Ex-Utahn suddenly exits '24': Morrison's character dies to save president

• Con Con
    April 2, 2009 2:39 p.m.

James we cried when Bill died! You were the reason we started watching 24! You will be missed! Good Luck! We will look for you on Private Practice!

• Missy
    March 24, 2009 12:09 a.m.

Bill you will be greatly missed. Been a huge 24 fan. Have gotten my kids hooked too. I'll have to admit I actually cried when Bill made the ultimate sacrifice. Thanks "Jimmy" for making Bill such a great character. Can't wait to see what you're up to next. Good Luck.

• Swippy
    March 21, 2009 8:36 a.m.

"Pat Buchanan" hahaha! :-)

• Peter and Denise
    March 21, 2009 6:41 a.m.

We will miss Bill almost as much as we miss Edgar. Great work Mr. Morrison and great way to go out - the hero Jack needed in that moment!!! That was one fabulous scene.

• Twila
    March 20, 2009 10:31 p.m.

Bill, you will be greatly missed as Pat Buchanan...you were truly one of my heroes of "24"...
    I hope that the cast will give the character a memorial service or something...he deserves honorary
    regonition. The team will not be the same without you by Jack/Chloe/Tony's side...we love you and hope greater things will come for you!!

• wallofvoodoo
    March 20, 2009 1:09 p.m.

He is a professional who realizes the death of his character makes the show more compelling. I didn't want him to be off the show, but it did make good TV. He is a great actor & I hope I see him in a lot more shows, & if I'm lucky onstage in Utah.

• Barb
    March 20, 2009 1:01 p.m.

I have been watching 24 since its first episode. Morrison was one of my favorite cast members. I was surprised and sad to see him go. Hopefully he will be offered a good role in a major film soon, or his own show.

I wish it had been Jeanine Garafalo who had been killed off. She is a terrible actress. Both facial expresions and verbal delivery. Maybe they could run over her in the parking lot or something. Also it would be fun to see her and Chloe have a knock down dragout. I would love to see Chloe mop the floor with her, she certainly has reason enough.

By the way, I live in Utah and even on the news they always refer to people in the news as "a woman from Utah" or "a man from Utah" etc.

• Chuckles
    March 18, 2009 2:39 p.m.

RIP Bill - What's going to happen to Karen?

• ctu
    March 18, 2009 2:13 p.m.

very good actor played his role tough
    did he ever work for ctu lol

• To jejfdjejrjre
    March 18, 2009 8:07 a.m.

Dude, in other "towns" that might be cool, but if some sap from Tabiona gets sunburned in Hawaii, it will make the entire state's news here.
    And talk about an intellectual high horse....
    You would need an extension ladder to reach any intellect.
    Mike just made an observation. You Mormons sure are sensitive.
    You should chill out. Get some of the happy pills that you all take.

• Mike
    March 18, 2009 7:56 a.m.

I understand all I need to. Not only is Utah incestuous, so are all you Cougs.
    Thanks for providing the comedy! Improvident lack-wits like yourself crack me up.

• jefejivaro
    March 18, 2009 1:27 a.m.

@ Mike (An Observation)...
    If you knew anything about promotion, PR or journalism (which you obviously DON'T), you'd know that this article is what's called a "hometowner". The military and the entertainment industry are the biggest sources of these pieces. In this case, undoubtedly the network's promotions department, having done it's home work in advance and ID'd all of every character's hometown associations (you can bet Alaska got the same treatment re Morrison), has planted the idea for this story with Utah papers.

So get off your pseudo-intellectual, anti-Utah high horse and find something truly unique to kvetch about. (BTW...the REALLY unique thing, is that in other parts of the country, they don't get their nose out-of-joint when a home-town guy or gal does well and it gets reported to the folks back home. Get real....)

• ...Mike
    March 17, 2009 10:22 p.m.

So you choose to voice opinions on things that you don't understand?

you really are a yewt.

• Steve
    March 17, 2009 6:53 p.m.

Big Loss to the Show

Jim.....if you read this: Good Job!....no.....Excellent Job.

Take Care and Good Luck.

• Go Mike!
    March 17, 2009 1:01 p.m.

Way to slap down that Cougar!
    Ha!
    I once new a cougar from Nantucket
    ....ah forget it.
    Jo

• Ito 9:57
    March 17, 2009 10:31 a.m.

Actually, I didn't read it, and never do. I just went right to the comments page.
    So quit acting like a Coug.

• Hey Mike
    March 17, 2009 9:57 a.m.

They write articles like this to get you to read them. Guess what, it worked. So stop acting like a Yewt.

• An observation
    March 17, 2009 9:15 a.m.

Utah is very incestuous. If anyone anywhere in a news story has any connection to Utah whatsoever, the headline reads "Man with ties to Utah stubs toe in Mexico". Who cares?
    You never read that in ANY other state.
    Mike

• Mc
    March 17, 2009 8:32 a.m.

I love 24. I loved Pres. Palmer and I believe that character prepared our country to accept the idea of an African American president much sooner than we would have. They are now preparing us for a female president. Whoever says media doesn't affect our attitudes is totally wrong.

• Judi
    March 17, 2009 7:11 a.m.

Sorry to see Bill go, not many of the old guys left, or will he come back from the dead like Tony? I wonder, how long before Jack meets his fate, story is getting weaker each week, not like it use to be, slow and too much talk. Don't like lady president and Jack's terminator partner, can't see this show lasting much longer, sorry, but all good things come to an end.

• Jill
    March 16, 2009 11:15 p.m.

The writers of 24 Kiefer especially.......know how to rock our emotions .I was watching that brilliant scene last week, when Bill dives in creating an explosion & sacrificing his life to save the President. I must admit my eyes teared up watching Jack fight back tears when he found Bill's blown Up body. I was sad to see Bill Go. He was part of our "24 Family" .The best part about his character was his .....Loyalty to Jack right till the end. 24 Fans NEVER forget who's loyal to Jack! James Morrison definitely goes up at the top of our list as a memorable fan favorite. He is a brilliantly talented actor who brought compassion & shared a special bond & respect with Jack's character on the show. He was someone Jack, Tony & Chloe all looked up to with respect. The only dilema for James Morrison may be finding a role as juicy & as memorable the one he played so effortlessly on "24. ..........ooooooooh it's going to be tough to top the beloved character of Bill Buchannan. Rest In Peace!

• renaldo
    March 16, 2009 9:37 p.m.

I.ve been a 24 fan since the first hour first day, I truly will miss Buchanan. Should have been Alberta Green.

• Mario
    March 16, 2009 6:37 p.m.

It's too bad Buchanan had to be the one to buy it.It would have been nice if he had just been wounded and continued on to fight another day.Bill Buchanan deserves the highest medal awarded a civilian.

• JPB
    March 16, 2009 11:05 a.m.

Bill Buchanan was awesome and will be sorely missed.

• joanne ierardi
    March 16, 2009 9:44 a.m.

The greatest show on tv, hated to see him go, he was a great actor in 24 and him and jack had established a great relationship throughout the show.

• Mark
    March 15, 2009 10:19 p.m.

24 best show on TV. Buchanan, ended up being the best boss for Jack. Farewell to a fictional TV hero.