 101. The GOP should shut up and take their beating.

The GOP has nothing if they don't have an enemy. They should stop with the sheep like following of Reagan, Limbaugh, Hannity, Rove, and thier ilk and realize that we don't have to be enemies because we have different points of view.

• To Mistreated
    July 6, 2009 10:15 a.m.

You, Sir, have eloquently capsulized the GOP and it's myriad inadequacies. I applaud your astute observations. The GOP is indeed a shell of it's former self.

LOL I can picture Mitt Romney approaching the podium in giant red shoes! HAHAHAHA!

Your missive made my day.

Bryce in Provo

• Updated Resume
    July 6, 2009 10:09 a.m.

Elected governor of Alaska.
    Did not serve one full term.
    Did not serve the people.

• wow
    July 6, 2009 10:09 a.m.

I am ambivilant about Palins politics - however the viscious treatment she has received by the hatemongering left-wing media and the intolerant left (such as Ernest T Bass) makes me support her

• Cut and run Palin
    July 6, 2009 10:00 a.m.

This is the person you wanted a heartbeat away from the presidency? When the media reported things that weren't complimentory she cut and ran. What would she have done when confronted with world leaders?

• Arbitrary
    July 6, 2009 9:57 a.m.

@Midnight you must not read these comments very often. From what I have read on these comment boards Obama is crucified daily. Some of the things said about the President have been vile and slanderous.

BTW I'm a republican, but I respect the Office of the President. He will get my support for the next four years.

• Not presidential material
    July 6, 2009 9:48 a.m.

'nuf said.

• Mistreated?
    July 6, 2009 9:27 a.m.

And shame on the GOP, for having all the time in the world to groom a candidate so sorely needed to salve the wounds left by an almost equally inept Bush, and all they can come up with is Sarah Palin as the solution.

She was not mistreated. What WAS mistreated is the supposed intelligence of the Republican party. It was stepped on, dragged for miles under a truck, and left to rot in the sun.

And now they think that the flip-flopping, sardonic, whichever-way-the-wind-blows Mitt Romney is the answer?

Sorry GOP. Your obituary was written at the end of the Bush administration. Your party is the Keystone Kops of American politics. All we need is a squirting flower on Mitt's lapel, and a couple of pie-face gags to complete this miserable political ensemble.
    RIP.
    Mike P.

• Cry me a river
    July 6, 2009 9:14 a.m.

Amen Anonymous 8:12

Palin was no victim. She put herself and her family into the rough and tumble game of politics. Yeah, it is sad campaigns can't focus on the issues and the candidate's record. But the Republicans(ie Rove) are the champions of dirty politics.

What a pair Palin and McCain would've been as Pres. and VP.--two erratic people. We dodged a bullet.

• Timothy
    July 6, 2009 9:05 a.m.

Dearest George, I understand this must be a difficult time for you in watching the unraveling of your cherished Sarah..Just think of her as a teasing little tart..You know,the kind that would never condescend to talk to you in high school and dated all the bad boys,contrary to all her indignation about the horrid sinners having all the fun..And just like the floozie that left you on the dance floor so she could waltz with George Clooney(no offense to George)so also she has left the country bumpkins behind so she can obtain her real goal;to sit with the exalted ones in the temple of Washington..Alas it seems she will not obtain this end..She has shown herself repeatedly to be a quitter and an ingrate to those who helped her obtain her goals in life..Basic reason and knowledge are obviously beyond the reach of her thought and all she has to fall back on is her purported beauty..Really,she is just Joe McCarthy in female form and she will meet the same end..Being a pitiful joke in the dust bin of political history...

• Wow
    July 6, 2009 9:03 a.m.

Sarah has one great talent...she sure can stir up the libs. Keep it up Sarah!

• Patsy
    July 6, 2009 9:01 a.m.

She's a quiter. The people of her state hired her to do a job. Like a teenager in her first summer job, it got difficult so she quit.

• Hypocrisy
    July 6, 2009 8:52 a.m.

@ Mrs. Richard's

Sarah Palin's values.... Would those include going to 6 Universities to try and graduate from college? would that be increasing her town's debt from 2 million to 25 when she was mayor? Would that include wanting to use MY money to build a bridge to nowhere? Would that include praising John McCain but not knowing what any of his ideas or policies were? Would that include the refusal to debate? Would that include the refusal to answer specific questions? Would that include her firing the police chief and anyone that refused to "support" her? Would that include believing that Dinosaurs were around 6,000 years ago? Would that include the inability to teach her daughters to not abuse her God Given ability to procreate irresponsibly? Would that include her unique ability to attack viciously attack Obama? Would that include her offending the rest of America when she declared a small town, REAL AMERICA? As if, the rest of us aren't? Real America is just as much Orem as New York.

I'm sorry, but the sooner we get rid of these Palin/Sanford Republican values, the better. We need real educated leaders.

• Mike T
    July 6, 2009 8:48 a.m.

Everyone seems to miss the point. She is NOT going away into obscurity (unfortunately). Her departure from the governor's chair is only to further her national presidential ambitions and allow her to work on her multi-million dollar book deal without having to worry about showing up to do that gosh-darn work in the governor's office. All this oh-woe-is-me whining about suffering abuse at the hands of the liberal press is nonsense. The light-weight governor is unfortunately going to continue her drive as a light-weight presidential candidate.

• CB
    July 6, 2009 8:18 a.m.

Palin was a breath of fresh air. A stateswoman, not a politician. What she did she did for family and state. When someone is so badly treated, one has to believe that she was seen as a threat, and the attack dogs were sent out to get her.(Great strategic move by her, further surveillance will only show their hand and intent, free now to come and go as she pleases).
    Too bad the media has fallen of the left cliff. If they had stayed center they would have great fodder for their mill. Between the lies and flip flops of Obama, the hilarity of 'duh' Biden and the "Turn Around Shop" wardrobe of Michele, we could all be entertained nightly.

• Hey, Mike Richards,
    July 6, 2009 8:15 a.m.

"The Democrats are scared to death of Mrs. Palin."

THANK YOU for providing me with the best laugh of the morning.

No, Mike, Democrats would completely LOVE to see Sarah Palin actively involved in the 2012 presidential race.

She's a completely incompetent nitwit who makes the rest of the party look like nitwits, too.

Palin bailed on her governor ship because she's bored. Governing is hard work a requires a command of many facts plus excellent analytical and communication skills. Palin has none of these things.

Time and time again, people who began working with her believing that she was a wonderful leader came to discover she's narcissistic, petty, vindictive and an intellectual midget. These people - all faithful Republicans - are beginning to share their experiences working for Palin, and she's angry about it.

Mike, I can't say it strongly enough - PLEASE -- BY ALL MEANS -- MAKE HER THE GOP CANDIDATE IN 2012!

• good thing..
    July 6, 2009 8:13 a.m.

..that she won't be back. She has the IQ of an artichoke. And what an embarassment that she was the best the the GOP could offer up.
    Could you imagine her as our VP, then God forbid, Prez?
    Could you imagine the launch codes in THOSE hands?
    Good day, Ms. Palin.
    Do the world a favor and stay out of the political spotlight.
    Mike in Sandy

July 6, 2009 8:12 a.m.

Palin was not mistreated. Everytime she screws it up, she blames the media. She babbles and gives incoherent responses to questions. Can't blame that on the media. She uses her kids as props. Can't blame that on the media. She used state money for personal purposes. Can't blame that on the media. Even gives an interview in front of a turkey slaughter. Can't blame that on the media. Shows an amazing lack of knowledge of the world. Can't blame that on the media. The reality is, she comes from a different world and will never be a true national leader (unless we are all insane). This is not the first time she has quit.

• Honest Luke
    July 6, 2009 7:59 a.m.

Great letter, Mr. Hawkins.

• Ernest T. Bass
    July 6, 2009 7:52 a.m.

Palin got the exact treatment she deserved.
    Sarah isn't a smart woman yet aspired to be 2nd in command of the most powerful nation on earth.
    She and Bush before her deserved the ridicule.
    I really hope Palin is the repub choice in 2012, that will ensure 4 more years of Obama.

• KM
    July 6, 2009 7:45 a.m.

@dave, and Obama knows about economics?

Funny how Palin got all the play in the media, while the real bafoon, Biden, was given a pass..
    and you say their is no media bias?

• To KGB at 12:23
    July 6, 2009 7:23 a.m.

Your point is what? That Republicans are hypocrites? Each side takes care of its own. If Palin were to be a Liberal, then she would be feted as THE example for young women by the the mainstream media. Large family, trying to deal with teen-age pregnancy, the courage to work as a Governor with a child with Down's Syndrome. IN fact, I get the feeling that you, KGB, would be decrying the unfairness and bias of Republicans for being so gosh darn cruel.

By the way, a number of Conservative commentators did not like Palin during the election. I myself thought of her as a gimmick to try to appeal to women voters who really wanted to vote Hillary instead of Obama. Now, see? A Republican who is willing to say what he thinks. Now, you tell me. What about Mr. "Hope and Change" wilting in front of third world thugs? Mr. Responsibility spending trillions of dollars of Chinese money.

• Palin's ideas lacking
    July 6, 2009 7:16 a.m.

While a small niche of the GOP love her, the so-called 'mistreatment' of her as a political figure is well deserved.

She really has not offered any new ideas or policies that can advance America's security or future. Her "Drill, Baby, Drill" slogan was silly as all it promoted was the status quo of keeping America addicted to oil. To drill in Alaska was self-serving for her oil-dependent state, and she didn't explain that it would take 10 years to get Alaskan oil to markets -- meaning America in 10 years could really address its oil addiction where Alaskan oil may not be needed. Indeed, many analysts perceived that the foreign oil companies would probably divert that oil to Russia and China by 2019, given that those nations will be far more oil hungry, and the logistics of getting that Alaskan oil to those countries would make better economic sense.

Her constant drumbeat of "traditional" GOP values, from restricted sex education to low taxes to cutting government regulation, much of which comes from her as either hypocritical or discreditted, are tired and uninspiring.

If she turns to become a community organizer, that would be honorable!

• Right rejected
    July 6, 2009 6:53 a.m.

The wacky far-right led by Palin, Limbaugh, etc.
    have been noticed by mainstream America and will be rejected every time they try to impose their intolerant, fascist-like philosophy on others.
    This, thank God is the way it always will be in any free country.

• DSB
    July 6, 2009 6:53 a.m.

To KJB - Since everything out of Palin's mouth is of a conservative slant, how could she have done and said the same things as a Democrat? Your comment makes no sense. We conservatives don't even care about Democrats of a similar stature as Palin. Name one Democratic governor of so little consequence as Palin who is so relentlessly "roasted alive" by the conservatives over such things as "slutty attire," sexual activity of children, colloquialisms, and other completely irrelevant points. Palin would quickly return to obscurity if the liberals and the media would only stop their obsessive nit-picking at her.

• Jenny
    July 6, 2009 6:37 a.m.

You jest, don't you? I listened to Palin give her speech and she is as empty as they come. Get over it the GOP can do better than Palin.

• dave
    July 6, 2009 6:27 a.m.

Palin was great until she opened her mouth. She knows nothing about economics, international relations or even geography. A very bad choice...

• GJC
    July 6, 2009 6:20 a.m.

Sarah Palin was no fair fighter. She played the attack dog well. For whatever reason, she QUIT.

• Mike Richards
    July 6, 2009 6:12 a.m.

The Democrats are scared to death of Mrs. Palin. They think that 'smearing' her somehow actually changes her values. It only shows that they have no values and no consideration for womanhood - or truth. They will say anything and do anything to win - honor and virtue is never part of their thought process.

• KJB not roasting Obama
    July 6, 2009 5:44 a.m.

You said "If a Democrat did and said the things that Palin has, you conservatives would be roasting her alive."
    Palin gets crucified because she buys a couple of expensive dresses.
    Michelle gets praised every time she shows up in a new outfit.
    Now who's the hypocrite?

• Exactly right KJB 12:23 a.m.
    July 6, 2009 5:22 a.m.

Palin is in no way a victim. If she has any decency she'll go home, shut up, and try to be a better mother than she has to date (that little boy of hers needs and deserves a lot better treatment than he's received so far). She's had more than her 15 minutes of fame. Enough is enough.

• Stalwart Sentinel
    July 6, 2009 5:19 a.m.

Let's not forget the mistreatment during the presidential election of allowing her to go unquestioned and avoid interviews whenever convenient.

Her quote from the VP debate after not addressing the issues directly: "I may not answer the questions the way that either the moderator or you want to hear..." ie "I don't answer the questions asked, I just ramble about hockey moms." BTW - has anyone bothered to tell her yet that hockey isn't that popular in the states?

• ECR
    July 6, 2009 5:06 a.m.

George - your not-so-subtle reference (crucify, crucify) linking to Sarah Palin to the sacrifice and suffering of Jesus Christ is both offensive and idotic. Sarah Palin received national consideration for the office of Vice president and still, to this day, enjoys the support and backing of a sizeable portion of the population. To enjoy that level support for someone who took 6 years to obtain a journalism degree from the University of Idaho (my beloved alma mater) and who proved her lack of understanding of national and international issues with her daily pronoucements of ignorance is truly charitable on the part of the nation's citizens. Whatever Governor Palin's future plans are, I wish the best for her and her family. But please don't try to claim she has been mistreated by the media or the public. She has been given far more leeway than she deserved and any pain and suffering she has experienced to date has been mostly selfimposed.

July 6, 2009 1:07 a.m.

If Sarah Palin does not return to politics who could blame her, her young children were under attack from day one, any mother would have to protect them. Some things are beyond politics, maybe the US doesn't deserve her or any other decent person to run. Shame on the gleeful ugly people who threw their dirty darkness at an American family.

• mark
    July 6, 2009 1:02 a.m.

No George, she is just another politician, and not a very good one. But she sure did fool a lot of people.

• Hello
    July 6, 2009 1:01 a.m.

KJB no Dem was been mistreated as SP, Chelsea Clinton, Amy Carter, Caroline/John Kennedy, Obama girls were allowed their childhoods but Palin children have been ridiculed and demeaned constantly. SP was asked to produce DNA to PROVE her baby was not born from her daughter (expecting at the time) idiocy uncontained and beyond belief! Our country has stooped to a new low, no Dem has been attacked by media or people like it, let's not give them equal mistreatment because it is WRONG. What SP has said often has been twisted for humor, AK and Russia are within miles and the natives do boat between the islands to visit relatives in the other country. Tina Fay said "see Russia from my house" not SP, most comments were out of context or misquoted - no surprise since that does happen to the rest of us. You think you have a crystal ball to KNOW her reasons, intentions and goals? REALLY?

• Midnight Sun in Anchorage
    July 6, 2009 12:48 a.m.

George. I am amazed you understand even a bit of the surface, thank you. Anchorage has been home most of my life as I attended school in the Territory of Alaska and watched the political arenas here and nationally since before statehood. We never subjected any locally or nationally to such mistreatment by so many. Media were irked to know nothing when she was selected on the national ticket and set to discredit and crucify her. Sad.

She is a regular person, without polished political career goals, each step serving just to make a difference. Obama to date has been given a pass but Sarah was under microscope with reporters flying up to crawl under trees and bushes looking for some dirt asking all of us in AK! E-mails from remote addresses just to find ANY scrap. Folks believe most of the refuse written as true but outsiders are a majority of daily bloggers here. Odd, sad. Thanks for caring and recognizing it was wrong!

• KJB
    July 6, 2009 12:23 a.m.

If a Democrat did and said the things that Palin has, you conservatives would be roasting her alive. She's nothing but another hypocritical conservative who loves to play the victim, and I can't wait until she returns to obscurity.